PDA

View Full Version : Apple Iphone os6 users beware

Jock
14th December 2012, 06:15 PM
For info, please read: http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/more-news/11081-police-concerned-with-apple-ios-6-mapping-system.html

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 06:23 PM
Load up the Patrols and go on an Apple mystery tour :)

Google has just released a new map app which should help out.

lorrieandjas
14th December 2012, 06:58 PM
Hey Jock - thanks for that. This has been an issue since and apple and google maps fell out.

Jas

makeitfit
14th December 2012, 08:01 PM
Just heard on the news that Apple are now allowing google map apps etc back onto the i phone 'cause their own system was a bit poo ;)
Android all the way for me haha :-)

GU CAMPER
14th December 2012, 08:18 PM
They must have fixed it already
Just checked on my phone and it shows it in the right spot

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2012, 09:22 PM
Apple is a love hate thing........

NissanGQ4.2
14th December 2012, 09:30 PM
Apple is a love hate thing........

No love, just lotsa hate *L*

NissanGQ4.2
14th December 2012, 09:32 PM
They must have fixed it already
Just checked on my phone and it shows it in the right spot

Might not be the case, you might be showing in the correct place but put in Mildura and see where it takes you

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2012, 09:34 PM
I got told if I bought an Iphone my mate would punch me in the neck!!! has not punched me yet!

GU CAMPER
14th December 2012, 09:40 PM
Might not be the case, you might be showing in the correct place but put in Mildura and see where it takes you

Just checked again then
Tried to get directions from home ( north coast nsw ) to mildura and it took me to centre of mildura

macca86
14th December 2012, 10:03 PM
IPhone for those that are sheep, stupid, or pretentious wankers. Android rocks no limitations

lorrieandjas
14th December 2012, 10:18 PM
IPhone for those that are sheep, stupid, or pretentious wankers. Android rocks no limitations

Baaaaa! Baaaaa! But in all seriousness - you think Android has no limitations? Horses for courses. I have a team of guys who do app development on both and have die-hards in both camps. Holden versus Ford I think!

Jas

Forced Offroad
15th December 2012, 07:57 AM
There was a issue at 1st with update and now fixed with the second update.

Forced Offroad
15th December 2012, 08:01 AM

That's mot nice, I have a IPhone........
You don't know me so you should judge someone because they have something you don't like.

stevogq
15th December 2012, 08:06 AM
Just a few reasons why I don't have an iPhone is slave labour with atrocious working conditions, my old 3gs is no different to 5, you spend money for apps that you can't transfure to to another phone unlike android where if I have a HTC I can transfure to Samsung also don't tell me there is better apps on iPhone with all there restrictions.

And that's my 2c also I'm using a Nokia lumia 920 so far the best phone I've used to date including my galaxy s3

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

Bigrig
15th December 2012, 08:12 AM

Hey Macca

It's Scotty here - you know, the sheepish, stupid and pretentious wanker. Can't wait to see you on Friday and "discuss" those comments a bit more!! lol

Maxhead
15th December 2012, 08:59 AM
That is why Apple shares are plummeting down, around 30% lower since release of IOS6. Steve Jobs will be turning in his grave hearing all this!

stevogq
15th December 2012, 09:16 AM
Think about the business strategy for the company, they bring out iPhone change format from mp3 consumer buys songs, apps, games spends a heap and they are stuck with apple so if they buy another brand eg: HTC Samsung Nokia the consumer will Loose potentially hundreds of dollars worth of programs that is useless to other brands.

Apple ads are subconscious to consumers, they "leak" a product on the internet to give a taste to consumers and make them wait and to place pre purchase orders.

Maxhead
15th December 2012, 09:22 AM
Think about the business strategy for the company, they bring out iPhone change format from mp3 consumer buys songs, apps, games spends a heap and they are stuck with apple so if they buy another brand eg: HTC Samsung Nokia the consumer will Loose potentially hundreds of dollars worth of programs that is useless to other brands.

Apple ads are subconscious to consumers, they "leak" a product on the internet to give a taste to consumers and make them wait and to place pre purchase orders.

Didn't Apple change the connector on their own product? What were they thinking! Millions of people had accessories for their phones but now they need an adaptor to use them.

I love my android as I can change phone brands and still run the same platform

stevogq
15th December 2012, 09:34 AM
Yep to kill off the aftermarket for a while and they say its a faster plug? My bum.

Their making a mint with new accessories

Drew
15th December 2012, 10:24 AM
Yep to kill off the aftermarket for a while and they say its a faster plug? My bum.

Their making a mint with new accessories

Faster plug, your bum.... I'm lost ;) :)

Drew
15th December 2012, 10:24 AM
Baaaaa! Baaaaa! But in all seriousness - you think Android has no limitations? Horses for courses. I have a team of guys who do app development on both and have die-hards in both camps. Holden versus Ford I think!

Jas

Exacery. 'Orses for courses

Forced Offroad
15th December 2012, 10:41 AM
I got the new Iphone when It came out, bought a adaptor for $25 for the Docking station. Beside's that it works on all my accessories I bought when I got the 1st Gen Iphone. Its a Different connector into the phone beside that it has a usb Port which fits into any thing with one.

The only People that have issues with Iphones and small little things like this are people that don't like Apple Products.

I dont like android, but if that works for you great. There is No need complaining about a Product that you don't have or use.

At the end of the day for me, My Iphone works great and makes me money and I have never had a glitch. I couldn't live with out my Iphone.....

Both phones do pretty much the same thing, lets you talk,lets you take photo's, lets you write post on tis forum, lets you check the interent, lets you shop online list goes on. Best of all, lets you not get lost in the Bush with Map app's.....
Win Win for all of us...But at the end of the day you have to thank Apple for all of this..

Clunk
15th December 2012, 12:15 PM
I got the new Iphone when It came out, bought a adaptor for $25 for the Docking station. Beside's that it works on all my accessories I bought when I got the 1st Gen Iphone. Its a Different connector into the phone beside that it has a usb Port which fits into any thing with one.

The only People that have issues with Iphones and small little things like this are people that don't like Apple Products.

I dont like android, but if that works for you great. There is No need complaining about a Product that you don't have or use.

At the end of the day for me, My Iphone works great and makes me money and I have never had a glitch. I couldn't live with out my Iphone.....

Both phones do pretty much the same thing, lets you talk,lets you take photo's, lets you write post on tis forum, lets you check the interent, lets you shop online list goes on. Best of all, lets you not get lost in the Bush with Map app's.....
Win Win for all of us...But at the end of the day you have to thank Apple for all of this..

I like the apple products, as a whole theyre bloody good machines. I just don't the limitations of the products, such as memory, ports, and my biggest bugbear ITunes, so I use android...................anyway its now the turn of Windows to shine with Windows 8, Android will probably adapt quickly but Apple will struggle, it all goes round in cycles.