PDA

View Full Version : General Rant....

BigRAWesty
9th December 2012, 09:25 PM
I'm getting sick to death of the same questions coming up in the feed..
USE THE SEARCH FEATURE PEOPLE..
If no good, google.. if still no good, then post away..

Rant away fello trollers...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Clunk
9th December 2012, 09:52 PM
And I'm suck and tired of all the rant threads that are being posted up lately........ Rant over

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

BigRAWesty
9th December 2012, 09:54 PM
And I'm suck and tired of all the rant threads that are being posted up lately........ Rant over

Lol.. this is a general rant thread for everyone.. so hopefully I've fixed that issue...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

lorrieandjas
9th December 2012, 09:59 PM
OK - to add the rant - I am tired of seeing people who advocate safety in four-wheel driving being stupidly unsafe. Dunno if it's a rush of blood to the head, ego, or whatever, but I have seen a bunch of things (not talking about this forum per se) that make me cringe.

Jas

Clunk
9th December 2012, 10:00 PM
And that's exactly why a ranted here and not there ;)

wildgu6
9th December 2012, 11:42 PM
I'm getting sick to death of the same questions coming up in the feed..
USE THE SEARCH FEATURE PEOPLE..
If no good, google.. if still no good, then post away..

Rant away fello trollers...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Yes Kal it can be quite annoying indeed but the site changes so often, threads get moved, divided into sub sections and what not. Sometimes it can be difficult to find what your looking for even in search especially with tappacrap and then there is new members that dont understand the site fully and arent to sure how to navigate their way around, so it's much easier to just post the Q. IMO that is what the site is for, to find info and ask questions if your having issues or stuck with something. By all meens try the search feature peeps or as Kal said google. Sorry mate but IMO your rant is a tad harsh. X 2 with Adrian about the rant threads. Hopefully everyone can now keep their rants in Westys rant thread

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

BigRAWesty
10th December 2012, 12:31 AM
Yes Kal it can be quite annoying indeed but the site changes so often, threads get moved, divided into sub sections and what not. Sometimes it can be difficult to find what your looking for even in search especially with tappacrap and then there is new members that dont understand the site fully and arent to sure how to navigate their way around, so it's much easier to just post the Q. IMO that is what the site is for, to find info and ask questions if your having issues or stuck with something. By all meens try the search feature peeps or as Kal said google. Sorry mate but IMO your rant is a tad harsh. X 2 with Adrian about the rant threads. Hopefully everyone can now keep their rants in Westys rant thread

Your spot on. When I first started tappin in rc forums I asked instead of reading.. now I find more info reading than asking as people get sick of answering the same questions.
I think this site is being proactive in minimizing the double up by asking peeps introduce themself first.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

my third 256
10th December 2012, 02:29 AM
Your spot on. When I first started tappin in rc forums I asked instead of reading.. now I find more info reading than asking as people get sick of answering the same questions.
I think this site is being proactive in minimizing the double up by asking peeps introduce themself first.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
yes but lets hear what people are about and their rides as this is a friendly mob we like pictures of their rides also and what their interests are
have met many a great patroller on here and in the flesh ( growler ) eg so lets keep it happy and friendly
may be im missing your point but i like the intros to what people are doing

fracster
10th December 2012, 03:39 AM
I`d better be careful next time I ask a dumb newbie question..............:eek:

BigRAWesty
10th December 2012, 04:59 AM
yes but lets hear what people are about and their rides as this is a friendly mob we like pictures of their rides also and what their interests are
have met many a great patroller on here and in the flesh ( growler ) eg so lets keep it happy and friendly
may be im missing your point but i like the intros to what people are doing

Yea your missing it a little. The intros are a top idea. Gets people into it and sharing.
But for example there has been 3 " what's the best exhaust" threads in a week. A simple search turns up enough info for a solid weeks reading..
Yea sure if the threads pushing 5 years since last post throw up a new thread as technology changes everyday and the old thread probably won't be the best option.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MEGOMONSTER
10th December 2012, 05:03 AM
Always new brands people want to try and find out about but can't cos there's no info on that particular brand. It's a forum. This is my Facebook, interaction and participation is crucial to this forum being such a success.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

Maxhead
10th December 2012, 05:45 AM
I hate Mondays.......
That's my rant fix for the day.

