PDA

View Full Version : side clearnce lights

rodgordodger
13th December 2012, 02:31 PM
hi all
can anyone tell me if the front clearance lights on side of patrol are supposed to work when indicator comes on or are they stand alone clearance lights
Cheers

rodgordodger
13th December 2012, 03:27 PM
ok side indicators but they are in clear lenses??what im trying to establish is can i make them come on only to stay on as i indivate as currently they come on with parker's.and u can tell i drive heavy vehicles for a living.cheers for that Plasnart

Winnie
13th December 2012, 03:28 PM
Pretty sure they come on when you have headlights on and indicate?

DIAL-A-TAP

threedogs
13th December 2012, 04:11 PM
I think the globe you're refering to is the T20 with a dual function when you put your indicator on it shines brighter, Supposed to shine up road more which ever way you turn

rodgordodger
13th December 2012, 05:27 PM
thats the ones threedogs.at the moment they only come on with parkers

rodgordodger
13th December 2012, 05:34 PM
you would be right there plasnart but as i said they are in clear lenses where indicators are normally coloured lenses.there is side indicators in gaurd just behind wheel but this is front of gaurd.as threedogs said suppose to shine brighter around corners

Clunk
13th December 2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah mate, I have them on me GQ. They only operate when you have your headlights on and indicate

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

threedogs
13th December 2012, 05:48 PM
Sort of like a mini hi/lo beam comes on with parkers and gets brighter with indicator on.

megatexture
13th December 2012, 05:52 PM
they would be clear/white as they are pointing forward? like white forward and red pointing to the rear of the car but then is also orange like a typical indicator from the side view

you wouldn’t have any issues if the white light was on with the parks but if that lit up the indicator also as its possibly a dual filament then that would be an issue

threedogs
13th December 2012, 05:58 PM
Its just a white parker the illuminates brighter when you flick the indicator, the white one doesn't blink
it just glows brighter to illuminate which ever way you turn

Clunk
13th December 2012, 06:17 PM
Guys, he ha a GQ, it's not a parker light. It overcomes on when you indicate and have your main lights on..... If I can find a pic on my phone I'll post it..... Either that of have a look at mine in the members rides

rodgordodger
13th December 2012, 06:39 PM
thats it threedogs.do you happen to know which is the correct bulb to go in there as there is only a single element bulb in atm

threedogs
13th December 2012, 07:36 PM
Its a T20 globe which is the larger Wedge style but the wires are on both sides of the wedge,I have that black one that has the wires both side of wedge

the evil twin
13th December 2012, 09:08 PM
Guys, he ha a GQ, it's not a parker light. It overcomes on when you indicate and have your main lights on..... If I can find a pic on my phone I'll post it..... Either that of have a look at mine in the members rides

Yep, 100% agree.

They are Cornering Lamps and the one on the appropriate side is designed to come on steady at night when the vehicle lights are on and the left or right indicator is selected.

rodgordodger
18th December 2012, 12:12 PM
mine come on with headlights but dont illuminate any extra when indicating.does anyone know which is correct bulb for this parking light??

rodgordodger
18th December 2012, 12:17 PM
thanks heaps to all for the advice it has been great.now just to workout the sqeuaking noise coming from front r/h wheel.isnt bearings as no play when i move tyre up or down.if any suggestions i do have this enquiry going in general forum.Thanks again guys.anyone from bris north let me know if your looking for someone to tag along on a day out

mudski
22nd December 2012, 01:46 AM
Nothing caught in your brakes? I had a few stones wedged in between the rotor cover and caliper (thanks to my "I'll go if you go" attitude), and it was making a god awful squeal.