PDA

View Full Version : To Good To Be True??

nissannewby
10th December 2012, 06:02 PM
I was speaking to a member on here today about wheels and tyres and he informed me that he can get brand new 33x12.5 maxxis tyres for around the $150 mark ea. Hopefully he will see this and be able to post some details about how we can get onto these (you know who you are). I dont need anymore tyres (have to many) but now that 33's are now legal up here this could be handy for anyone wanting to purchase new tyres.

Like I said hopefully this member sees this thread and comments if not send me a pm and I can point you in the right direction. Hopefully this is not a gimmick cos it would be grand if it were true.

Although I have seen on here a few times "if it seems to good to be true it probably is"

Cheers.

Bloodyaussie
10th December 2012, 06:06 PM
Thats brilliant mate.... I would be interested if I could get the buggers here for a good price!!!!

macca86
10th December 2012, 06:24 PM
Wow that's cheap they were around what my micky t atz were but if they are that cheap well worth buying

AB
10th December 2012, 06:35 PM
Spill the beans, where are you mysterious discount tyre guy...lol

threedogs
10th December 2012, 06:38 PM
Good for him if he can sell 7-8 sets of tyres, thats a good day by my thinking

nissannewby
10th December 2012, 06:40 PM
I'm a little skeptical as I called around and couldn't find a maxxis 33 under 300 ea new. That's why the title is a question. Has anybody else come across anything like this

Punderhead
10th December 2012, 06:54 PM
If It's genuine put me down for 4! I am well in need on new tyres!

Cheers!

macca86
10th December 2012, 06:59 PM
I was quoted 350 from 3 different places for 285/75/16 so that price would be a joke or buy of the year

nissannewby
10th December 2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah that sounds about right I'll pm old mate and see if he can put up the info. I'll be very annoyed if there is no fact behind these claims.

Maxhead
10th December 2012, 07:34 PM
Which Maxxis are we talking about here??? They might just be the Bravo series or are they buckies or bighorns?

BigRAWesty
10th December 2012, 08:32 PM
Re-treads...
If not ill take 5 for 15" rim...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

nissannewby
10th December 2012, 08:51 PM
Which Maxxis are we talking about here??? They might just be the Bravo series or are they buckies or bighorns?

One placed I called today quoted me $350 ea for 33x12.5xr15 in a 751 bravo.

ozzymalone
11th December 2012, 11:41 AM
Got 4x 285 75 16 for $310 fitted & balanced....and i was pretty happy with this

lorrieandjas
11th December 2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah that sounds about right I'll pm old mate and see if he can put up the info. I'll be very annoyed if there is no fact behind these claims.

Hi mate - how did you get on with this?

Jas

MEGOMONSTER
11th December 2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, what's the G.O

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

nissannewby
11th December 2012, 06:05 PM
Hi mate - how did you get on with this?

Jas

I have sent the member a pm and havent got a response yet. I put the link in the pm so he could jump staright to it. Im not in the market for new tyres but the way this person was going on about this it would be a good deal for people who are. I can pm you the member if you keen maybe if there is a few interested he will respond.

Ben-e-boy
11th December 2012, 06:11 PM
to get maxxis tyre at a good price you have to go to a maxxis dealer. anywhere around town the quote for my treps are about over $450. I went to aus tyre and wheel in southport and got the for $345. they are now $360

Punderhead
11th December 2012, 07:45 PM
I have found 33x12.5x15 bighorns in toowoomba for 275 a corner fitted, but don't have the cash yet. Cheapest i have seen them I a shop.

Cheers

ckh
13th December 2012, 09:03 AM

I was going buy prices a mate in Redcliffe was quoting me, he got a set of Maxis bighorns for 1K and him and a few other mates were giving me prices of 150ish mark not including fitting or balancing, that wold be an extra $25+ per tyre

ckh
13th December 2012, 09:10 AM
Picked up a set of 33's secondhand with about 80% tread for 450... off gumtree

nissannewby
13th December 2012, 09:56 AM
There you go guys ckh is the man with the details. He was the one I was speaking to. I had a look around for a while and the best I could find was a no brand name tyre through etyre group for about 250 fitted.

PMC
13th December 2012, 08:13 PM
I was speaking to a member on here today about wheels and tyres and he informed me that he can get brand new 33x12.5 maxxis tyres for around the $150 mark ea. Hopefully he will see this and be able to post some details about how we can get onto these (you know who you are). I dont need anymore tyres (have to many) but now that 33's are now legal up here this could be handy for anyone wanting to purchase new tyres.

Like I said hopefully this member sees this thread and comments if not send me a pm and I can point you in the right direction. Hopefully this is not a gimmick cos it would be grand if it were true.

Although I have seen on here a few times "if it seems to good to be true it probably is"

Cheers.

G'day mate!

No disrespect to you, i think this stroker is pulling your leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have rang around the various tyre places in Coffs Harbour and i cannot get 33 inch x 15 tyre new, for under $270.00. I can get good second tyres for around $100.00 to $150.00. They must be a Chinese clone copy! I now the lads at Coffs Harbour 4x4 club would jump at these prices if they were legit!!!!!!!!!

PS, That's just my farken opinion!

Kind regards,

RLI

PMC
13th December 2012, 08:22 PM
I was going buy prices a mate in Redcliffe was quoting me, he got a set of Maxis bighorns for 1K and him and a few other mates were giving me prices of 150ish mark not including fitting or balancing, that wold be an extra $25+ per tyre

G'evening ckh,

What is the name of the tyre place in Redcliffe mate?

I have a few guys here in Coffs Harbour that are definitely interested in Maxis 33 inch x 15 tyres at $150.00 per side.

Regards,

RLI

Airstrike
14th December 2012, 08:00 PM
Cheapest I have found is in Kallangur Brisbanen northside it was named after a bloke with gren building sorry cant remember name $240 each fitted.. This was in July 2012

Bigrig
15th December 2012, 06:56 AM
Cheapest I got was a while ago at JAX Quickfit at Capalaba (I think the guys name was Craig). $340 INCLUDING 15x8 King rim ... would have been over 12 months ago, and I've not seen them under $300 just for the tyre since ...

If its true, I'll take 5 straight of the bat ...

megatexture
16th December 2012, 02:20 PM
If the 33s are that cheep what's a 35 going for ill be keen also !

healy
18th December 2012, 09:24 PM
I know where you can get 35" maxxis bighorns fitted and balanced $360 a corner in Melbourne that's the best price I have found

PMC
19th December 2012, 11:58 AM

G'day ckh;

Can you please advise us of the name of the tyre retailer in Redcliffe for the Maxxis tyres?

PS, we have a lot of forum members who would love to buy a set for Christmas!

Regards,

RLI

benno77gu
19th December 2012, 04:26 PM
i would jump on these as well

AB
19th December 2012, 09:04 PM
If the 33s are that cheep what's a 35 going for ill be keen also !

I would be keen for this too!!!!!

macca86
19th December 2012, 09:09 PM
I'm calling b s on this

Bigrig
19th December 2012, 09:16 PM
I'm calling b s on this

I'm with you mate ...

nissannewby
19th December 2012, 10:19 PM
Yep me too. Old mate has been quiet around here since. He was adament he could get them and being a good deal I thought I would pass it on, sorry for any inconvenience guys. I was skeptical and should have just left it at that.

Bigrig
19th December 2012, 11:10 PM
Yep me too. Old mate has been quiet around here since. He was adament he could get them and being a good deal I thought I would pass it on, sorry for any inconvenience guys. I was skeptical and should have just left it at that.

No damage done champion - you heard it, thought it legit and let us know .. no skin off our noses ...

You coming Friday night??

nissannewby
19th December 2012, 11:55 PM
No damage done champion - you heard it, thought it legit and let us know .. no skin off our noses ...

Unfortunately I cant make yet another meet up due to work, I dont get back until the 30th. I start a new roster next year which gives me 2 weekends a month off so that should be good.

megatexture
19th December 2012, 11:56 PM

Speak for your self scotty I'm up for tyres very soon and I want a deal lmao

All good nissannewby some people just like to talk it up unfortunately

PMC
20th December 2012, 02:45 PM
Speak for your self scotty I'm up for tyres very soon and I want a deal lmao

All good nissannewby some people just like to talk it up unfortunately

G'day megatexture,

I think you are right on the money with your comments mate!

Unfortunately, you have people out-there with small d--ks and even smaller brains that just bull-shite to get attention!

PS, would not surprise me that when he was a young lad, that the only way they could get the family dog to play with him, was by attaching a bone around his neck. lol

Regards,

RLI