....and did I hear some one say Growler was a great bloke?? You must have been drunk at the time....lol

.........on the move

Sir Roofy
10th December 2012, 05:55 AM
I hate Mondays.......
That's my rant fix for the day.

....and did I hear some one say Growler was a great bloke?? You must have been drunk at the time....lol

.........on the move

no that would be chilli struck mate ,growlers gave him a chilli roflmao

MEGOMONSTER
10th December 2012, 05:55 AM

.........on the move

Growler could have had a moment, for someone to mistakenly think he's a good bloke. Or that's how he sucks them in, then destroys them with his chilli. Lol

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

Winnie
10th December 2012, 05:56 AM
He seduces them by being a good bloke then offers them some of his "home made chutney"

DIAL-A-TAP

growler2058
10th December 2012, 06:00 AM
Rant rant rant away the chilli will catch up with you eventually.

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

MudRunnerTD
10th December 2012, 04:27 PM
Hmmmm interesting thread. Yeah Kallen I think repetitive threads are something we need to live with. We have a Massive membership. Massive. Many of those people would have under 50 posts and at least 50% would probably have 26 or less. These are not really Forum Savy people and found us by using Google to research an answer to the question they ultimately post in a new thread, often in some random part of the forum...

We are evolving at a rapid rate. We are kind to newbies and allow them a lack of knowledge. Sets us apart from other Patrol Forums where a new thread about "what is the best 2" Lift for my GU?" Would get the new member hammered by some Wanker who cant be bothered being nice and wrecks the experience of the new member for ever.

I can't imagine how many times I have answered the question about the best lift......???? But it's no big deal and we answer and make them happy, gain a few new members and strike again on Google. Love it.

Patience is a virtue and one of Our Strong Points. Well done Nissanpatrol.com.au

BigRAWesty
10th December 2012, 05:00 PM
Yea hopefully peeps don't start abusing new members for posting simple questions. It does show the great mentality of the members on this site.
Maybe it could be integrated in the sign up a quick brief run threw of simple forum rules like introduce yourself, use of the forum and search function. Not a tick and flick but a page which opens.
I read a newbies comment on FB how he introduced himself and got 50 odd replies, but when he asked a question it got none. A simple search and he would have had a answer, instead he got frustrated due to not getting a reply..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MudRunnerTD
10th December 2012, 05:10 PM
Is that on our Facebook page? I can't say I ever go there. Hmmm should have a look I suppose.

AB
10th December 2012, 06:46 PM
Well said MR!

I think we also take for granted that we know how to use a computer and how a general site/forum is laid out with the search function and what that actually does to help find answers.

You should see the questions I get on the contact page on my email...lol....Madness!!!

Lets just say I'm a very patient person...lol...I manually sign up approx 5 people a day to help them get on and when they are on here they barely know how to navigate let alone using/finding the search bar.

I always post the link on their post to the right spot to avoid double/triple/quad/etc of the same conversation but we're a supporting fun loving bunch of patrolians so enjoy the joys of a forum!

BigRAWesty
10th December 2012, 07:27 PM
Is it possible to reconfigure a newbies home page so its more beginner friendly. so a few of the more common categories are there, Explaining how to use the search function, and a bit of a speal about researching first before jumping in and posting away.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Sir Roofy
10th December 2012, 07:44 PM
The best part of this forum is trying to understand what they need to know how to help
and point them in the right direction,as been said not everyone can drive a computer
im one whos not real good at it,but i chose to stay and find my way round maybe they will too
does it realy matter how many times the same question pops up its numours ppl with the same question
they didnt know that its been asked countless times and as a forum we try to help

NissanGQ4.2
10th December 2012, 08:03 PM
I read a newbies comment on FB how he introduced himself and got 50 odd replies, but when he asked a question it got none. A simple search and he would have had a answer, instead he got frustrated due to not getting a reply..

Is that on our Facebook page? I can't say I ever go there. Hmmm should have a look I suppose.

Kallen,

x2 with Darren, was that on our FB page? I don't recall seeing it if it was.

Kallen, someone could post up and intro and get a heap of replies, then they could post up a Q that gets 0 replies and this could be for many reasons

1) Threads can get missed, I believe I miss a lot of new thread when someone sits in the intro section and welcomes in new members all in a space of 20 mins. I have been slack in welcoming in new members as I have been busy in the background doing other things when I am on here and I love knowing that new members are being welcomed into our family, but there are days I wish Andy would block all intro posts form being displayed when you click on "whats new". I have spoke to Andy previously about this as one night I think about 3 pages of whats new was intro's!

2) Wrong Title for thread: The amount of times I have seen a thread title named wrong....for example, do u remember one you done "I'm Employing" most people not looking for work would not of looked at this thread but in your thread you were actually looking for Product Testers. You might of got more hits at first if it was titled correctly..........and no I'm not having a shot at you......

Searching on this forum is a bit of hit and miss, I think this is because most people do not Tag there threads, I find threads that are tagged with keywords are more easier found by the search/

I know it can be annoying at times when a thread asking the same question is asked on more than one occasion, but I would take a guess that at least 65-70% of members on here asking the same questions are of the older generation and not computer literate, hence why I don't mind re posting something I have said or pointing them in the right direction..............yes there will always be that small percentage that are to lazy to search, but hey you get that on the big jobs

BigRAWesty
10th December 2012, 08:07 PM
Sorry it wasn't in the forums fb page, but a members.
And good point about the headings, it does make a difference.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

fracster
10th December 2012, 08:38 PM
One thing we did on a photography forum I use was to put a couple of stickies in the introduction section, one of them was a thread explaining how to use the search function, just a thought guys.

NissanGQ4.2
10th December 2012, 08:42 PM
One thing we did on a photography forum I use was to put a couple of stickies in the introduction section, one of them was a thread explaining how to use the search function, just a thought guys.

Good point, I didn't even realise there wasn't one there, will have to do that......added to the list :)

threedogs
11th December 2012, 12:57 PM
Mine is a small vent rather than a rant,listen carefully I'm only typing this once.
Why the hell do people hook out to the right just before they turn left PPPPPs me off big time
Thats it all good again

my third 256
11th December 2012, 01:07 PM
Mine is a small vent rather than a rant,listen carefully I'm only typing this once.
Why the hell do people hook out to the right just before they turn left PPPPPs me off big time
Thats it all good again
so what are you realy saying threedogs

Bob
11th December 2012, 01:07 PM
Thats it all good again

With you on that one TD

wildgu6
11th December 2012, 01:11 PM
Thats it all good again

X2 TD, maybe they think they're rally drivers

threedogs
11th December 2012, 01:20 PM
Every day some clown will do it, I like the rally reference I'll check if they have thumb on the hand brake.
Do you get taught that to get a licence or just a stupid bad habit, AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHh
breathe slowly, alls cool now just had a moment phew

Alitis007
11th December 2012, 03:15 PM
Thats it all good again

Thats easy mate, they're towing their imaginary trailer in their imaginary B double which is probably echo or smart sardine can on wheels!!

Sir Roofy
11th December 2012, 03:19 PM
Thats easy mate, they're towing their imaginary trailer in their imaginary B double which is probably echo or smart sardine can on wheels!!

here i was thinking that i was the only one thinking
that they where playing truckdriver or they have very poor judgement
on distance between the car and curb

threedogs
11th December 2012, 03:37 PM
A piece of string to pull moooo moooooo I hear ya Roofy 10 niner come back good buddy got my ears on

Sir Roofy
11th December 2012, 04:06 PM
A piece of string to pull moooo moooooo I hear ya Roofy 10 niner come back good buddy got my ears on

only thing is you have to be carefull ,if they swing left are they going to swing back right and cut you off makes you wonder sometimes
AND WHY DONT THEY TEACH THEM TO USE THERE MIRRORS ,THIS LOOKING OVER THE LEFT SHOULDER SHOULD BE BANNED

threedogs
11th December 2012, 04:09 PM
Yet still legal to use UHF, go figure, OMG

Sir Roofy
11th December 2012, 04:20 PM
yet still legal to use uhf, go figure, omg

and the crap they go on with overthe w/ends is over welming
and thats in the city and button pushers ,songs and some guy calling him self
bush pig in the suburbs all good for a laugh but a pain at the same time

BigRAWesty
11th December 2012, 08:27 PM

Spot on.. heaps of semi drivers here...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Woof
12th December 2012, 01:29 AM
Hmmmm interesting thread. Yeah Kallen I think repetitive threads are something we need to live with. We have a Massive membership. Massive. Many of those people would have under 50 posts and at least 50% would probably have 26 or less. These are not really Forum Savy people and found us by using Google to research an answer to the question they ultimately post in a new thread, often in some random part of the forum...

