PDA

View Full Version : loss of power gu 2007

grubkenbel
13th December 2012, 11:09 AM
hey have got a major loss of power to the wagon.
Had the 4 injectors replaced as well as the turbo in august this year as it was running like a pig.
I have put scan tool on and only fault code showing is that of the egr as i have blocked it.
I have two fuel filters on.
wondering if this is the issue or if it is a maf sensor issue or something else.
Car doesnt overheat just is gutless.

please help'
Bel

lorrieandjas
13th December 2012, 11:11 AM
Hi mate - is the loss of power constant over the rev range or does it occur at particular revs, gears, etc?

Jas

grubkenbel
13th December 2012, 11:18 AM
It seems to have a little bit of lag to get up and go then it has a bit of lag going up in all gears and sitting on 80n getting it to go to 100 takes a bit and foot is flat to floor gotta wait for it to get there and on highway testing it out bush no other cars it used to do 160 to 180 no dramas and good pick up now it takes a bit to get to 120 130 and you can feel the lag.

Bob
13th December 2012, 11:21 AM
Clean the MAF and disconnect the Battery for 1 Hour

grubkenbel
13th December 2012, 11:23 AM
also it isnt chewing the fuel or overheating,
however i had to go up the toowoomba range 2 weeks ago and I had to drop it back from 3rd gear into 2nd gear as it had stuff all power and it blew some black smoke in 2nd gear as i had to push it up the hill.
then check oil light came on and i pulled up at top of range and checked oil level and it was fine. then light went off still stuff all power

grubkenbel
13th December 2012, 11:27 AM
what do i clean the maf sensor with

lorrieandjas
13th December 2012, 11:31 AM
Problems with mass air flow sensors are very common. A bad or contaminated mass air flow sensor cannot measure the amount of air flow correctly. This can cause various driveability problems such as stalling, especially when the engine is cold, misfiring, lack of power, poor acceleration, etc.

Check out this post from YNOT on cleaning it:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?597-Checking-and-cleaning-MAF-sensors

Pretty easy - just be careful with it.

Jas

grubkenbel
13th December 2012, 01:14 PM
ok well have just pulled it out and cleaned it so now we will see soon if that has helped. fingers crossed lol

Bob
13th December 2012, 01:17 PM
ok well have just pulled it out and cleaned it so now we will see soon if that has helped. fingers crossed lol

Dont forget to disconnect the Battery for an Hour to reset the ECU

grubkenbel
13th December 2012, 01:21 PM
LOL yep already did that

lorrieandjas
13th December 2012, 02:01 PM
How'd you go mate?

Jas

threedogs
13th December 2012, 03:15 PM
X 3 with above you'll need a star style tool to remove it , spray heaps into it but don't touch it. make sure its completely dry before refitting

Sir Roofy
13th December 2012, 04:05 PM
X4 on the above but you didnt mention a catch can
if you have,nt got one id suggest you look into getting one the provent 200 is the best one

Oversize
14th December 2012, 06:12 AM
also it isnt chewing the fuel or overheating,
however i had to go up the toowoomba range 2 weeks ago and I had to drop it back from 3rd gear into 2nd gear as it had stuff all power and it blew some black smoke in 2nd gear as i had to push it up the hill.
then check oil light came on and i pulled up at top of range and checked oil level and it was fine. then light went off still stuff all power

Just went through this with Thelma recently. Cleaned the MAF sensor, no fix. Put in new MAF sensor, no fix. Put in new computer, no fix. For shits and giggles we put in another new MAF sensor. BINGO! Your symptoms are identical to Thelma's. Thanks to the forum members she is back on the road and running like a new one.

grubkenbel
14th December 2012, 11:18 AM
How'd you go mate?

Jas

Went well for a bit then its decided to start to play up again a little bit so am ordering a new MAF sensor and see from there.

grubkenbel
14th December 2012, 11:19 AM
X4 on the above but you didnt mention a catch can
if you have,nt got one id suggest you look into getting one the provent 200 is the best one

Sorry for my stupidity but what is a catch can

grubkenbel
14th December 2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks heaps to everyones replies it was giving me the shits since i'd already spent 4000 on new injectors plus another 3000 on the turbo and in feb shes booked in for another 1000 for the manifold gasket.

threedogs
14th December 2012, 11:27 AM
Is any of this work under warranty?? Have you changed your fuel filter recently, blowing black smoke under load for a diesel is normal.
Seems we're missing something

grubkenbel
14th December 2012, 11:37 AM
Is any of this work under warranty?? Have you changed your fuel filter recently, blowing black smoke under load for a diesel is normal.

nope not under warranty anymore bought car from dodgy car dealer nearly one year ago. at dealership i opened the bonnet and had a good look at everything and the belt for the water pump was old and worn and i told them to replace it they said it was fine 2 weeks later it blew so they had to fix it under warranty.
have had nothing but dramas with this car it owes me money now.
they dodgied the air con vents and now they have shit themselves again as it only blows the air con through the top vents near the windscreen so i gotta muck around and fix that.
in august this year the turbo went and all the injectors were f###ed.
after i spent money on putting a 3 inch lift under it and also tinting the windows and putting 305/70 R16 Mickey Thompsons under it, plus HID headlights and Lightforce spotties.
so was not happy to say the least when all the shit decided to start dying on it.

grubkenbel
14th December 2012, 11:38 AM

i changed fuel filter in september and also put on a second glass filter then too so it has two fuel filters running.

It blows black smoke if i give it a little bit on the highway. more than usual

bigmarkc
14th December 2012, 09:32 PM
Dont worry mate it sounds like my 2000 GU.The same problem.Runs like a gem one day then terrible like yours the next.I cleaned my MAF sensor a month ago so dont think thats an issue.

Jock
15th December 2012, 10:35 AM
Is it possibly lack of fuel ? I have heard that 2 fuel filters can cause suction problems with the fuel pump. I would take out, or bypass the aftermarket filter and see what happens if you think that may be the problem.

My 2bobs worth.

Jock

Oversize
19th December 2012, 01:28 PM
Sorry for my stupidity but what is a catch can

You are not stupid. There is a lot going on in the aftermarket stuff for patrols and the catch can is one of them. Search in the window top right of the page and you will learn heaps. Thats how I overcome being silver with tits!

Cheers from Thelma and Louise

threedogs
19th December 2012, 02:59 PM
Is there a menber nearby that will lend a MAF to eliminate that from the equation

happygu
19th December 2012, 10:46 PM
Disconnect the second filter, and run the fuel line straight to the main filter and see if the problem resolves itself. That will give you your answer on the second fuel filter.

I too have heard that it isn't good to run a second filter, as you may not get enough fuel pressure for it to run properly.

Mic

bigmarkc
24th December 2012, 02:43 PM
I disconnected my battery for an hour and has been fine since.