PDA

View Full Version : Hi all from Denmark/Adelaide SA GU 4.2TD

The Viking
12th December 2012, 02:58 PM
Hi,

I bought the Troll a while ago and used to love it like any other new romance :icon_bonk:we had our up and downs but always returned to the Garage (Limping sometimes). First big trip ended with cut brake lines on the mail-track heading for a beautiful hill 400Km North of Yunta.

What should have been a short loop ended with a detour over Arkaroola and visit to Lake Frome a bush repair with the road maintenance crew up there on the mail-track. I thought it would be better to go to Arkaroola as I knew they had a good workshop than floating 3 tons of metal back to Adelaide with almost no brakes.

Well to cut a long story short if you ever get to Arkaroola give Doug Sprigg a hug and meet a true Aussi legend, I think I paid AUD37 to use his workshop 1 day, borrow his tools and Oxy and he flew to Leigh Creek and organized with a friend to fly my part from Adelaide to Leigh Creek. Probably the best commercial of Australia that could ever have been done, my parents and their friend where truly impressed about the bush mentality.

And of course I am going to rub this one of my Wife, after a rogaining event in Second valley returning to the main road we skid of the road and ended in the ditch, after moving a few blocks of heavy rock out the way with the front wheels, the troll meet it's limits as a 1x0.5x0.5 meter rock apparently launched the ship in the air ripping 3 control arms of the back axle. My wife who is normally cool, got a little hysterical (no pictures) and lost confidence in her driving skills, and after some negotiations I was allowed to give it a go of getting the vehicle out of the ditch as it was freezing cold and the tow truck was 2-3 hours away. Amazingly enough with the front wheel drive engaged I managed in first go to back it up on the road and move it to a more secure spot. That added to the love of Manfred.

Well that's got to be it for now ...

Erik

MEGOMONSTER
12th December 2012, 03:59 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

AB
12th December 2012, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, a couple of interesting events so far!!!!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

wildgu6
12th December 2012, 04:27 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Sounds like one of those minties moments lol, glad all worked out ok, and no one hurt apart from the miss's pride.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2012, 04:29 PM
Welcome aboard mate...............

PMC
12th December 2012, 05:14 PM
G'day mate!

Welcome aboard and enjoy this great forum and its member's!

Regards,

RLI

Dhuck
12th December 2012, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
12th December 2012, 05:50 PM
Hell of an intro G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

Stropp
12th December 2012, 09:56 PM
Velcome to the forum Erik the Viking, great bunch here and enjoy your stay.

The Viking
12th December 2012, 11:34 PM
How am I going to get my 25 posts done in a hurry? I am going to Perth on the 17 Dec and my car is so much trouble, I need some info and manuals ASAP. Right now my NATS is giving my greif and I can't start her. Solution for the morning is drill, hammer and chisel and get that black box of my fuel solenoid. Connect to the green wire and I hope to be happy. Am I on the right track? Who put that sort of crap on a 4WD anyhow. By the way I am a permanent resident.

/Erik

lorrieandjas
13th December 2012, 12:37 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Jas

The Viking
13th December 2012, 12:46 AM
Man I am not sure if I told the hole story but I am up for an other epic adventure, and Manfred and I are not on good terms right now. If I had time I could dish up a few more happenings. You say just ask it... ... ...

In 7 days I am going to Perth and the car is F****d :

1 Sub tank is wet and smells of Diesel leakage is not apparent when pump is active, solution no diesel in sub-tank.
2 I got 3 1/2 rims of white sun a rays or what ever with terra trac hercules 16inch, 2 1/2 tires are good. What size rims and tires do you recommend. I am on a misson new or used.
3 I fitted a Scott rod 3 inch pipe and it didn't come with any support braces, what is the best solution to get a proper exhaust system?

Can somebody give me 25 posts so that I can download some manuals or is there a competent person that want's to skype? I am in need of expertise soon :)

/erik

N.B my car doesn't start as the NATS has decided to challenge me, what the f**k is computers doing in my low tech TD4.2 give me that Jap Eng and I will warm his ears.

/Erik

my third 256
13th December 2012, 03:56 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
13th December 2012, 04:33 PM
Hello and welcome mate just introduce a few newbies and you'll have your 25 posts in no time , Enjoy

Maxhead
15th December 2012, 07:21 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

healy
16th December 2012, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
16th December 2012, 07:51 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Forest1970
17th December 2012, 11:15 PM
Welcome mate great forum, you'll love it

cruizerbitz
17th December 2012, 11:50 PM
Hi ho and welcome to a great forum with a great attitude. :)