We are evolving at a rapid rate. We are kind to newbies and allow them a lack of knowledge. Sets us apart from other Patrol Forums where a new thread about "what is the best 2" Lift for my GU?" Would get the new member hammered by some Wanker who cant be bothered being nice and wrecks the experience of the new member for ever.

I can't imagine how many times I have answered the question about the best lift......???? But it's no big deal and we answer and make them happy, gain a few new members and strike again on Google. Love it.

Patience is a virtue and one of Our Strong Points. Well done Nissanpatrol.com.au

Well said mate, this forum was and still is built on helping all Patrol/Maverick & Safari owners, so there are double up threads asking the same question, we encourage all members to ask questions and they will never be told that their question is dumb, silly, stupid or repeated.
We promote questions and do not care if it has been asked before.............so please everyone feel free to ask away.

Clunk
12th December 2012, 05:16 AM
Thats it all good again

Sounds like an unsuccessful attempt at a Scandinavian flick.......

growler2058
12th December 2012, 05:24 AM
The pommy thread ;)

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

my third 256
12th December 2012, 06:23 AM
Yet still legal to use UHF, go figure, OMG
exhaust breaks through towns and cities real anoying late at night and early mornings

PMC
12th December 2012, 05:19 PM

Well stated MD!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
12th December 2012, 05:22 PM
LIFE IS LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT! IT IS GREAT UNTIL YOU STEP IN IT

Regards,

RLI

PMC
12th December 2012, 05:24 PM
While i am here on 399 posts,

Why not achieve 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

RLI

wildgu6
12th December 2012, 05:27 PM
While i am here on 399 posts,

Why not achieve 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

RLI

Nice work Paul, conrgrat's mate, 400 of the best.

DX grunt
12th December 2012, 05:32 PM
I won't be asking the question about which tyres are best for my truck.

I'll tell you myself......NOT tyres held together with SPLIT RIMS. I pinched a tube (not stole it!), and it cost me $58 to have it changed.

MQ MAD
12th December 2012, 08:31 PM
Well said mate, this forum was and still is built on helping all Patrol/Maverick & Safari owners, so there are double up threads asking the same question, we encourage all members to ask questions and they will never be told that their question is dumb, silly, stupid or repeated.
We promote questions and do not care if it has been asked before.............so please everyone feel free to ask away.

Whinging or complaining about repeat questions is common on every darn forum
Well maybe IF we are all over educated mechanics and no that every part has a technical name not a "Whatchamacalit" goin in a "Thingamebob",lt would eliminate such questions, but until we are all experts in everything itll never happen
I never mind answering a reworded question,does it really hurt ???
Takes just as long to type "Use the search function" as it does to answer the Q
Or maybe,the reply poster doesnt know any better ,perhaps no reply is better
Better to shut ya mouth and let people think your an idiot ,than open it and prove them correct ........

Clunk
13th December 2012, 12:25 AM
perhaps no reply is better
Better to shut ya mouth and let people think your an idiot ,than open it and prove them correct ........

My sentiments exactly.............

Clunk
13th December 2012, 12:35 AM
I'm guessing its OK for yourpartner to go out on a Saturday night on a works do, get completely blind drunk, don't get home until 4am, doesn't call to let you know they're OK, throws up then is totally out of it the following day.............. but its not OK to go out for a business lunchwith your bosses which in turn will improve your chances in advancement, call your partner to let them know you'll be home by 9pm???????????? What's the go with that hey!!!!!!!??????

Bigrig
13th December 2012, 06:23 AM

Here here MR!!! Nuff said ...

nissannewby
13th December 2012, 07:00 AM
X2 with above. They are simple enough questions to answer and a lot of people here have good answers for them from experience, I would say it would be easier to just not look at the thread if it annoys you and carry on your day. There are far more important things to worry about and if repetitive threads on a internet forum are one of your worries in life then my friend you have a bloody good one.

PMC
13th December 2012, 08:58 AM
X2 with above. They are simple enough questions to answer and a lot of people here have good answers for them from experience, I would say it would be easier to just not look at the thread if it annoys you and carry on your day. There are far more important things to worry about and if repetitive threads on a internet forum are one of your worries in life then my friend you have a bloody good one.

Well said newby!

Regards,

RLI

taslucas
13th December 2012, 10:01 AM
Well said newby!

Regards,

RLI

Yep x10

Tap, crackle, pop

Alitis007
23rd December 2012, 12:12 PM
What the fudge is wrong with Repco?? I make a phone call book out some fanbelts for my rig at the thommo store, they call me back a min later and tell me i have to go to epping and they say they are organized and waiting and just speak to some muppet. I get there and all those peanuts look at each other dumb founded put me thru the ringer for half an hour coz they cant find my account and are smart arses to boot!!

Thats why i use Bursons!! They arnt much better but atleast they dont give you attitude.

DX grunt
24th December 2012, 09:19 AM
your
versus
you're (you are).

Minor technicality, but a rant. lol.

Clunk
24th December 2012, 09:39 AM
your
versus
you're (you are).

Minor technicality, but a rant. lol.

Well if you're going to be like that, how about.........
There
Their
and They're

Hahahaha

Lonicus
24th December 2012, 09:40 AM
there, they're, their Grunt :)

Bugga, Clunk beat me to it!

Clunk
24th December 2012, 09:48 AM
there, they're, their Grunt :)

Bugga, Clunk beat me to it!

Gotta be quick, quicker & quickest to beat old clunky boy lol

taslucas
24th December 2012, 10:34 AM
Gotta be quick, quicker & quickest to beat old clunky boy lol

Depends weather ewve got something good to say

Tap, crackle, pop

Clunk
24th December 2012, 11:04 AM
Depends weather ewve got something good to say

Tap, crackle, pop

The gud stuf tayks ages two cum owt.... The dribble is just instantaneous

taslucas
24th December 2012, 11:18 AM
The gud stuf tayks ages two cum owt.... The dribble is just instantaneous

Eye no wot yar meen

Tap, crackle, pop

BigRAWesty
1st March 2013, 09:46 AM
Might aswell use my thread...

Geeze I hate living in a small town...
All I want is some nice embroider sleeves for what a future product... Been 5 weeks now.. first week was to do up some samples.. took them an hour to do..
Got there, yep, sweet as. Do 20 of..
3rd week. They must be done, call them.
There waiting for approval.. WTF.. gave that after fitting.. owell, yep ill grab 20 of. Again...
Rang yesterday, week 5. Still completing them... Wtf.. took 1hr to do 2.. so should be knocked over in 10..
2 weeks and there still not finished...

I did get 2 quotes.. well sorta.. the 2nd company didn't bother quoting it after 3 phone calls...

Tell you what, these idiots wouldn't be in business if this was a proper city...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

taslucas
1st March 2013, 09:49 AM
Small towns are by far better than cities!
If that's the worst if it then ya got it good.
I could never live in a city.

FanTapstic!

BigRAWesty
1st March 2013, 09:51 AM
Small towns are by far better than cities!
If that's the worst if it then ya got it good.
I could never live in a city.

FanTapstic!

Its very frustrating as I need these done for the next step... 5 weeks of waiting, and customers are waiting to... Making me look like a Dick...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MQ MAD
2nd March 2013, 07:44 PM
Might aswell use my thread...

Geeze I hate living in a small town...
All I want is some nice embroider sleeves for what a future product... Been 5 weeks now.. first week was to do up some samples.. took them an hour to do..
Got there, yep, sweet as. Do 20 of..
3rd week. They must be done, call them.
There waiting for approval.. WTF.. gave that after fitting.. owell, yep ill grab 20 of. Again...
Rang yesterday, week 5. Still completing them... Wtf.. took 1hr to do 2.. so should be knocked over in 10..
2 weeks and there still not finished...

I did get 2 quotes.. well sorta.. the 2nd company didn't bother quoting it after 3 phone calls...

Tell you what, these idiots wouldn't be in business if this was a proper city...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Ah the small town attitude of thinking they have market dominance ......
Where i live nothin of size shop wise isnt for 45 mins to an hour away
I needed some electrical work done
I rang 12 local sparkies,they all said they would ring back
Week later rang again,yeah yeah we will ring back
Then again a week later, yep 12 sparkies within an hours drive
I got 1 quote,after weeks and weeks of chasin them from 12 people ....
I rang 1 sparky the closest major town,rang back within an hour had a itemised email within 24 hours
He got the job , didnt charge travel,and will be getting the whole wire job thats around 20 grands worth
Im so over attitudes of small town businesses
Most arent up to date with the real world
Theres mail service,on line stores,traders,many need to step up a bit,not just some small towns,but retailers with attitude problems in general