PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Hervey Bay

Bellos
22nd November 2010, 09:52 PM
Hi All,

Stumbled on this forum thinking to myself, why the hell haven't I stumbled on this before??

Own a 1990 GQ Ute 4.2 turbo diesel, converted from a wagon so coils all round and runs well off the bitumen. Heaps of fun but unfortunately I'm having to sell the girl due to an expanding family. A 2 seater ute for a family of 4 isn't very practical when we want a trip to Fraser Island. :(

Anyway, when it goes it has to be replaced with a wagon of course so I'll be sticking around - love my Patrols :)

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers
Adrian

wildgu6
22nd November 2010, 10:09 PM
Hey Adrian,Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on baord the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Glad to see your going to stick around, its a great forum to be involved in and good to see you sticking with Trols.
Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Woof
22nd November 2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome Adrian, enjoy the forum mate, if you have some photos of the ute we would love to see them.

Finly Owner
22nd November 2010, 11:58 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Adrian. I think Qld'ers out no. all other members now. We will have to organise a meet very soon.

Tim

AB
23rd November 2010, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Adrian, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

patch697
23rd November 2010, 11:30 AM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

DX grunt
23rd November 2010, 11:58 AM
G'day Adrian

Welcome to the forum and the 4.2 turbo ute family! You little GQtey! lol

I understand about expanding families. In my younger days I had to go from a sedan to a Tarago.

Pics would be great.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Bigrig
23rd November 2010, 01:02 PM
G'day mate - where abouts around HB are you? Most of my family live up there (Craignish), so around that way a fair bit. Welcome to the forum.

Russell1974
23rd November 2010, 09:34 PM
hey mate welcome aboard

Maxhead
24th November 2010, 07:53 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum

YNOT
24th November 2010, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Adrian.
If tour Patrol started life as a wagon and was converted to a ute, why not convert it back? Sell the ute body and drop a complete wagon body on.
Just an idea.

Tony

Bellos
24th November 2010, 11:41 PM
Pictures are coming when I can find some :-)

Tony, funnily enough I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately selling it now is also for financial reasons and it won't be for a few years before I return to Patrol land :-(

Bigrig, I live in Kawungan which is not far from the CBD area. Craignish is a nice area, not far from some good 4WDing there.

Cheers,
Adrian

Bigrig
25th November 2010, 07:38 AM
Pictures are coming when I can find some :-)

Tony, funnily enough I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately selling it now is also for financial reasons and it won't be for a few years before I return to Patrol land :-(

Bigrig, I live in Kawungan which is not far from the CBD area. Craignish is a nice area, not far from some good 4WDing there.

Cheers,
Adrian

I'll have to get you to take me out next time I'm up that way - when I go up to the family, I tend to 'park the car' if you know what I mean (too much sun, coastline, and beer to enjoy)!!! lolol ... Be interested to check out some tracks up that way!!

Bellos
25th November 2010, 07:57 PM
I'll have to get you to take me out next time I'm up that way - when I go up to the family, I tend to 'park the car' if you know what I mean (too much sun, coastline, and beer to enjoy)!!! lolol ... Be interested to check out some tracks up that way!!

Actually I've only ever heard of places, namely the infamous "Telstra Tower" just up the road at the Torbanlea / Toogoom intersection. I mainly go 4WDing around Maryborough since that's where I work and that's where everyone I know who own 4WDs live :-)