PDA

View Full Version : Aus v Eng.....with trepidation

fracster
19th December 2012, 01:10 AM
My two sporting favourites are cricket and Rugby League.

Having been brought up with watching us getting destroyed by Waugh,Warne and co on a regular basis. It has been nice to win the odd series now and again. I have kinda lost track on the Aussie side, I don`t have sky and all cricket is on sky over here. So how good is the current Aussie team and will next years Ashes be a good series?

As for Rugby League, then, unfortunately, we have never been as good as you, nor can I see us ever being so, which pains me to say.

Sorry if sports topics are banned on here, but a little friendly banter could be a good laugh.

lorrieandjas
19th December 2012, 02:19 AM
Hey mate. Yeah - think next year will be interesting. Punter gone, few injuries so could have a chance. Follow the Union at all?

Jas

fracster
19th December 2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah, like union as well bud.

Been some good games recently, didn`t expect to beat NZ, but we did pay well. I hope the team can improve and move up another level.

lorrieandjas
19th December 2012, 02:35 AM
With so e trepidation I must admit I was born in South Africa so go the 'boks! My missus is Kiwi so makes for interesting matches! If I had to bet on it I reckon you'll get the Ashes.

Jas

fracster
19th December 2012, 03:08 AM
Only because it is over here, we may just nick the Ashes, but I think it will be very close. Too close to gamble my hard earned money on anyway.

threedogs
19th December 2012, 05:50 AM
Hey Jas, interesting fact there, with holding place of birth could mean a ban.lol
Cricket wise being B&B Skippy not too confident with this bunch, no real stand outs
as for league and union , Those bloody KIWIs gee they are good and deservedly so.
French and Irish play way to rough IMO, will watch regardless

fracster
19th December 2012, 06:28 AM
Funny you say that, I have always put SA and NZ down as the more "spirited" teams bud.

macca86
19th December 2012, 06:33 AM
England could take our cricket side now with injuries and our young bowling attack but not easily. If our young fellas get some confidence from Sri Lanka series we will win. In the rugby league should be an easy win fir the Aussies the kiwis will be a challenge though. In the union Australia is a joke half the side needs sacked as well as the coach

kevin07
19th December 2012, 07:39 AM
sorry fracster the only time you have beat us in series in the last20 years is because you poms cheat its called ball tampering.

Bob
19th December 2012, 07:46 AM
sorry fracster the only time you have beat us in series in the last20 years is because you poms cheat its called ball tampering.

That is a little harsh.

I love beating the Poms but would not call them cheats

fracster
19th December 2012, 09:00 AM
That is a little harsh.

Agree, always hard fought competitions between us, but I would like to think fair.

James_R
19th December 2012, 02:23 PM
I was very glad to see the All Blacks finally stopped in their tracks. Mind you they were missing McCaw and Carter, but a win is a win.

choppie
21st December 2012, 01:10 PM
Bloody KIWI'S might not bet that good at cricket, but give them an oval ball and watch them go, YEAH

kevin07
21st December 2012, 09:30 PM
That is a little harsh.

sorry bob have we forgotten this minties to make the ball swing

fracster
25th March 2013, 09:42 PM
Two sides in a poor run of form, if it was over there, I would back Aus, but ,it ain`t, so i`m going for us to get the URN.

Clunk
25th March 2013, 10:05 PM
Hey Fracster, tough loss against the boyos in red the other weekend ;)

What you tapin at!!!!!????

TPC
25th March 2013, 10:31 PM
Two sides in a poor run of form, if it was over there, I would back Aus, but ,it ain`t, so i`m going for us to get the URN.

How confident are you, want a wager on it?

fracster
26th March 2013, 01:47 AM
Hey Fracster, tough loss against the boyos in red the other weekend ;)

They murdered us, better in every single department. No complaints at all.

How confident are you, want a wager on it?

I am not, nor ever have been that confident in any English sports team mate...............:1087:

Clunk
26th March 2013, 11:09 PM
They murdered us, better in every single department. No complaints at all.

I am not, nor ever have been that confident in any English sports team mate...............:1087:

Its a shame that the coaches didn't see it that way........ but what did they do????? Blame the ref, instead of blaming themselves for not being prepared or for not being able to come up with an answer

fracster
13th June 2013, 02:20 AM
It appears that one of your guys smacked one of our guys in a pub, nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry.....................:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22867634

TPC
13th June 2013, 09:35 AM
It appears that one of your guys smacked one of our guys in a pub, nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry.....................:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22867634

Broad should have let Root retaliate and they could have had a real fight, would have made it real interesting on the field after that.
Sounds like Root had it coming, what was Warner meant to do, sit in the corner yelling "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me".....that would be un-Australian.
Reckon there would been a bit of booze in both of them.

rusty_nail
13th June 2013, 10:45 AM
i see the british lions have been playing well over here in oz mate! australian rugby really needs a shakeup.

fracster
13th June 2013, 10:48 AM
Lions are a big strong unit, but I reckon they could come a bit unstuck with injuries if the ,few, playmakers get injured.

Should be a good series though, looking forward to the tests.

I can`t understand why you are thinking of not playing Cooper?

rusty_nail
13th June 2013, 10:56 AM
Lions are a big strong unit, but I reckon they could come a bit unstuck with injuries if the ,few, playmakers get injured.

Should be a good series though, looking forward to the tests.

