PDA

View Full Version : New owner Patrol Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition

Symmo
18th December 2012, 07:14 PM
Hi to all,

We purchased a new Patrol 50th Anniversary Edition back in June this year. Manual, White Diamond, Snorkel - very nice looking rig however I am unhappy with a few things. Just small things like trying to fit my sunnies in the overhead sunglasses compartment for one. Another is the fog lights do not have a light on the dash board to indicate when their on (most other modern vehicles on the road have this), also didn't realise that the taillights were false (sorted that out cost me around $300.00 to get the tail light assembly and fitted by an auto electrician).

Now just recently I was made aware from this forum that the Sat Nav maps are dated 2010 - a thread started by Schanmala and which I am contributing to - to see if Nissan will provide updated maps.

Only new to this forum business so still finding my feet. We are moving to Darwin from Sydney start 2013, so expect to give the Patrol some work over the next few years.

jack
18th December 2012, 07:28 PM
Welcome aboard mate, good luck with maps issue. I also had the tail light issue, found a great step by step guide on here and did them myself - all sorted. Agree with you on the sunglasses holder, made for children.
Enjoy the forum and the GU, I know I'm very happy with mine.

Cheers

Maxhead
18th December 2012, 07:33 PM
G;Day Symmo, welcome to the forum mate..... Those little things are a pain in the arse but for the price you get the most capable bit of machinery around.

healy
18th December 2012, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
18th December 2012, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, bit strange about the fog lights!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
18th December 2012, 08:14 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap someone who cares

wildgu6
18th December 2012, 08:17 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAP TAP TAP MERRY XMAS TO ALL AND A SAFE NEW YEAR TO COME

TAP TAP TAP MERRY XMAS TO ALL AND A SAFE NEW YEAR TO COME

krbrooking
18th December 2012, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, I wonder if you would be able to get some sort of light installed to tell you if the fog lights are on and if the price would be worth it.

Dhuck
18th December 2012, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bloodyaussie
18th December 2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome aboard mate....................

scotty83
18th December 2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the crew. Congrats on the 50th Edition purchase.. Sorry to hear they haven't gotten with the times yet. Guess they are putting all their efforts into the new toy.

PMC
18th December 2012, 08:50 PM
G'day mate!

Welcome aboard and i hope you enjoy this great forum and its members!

PS, watch out for the Dhuck. lol

Regards,

RLI

MEGOMONSTER
18th December 2012, 10:29 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Timmo
18th December 2012, 11:28 PM
welcome to the forum and look us up when ya get here to the top end....................

lorrieandjas
18th December 2012, 11:33 PM
Hey mate and welcome to the forum - again! Yeah the lack of fog light indication on the dash lights threw me too considering the Pathie I used to own had it. Dunno about the maps issue - but easily fixed.

Jas

my third 256
20th December 2012, 09:47 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen