PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 CRD upper sump

jimi_h80
18th December 2012, 02:20 PM
hi all
friday just gone i cracked my upper sump (cast alloy), not sure how it happened as there is no visible knock marks on the outside and the lower sump (pressed steel) is in near new condition. i was supposed to be driving from perth to port lincoln for new years, so i glad it happened close to home instead of half way across the nullabour!!!
Finding parts in perth this time of year is proving to be a b!tch, new from nissan is 3 week plus wait @ $425 (price far less than i expected) and the only wrecker with possibly one on the shelf wants FROM $650 second hand, when i politly explained to them the part was only $425 from nissan new, i was told it was very hard to belive and i should f@ck off and get it from nissan then!!!!
So does any one know of anyone with one laying around (2008 gu patrol ZD30 CRD) or know of any FRIENDLY wreckers in Aust who may have one in stock? also does any one know if the DI is interchangeable with the CRD, i asked the nissan parts guy and he told me they have different stock numbers (2005 compared to 2008) so he would expecy they were not, but was not 100% sure.

cheers

jimi_h80
18th December 2012, 02:55 PM
found one at NISS4X4.com.au $165+$55 postage, ordered

happygu
18th December 2012, 09:44 PM
How did you find it....was it weeping oil in the driveway???

It looks a little like a stess crack being right on the bend. No hits on the bottom or front edge of the lower sump?

Mic

rochjas
19th December 2012, 10:39 AM
Wont be in Business much longer with an attitude like that

jimi_h80
19th December 2012, 12:01 PM
Had just installed new ARE intercooler and bonnet scoop, went for a quick spin up to supercheap to get a new battery for missus broomstick, when I come out I could see oil pissing out, initially thought lower sump seal had gone, raced it home and dropped the oil. Probably lost close to 3 litres.
No bash marks on lower sump, did find foot well bashed in on drivers side, guessing clutch has been done at some stage, so maybe it got stressed then (jack on lower sump?) and just decided to let go. Only had the vehicle six months so anything could of happened to it before hand.

happygu
19th December 2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I was thinking it has to be something like that.....I think that they have 'jacked' the motor via the sump to hold it up whilst doing the gearbox...it seems to be the most logical explanation

stock patrol
22nd December 2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I was thinking it has to be something like that.....I think that they have 'jacked' the motor via the sump to hold it up whilst doing the gearbox...it seems to be the most logical explanation

Back yard yobbo's if they've used a jack under sump and not where bolts secure to block.