PDA

View Full Version : work wanted brisbane

macca86
11th December 2012, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone. My work is shutting down for christmas and I have little to know annual leave due to getting married and my wifes medical issues she's had this year. I am seeking holiday employment. I will do anything I am a boilermaker and poly pipe welder by trade but will do labours work offside sweep clean the loo you name it if you have anything going I'd love to hear from you. I am also looking for weekend work too let me know.

Ben-e-boy
11th December 2012, 08:19 PM
hit up the employment agencies the might be suppling people for the chrissy shutdowns

macca86
11th December 2012, 09:00 PM
I've hammered career one and seek for trade jobs have 6 apps out right now. If all fails I have a week picking veg and fruit in stanthorpe and tully planned

wildgu6
13th December 2012, 10:35 PM
I've hammered career one and seek for trade jobs have 6 apps out right now. If all fails I have a week picking veg and fruit in stanthorpe and tully planned

Seek and Career One are prob" the 2 best emplyoment sites i have come across macca, but this time of year ????
As for the fruit / veg pickin, love it. Have done it quite a few times in the Riverland SA over the years, think its awsome for a few $$$$, if you get onto a good property, you can make some really good bucks.
Good luck in the search mate.

macca86
13th December 2012, 10:46 PM
Cheers mate. Times are lean right now I'll just do some picking and chase a better job for the new year.

megatexture
13th December 2012, 11:19 PM
I've done alot of fruit picking between Brisbane and cairns and the best time I had was doing bananas in innisfail,wouldn't recommend eggplant though lol, best of luck mate

macca86
13th December 2012, 11:24 PM
I'll be picking tomatoes on the family farm at stanthorpe after Christmas in the new year picking bannanas and using my trade for repairs around the farm in tully

wildgu6
14th December 2012, 06:00 AM
One of the best I've done is apricots at Monash in the riverland one xmas. Rocked up and the farmer showed us which block he wanted picked, big old trees with the fruit dropping off coz over ripe (mushy), we did it for an hour and said F u, were out of here. He knew us from previous picks and didn't want us to go so he said I have another block around back, we had a look. Young trees bountiful with fruit, no ladder required just stand there and pick. Man did we clean up that day. Merry Xmas

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

Airstrike
14th December 2012, 08:55 PM
Potatoes in childers.... had red dirt in all the wrong places.....

macca86
14th December 2012, 09:00 PM
Looking forward to it. We're that slow at work more thought is going into pranks tape ball cricket and talking than working

megatexture
14th December 2012, 10:46 PM
Love tully, grab a inflatable boat for the tully river awsome set of rapids there or if you have a kayak

macca86
14th December 2012, 10:59 PM
I've done white water rafting very fun. Done it in NZ on the kaituna river biggest comercial raftable fall of 8m was great fun. I might squeeze it in between pigging working and crabbing.

megatexture
14th December 2012, 11:15 PM
We would do it in 20$ kids inflatable boats down Tully and Barron river it was wicked fun back in the day