PDA

View Full Version : 3 lit. engine sometimes vibrating

Rober
20th December 2012, 02:01 AM
Hi i drive '06 gr,and in a last 12 moths,4-5 times it happend to me,when i start the engine it sounds like it is working on three cylinders,with big vibrations that you can feel in the cab.when i push the trottle over 2600rpm,everything is back to normal and idles smoothly,like nothing before happend.there where no any warning lights.if that happend to a standard diesel engine with low and high pressure pump,i would be certain that one of the injectors is making a truble. this is my first Patrol,so I'am not familiar to this engine...last time this happened to me was three months ago.fuel filter I changed before few months.any tips about this engine?i read about closing the egr and cleaning MAF sensor..?

threedogs
20th December 2012, 05:58 AM
Cleaning the MAF solves heaps of issues with this engine ,get some electronic component spray from electronic shop.
Remove MAF using Torx spanner spray heaps into MAF, DO NOT TOUCH, allow to dry and re install. have a search
regarding DAWES set up. you have Cr maybe change fuel filter as well

happygu
21st December 2012, 07:37 PM
It could be a faulty Glow Plug. DOes it still do it when the engine is warm?

Mic

Yendor
21st December 2012, 07:56 PM
Does it blow any smoke on start up? if so what colour?

Is your coolant level dropping?

I would check the operation of each glow plug.

Rober
22nd December 2012, 05:23 AM
It could be a faulty Glow Plug. DOes it still do it when the engine is warm?

Mic

it did once time..

Rober
22nd December 2012, 05:28 AM
Does it blow any smoke on start up? if so what colour?

Is your coolant level dropping?

I would check the operation of each glow plug.

no any leeking,no any smoke.i have a feeling like one injector stops working,then when given throttle,(higher injector pressure),it works normally...

Morton
25th December 2012, 02:21 AM
try replacing your glow plugs first, look at number one plug for corrosion on the buzzbar & the holding nut, I think this is bought on by a leaking intercooler, twas the issue with mine, aftermarket plugs are appx $40 each, bar is genuine for appx $45, cleaning the MAF sensor regularly is a good practice