I can`t understand why you are thinking of not playing Cooper?

not sure if you get all the news over there about him, but hes a loud mouthed self important d!ck. hes been disciplined for misbehaviours before and i think this is just another one of those things. australian rugby takes a pretty hard stance on having their name sullied.

fracster
13th June 2013, 11:16 AM
not sure if you get all the news over there about him, but hes a loud mouthed self important d!ck. hes been disciplined for misbehaviours before and i think this is just another one of those things. australian rugby takes a pretty hard stance on having their name sullied.

Fair comment then mate, didn`t know that about him.

It is good that Rugby stands up to crap like that.

Did you get the news about Dylan Hartley ( front row England player) calling a ref a cheat? 11 week ban,issued within hours, so he missed the Lions tour.That sends a good strong message to all the other players. They want to shout their mouths off and behvae like pansies, go play soccer instead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22704567

rusty_nail
13th June 2013, 11:59 AM
Fair comment then mate, didn`t know that about him.

It is good that Rugby stands up to crap like that.

Did you get the news about Dylan Hartley ( front row England player) calling a ref a cheat? 11 week ban,issued within hours, so he missed the Lions tour.That sends a good strong message to all the other players. They want to shout their mouths off and behvae like pansies, go play soccer instead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22704567

thats good to hear its similar over there mate. it really bothers me when these guys, who are role models for young people, act up and set bad examples. australian rugby doesnt stand for it and severely punish anyone who steps outta line.

there was a rugby leauge conver a few years ago called wendell sailor who was caught doing cocaine. he was immediately let go from australian rugby. if it were rugby league however most times people get slapped on the wrist and back to work.

threedogs
13th June 2013, 12:01 PM
Not a Union guy but like most like to watch the internationals, I thing I have noticed is the head high stuff from the French and Irish.
It truely is the Gentleman game.

fracster
13th June 2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I watch league a lot, it is a Northern England game. Very much a "working mans" sport. But it does let itself down at times, as seen here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-1194943/Wigan-Warriors-forward-Gareth-Hock-banned-testing-positive-cocaine.html

Should never have played rugby again,in my opinion. Yes,they are role models, whether they like it or not.As such, they should behave themselves.

threedogs
13th June 2013, 01:51 PM
We have a 3 strikes you're out rule WTF,, they pay these young guys huge money to set themselves up for life.
They get drunk, take who knows what,fight and get let off with $5000 fines its a joke, Caught once you're out.
Had your chance and blew it. Then they cry boo hoo.And dont get me started on the Spin Doctors, Joke

fracster
15th June 2013, 08:19 PM
Good start for the Lions 10-0.

ozzyboy
15th June 2013, 08:29 PM
nice try from the tahs just now tho

fracster
15th June 2013, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a good game, radio only over here.

ozzyboy
15th June 2013, 08:33 PM
wow. here in Australia, we have had TV's for a couple decades now. England sound like they are really falling behind :P

ozz

fracster
15th June 2013, 08:34 PM
wow. here in Australia, we have had TV's for a couple decades now. England sound like they are really falling behind :P

ozz

:clapping:

I mean I have not got Sky TV.

fracster
26th October 2013, 11:50 PM
I think you lot will beat us at RL today, be an interesting game.

threedogs
27th October 2013, 06:55 AM
Who's the thug that cuffed our Sam Thaiday, uncalled for IMO

kevin07
27th October 2013, 10:03 AM
My two sporting favourites are cricket and Rugby League.

Having been brought up with watching us getting destroyed by Waugh,Warne and co on a regular basis. It has been nice to win the odd series now and again. I have kinda lost track on the Aussie side, I don`t have sky and all cricket is on sky over here. So how good is the current Aussie team and will next years Ashes be a good series?

As for Rugby League, then, unfortunately, we have never been as good as you, nor can I see us ever being so, which pains me to say.

Sorry if sports topics are banned on here, but a little friendly banter could be a good laugh.

win the odd series ade what about the minties and other ball tampering and now adding stuff to the bat, I reckon win the odd series baloney, no prisoners taken this time

fracster
27th October 2013, 06:23 PM
Sam Burgess did that TD, went on report and will probably cop a ban for it, rightly so.

Kev, your a bitter man.................:p

kevin07
27th October 2013, 09:57 PM
Sam Burgess did that TD, went on report and will probably cop a ban for it, rightly so.

Kev, your a bitter man.................:p

ade lets fire up but your such a gentleman I don't think you will happy banter to follow

Clunk
27th October 2013, 10:29 PM
Not sure what this game is but I heard Ireland gave Australia a right good going over in the international rules footy

fracster
28th October 2013, 02:13 AM
I don`t get wound up about sport Kev, it isn`t life and death afterall, just some blokes,or ladies, trying to be better than some others playing the same game.

It`s only a game Kev...................Except when we play Wales or France at anything.

fracster
1st December 2013, 02:26 AM
Awesome display by the Aus RL side, mind you, we softened the Kiwis up for you last week...............:biggrin:

threedogs
1st December 2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah another Cup in the cupboard, we need all the help we can get ATM.
Bloody dangerous field with that drop off behind the goal line not acceptable
for a world cup final, lucky no one was seriously hurt so ended well. Poor KiWis

@ Clunk that would have been the Irish Football against our indiginous boys,
we got flogged

threedogs
3rd December 2013, 03:50 PM
Poms out seeing the night life of Adelaide till 3 .30am in the morning certainly not cricket in my books

TPC
3rd December 2013, 04:27 PM
Poms out in seeing the night life of Adelaide till 3 .30am in the morning certainly not cricket in my books

I think they should be out late every night, anything to give the Aussies the advantage.

I am annoyed with myself as I was going to go on the first day but left it too late to buy tickets, first 4 days are sold out.

threedogs
3rd December 2013, 04:42 PM
this test might let us know where we stand