PDA

View Full Version : Where do I put check and put the auto transmission fluid?

rowlund
20th December 2012, 01:58 AM
Hi Everyone!

I bought a 4500 petrol GU automatic transmission patrol recently. I would want to check on the auto transmission fluid level and top it up if needed. My problem though is that I bought my patrol second hand without an owner's manual and have no idea where the location would be where I can find the auto tranny dipstick and where to add the fluid. Can anybody out there tell me where I could find these?

threedogs
20th December 2012, 07:11 AM
Normally on any motor regardless of make, anything painted yellow you can touch.
My manual has no pics, But it would look like a dip stick and fluid would be a redish colour.
other than that can only get you specs etc.

growler2058
20th December 2012, 07:19 AM
Not 100% sure but when ya find the dipstick that's also the filler normally

Tap someone who cares

Bigrig
20th December 2012, 09:25 AM
Should be tight against the firewall on the drivers side mate - bit hard to get to and well concealed!

The filler is on the tranny itself - not sure of what box is behind yours, but should be a filler plug on upper side wall of the box itself ...

my third 256
20th December 2012, 10:42 AM
x2 that bigrig said you can see the tube for the dip stick on the right and have seen them filled through that tube

lhurley
20th December 2012, 04:27 PM
They are very tight up against the firewall. should have a yellow tip. Dont forget to check the fluid level while the car is running. I will grab a pic of mine while im tinkering in it later.

threedogs
20th December 2012, 04:37 PM
Give BigFella a PM he would know as has your model etc