PDA

View Full Version : Secure your Accessories

AB
10th December 2012, 07:13 PM
I parked my GQ at the supermarket on the weekend. Was in there for no more than 10 minutes to find someone stole my D shackle off the bull bar...LMAO....Yes it was there when I left, didn't fall off...lol

Obviously you can't properly secure a shackle from thieves but got me thinking how easy it would be to steal other accessories off your Patrol.

Winches, lights, tyres, etc so give it some thought and get some kind of anti vandal bolts, careful where you leave it for long periods, etc...

Bloody D shackle....Really!!!!!:1087::1087:

MudRunnerTD
10th December 2012, 07:25 PM
Coulda pinched the flashy bag on the back there bloke! That woulda sucked

threedogs
10th December 2012, 07:30 PM
Melb 4x4 show about one of the last at Jeffs shed, Dean Mellor had all his camera equipment stolen the best was the 4x4 next door had the winch stolen.
A few 4x4 had the winches spooled out over the roof and hooked up to tow bar, shorted to start winch and slice 4by in 2. 2 x 4x4 were written off , bad place to visit at night
at the shed. For those who don't know Dean was Editor of 4x4 Australia Mag at the time.

wildgu6
10th December 2012, 08:13 PM
Yep there's some low lifes out there.
Touch wood, never had anything stolen from the trol too date, lol there's nothing much to pinch... but a mate had his bloody spare wheel cover nicked...i meen come on $20 bucks from supercheap.
It is a concern though, you need everything locked and bolted these days and thats still not enough to deter the mongrals.

rkinsey
10th December 2012, 08:59 PM
For driving around town I remove all insecurable accessories. I take the Tow ball off, all D-Shackles. I also take out my tool box and recovery gear as well. I have two UHF arials. One is a small 6" long arial which I have connected but keep my larger arial with my recovery gear for when I go out and play. I have a large padlock which secures my spare wheel on the rear. I have to pickup some locknuts for my spotties though http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-10MM-LOCKNUTS-KEY-SUIT-GREAT-WHITES-LED-SPOT-LIGHTS-L-E-D-LIGHT-LOCK-NUTS-/321029728517?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abedce905

Cheers,

Rob

NissanGQ4.2
10th December 2012, 09:03 PM
For driving around town I remove all insecurable accessories. I take the Tow ball off, all D-Shackles. I also take out my tool box and recovery gear as well. I have two UHF arials. One is a small 6" long arial which I have connected but keep my larger arial with my recovery gear for when I go out and play. I have a large padlock which secures my spare wheel on the rear. I have to pickup some locknuts for my spotties though http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-10MM-LOCKNUTS-KEY-SUIT-GREAT-WHITES-LED-SPOT-LIGHTS-L-E-D-LIGHT-LOCK-NUTS-/321029728517?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abedce905

Cheers,

Rob

And when you drive past the Druitt you arm yourself with rocket launchers and a uzi *LMAO* Just kiddin

rkinsey
10th December 2012, 09:16 PM
And when you drive past the Druitt you arm yourself with rocket launchers and a uzi *LMAO* Just kiddin

Hahahahahaha.... Thats illegal Todd..!! but its another use for your bullbar!!

Bloodyaussie
10th December 2012, 09:16 PM
I shoot animals that have way more right to live than these f£@king low life scum bags........... grrh.

choppie
11th December 2012, 01:01 AM
I shoot animals that have way more right to live than these f£@king low life scum bags........... grrh.

warning shot between the eyes mate.

rkinsey
11th December 2012, 01:35 AM

Couldnt agree with you more BA. However, most thefts are theft of oportunity jobs. I did say most. There are those out there that pre concieve a job. Its how I lost my VK wagon. Im not trying to shift blame here, just to point out that if you reduce the risk or remove the oportunity altogether, then most likely the potential theives will pass you by if there isnt anything to lift quickly and easily.

Maxhead
11th December 2012, 04:20 AM
Couldnt agree with you more BA. However, most thefts are theft of oportunity jobs. I did say most. There are those out there that pre concieve a job. Its how I lost my VK wagon. Im not trying to shift blame here, just to point out that if you reduce the risk or remove the oportunity altogether, then most likely the potential theives will pass you by if there isnt anything to lift quickly and easily.

Yeah I totally agree, its a shame you got to take all bits and pieces off and lock everything down but is the way it is these days....too many scum around.

.........on the move

threedogs
11th December 2012, 05:59 AM
Agree and more so now with Xmas around the corner, if they can't see anything they'll hopefully move on.
They even use a torch at night to look for circle mark left on windshield from GPS. Best thing is keep everything out of sight.