PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Maryborough

mickldo
22nd November 2010, 06:58 PM
G'day

I am a 4wd mechanic from Maryborough in Qld and we build most of the Nissan Patrols for Ergon.

I actually own Land Cruisers myself but all of my friends drive Nissans and I seem to get all of the work keeping them on the road. Even though I am a "Cruiser man" myself I don't "hate" Nissans like the normal Nissan vs Toyota stereotypes. I also have owned Daihatsus, Suzukis and Mitsubishis so don't hate me for not owning a Nissan.

I do a lot of work on the GU Patrols at work and have found a couple of things that I can share that may be of use to some of you forum members. Not to mention all of the other experience that is non-Nissan specific that I have such as setting vehicles up for outback travel, wiring dual batteries, turbo installs, etc.

I have done a lot of hard core 4wding and remote area touring. Basically if it has two diffs and a second gearstick I like it.

Cheers
Mick

NissanGQ4.2
22nd November 2010, 07:03 PM
We don't hate Toyota owners, Each 2 there own, gives us Nissan drivers something 2 recover when were out and about *LMAO*

Welcome to the forum Mick,

Very nice bunch of guys n girls on here always willing to help out where they can, you being a Mechanic would probable help us out more :)

Enjoy the forum mate.

Todd

YNOT
22nd November 2010, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the forum Mick. Any advice or experience you can share will be appreciated.

Tony

wildgu6
22nd November 2010, 07:35 PM
Hey Mick,Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on baord the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Your time here will be well worth the effort buddy, very friendly bunch of guys, its a great place!
Your knowledge will be much appreciated around here, so dont be shy about throwing your 2bobs worth in.
A few good laughs along the way as well as you can see by Toddys post. (If your a Trol owner)
"We don't hate Toyota owners, Each 2 there own, gives us Nissan drivers something 2 recover when were out and about" Nice one Toddy.....LOL

Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Woof
22nd November 2010, 07:55 PM
Welcome Mick, enjoy the forum mate, hopefully we will all learn from each other

mickldo
22nd November 2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

patch697
22nd November 2010, 09:02 PM
Welcome on board mate, I hope you enjoy the forum & share some of your knowledge as well.

Finly Owner
23rd November 2010, 12:36 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Mick, So what will you drive to the Qld members get together? Glad to have another Qld'er on board and even better that you can help as another tech advisor.

Tim

AB
23rd November 2010, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the forum Mick, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bigrig
23rd November 2010, 01:04 PM
G'day Mick - welcome aboard mate ... will stay tuned to hear some 'tips and tricks' regarding setup (especially the touring parts). Enjoy!

DX grunt
23rd November 2010, 04:07 PM
G'day Mick

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Russell1974
23rd November 2010, 09:31 PM
hey mate welcome cant hold it against you about ur choice of bus hopefully you can contribute some of your knowledge over to the rest of us

Maxhead
24th November 2010, 07:54 PM
G'Day Mick welcome to the forum mate