PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first 4WD today - GU Patrol

ShaunM
8th December 2012, 11:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I bought my first 4WD today, a GU Patrol. Don't get to pick it up until the middle of next week but I'm very excited and jumped online to find out some info on what I want to do to it.

I live in Hastings, VIC and will want to go out and learn some 4WD skills soon. Can anyone recommend a course or club in the area?

Thanks in advance for the info I'll be getting off this forum.

Cheers,
Shaun
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/kd3vc8lxsbb75j9/128926798_1.jpg?dl=1

wildgu6
8th December 2012, 11:48 PM
G'day Shaun, Welcome aboard mate,
And Congrats on the purchase, you will be addicted to 4 wheelin after your first outing,
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people,
Sure a few of the Vic fellas will point you in the right direction for clubs mate.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

growler2058
9th December 2012, 12:09 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

lorrieandjas
9th December 2012, 12:16 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Heaps of friendly people and advice on here. You're going to love the new ride.

Jas

MEGOMONSTER
9th December 2012, 01:36 AM
She's a beauty.
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

Rip'n'Shred
9th December 2012, 02:05 AM
Welcome mate and congrats on the new rig. She looks great. You'll have a lot of fun, just remember to ease into it and take it steady to begin with.

my third 256
9th December 2012, 02:20 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

AB
9th December 2012, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
9th December 2012, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
9th December 2012, 10:30 AM
This might help you Shaun ???? Local training centres ie: forklift, crane, white card etc usually do 4x4 training as well.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?182-4WD-Clubs-in-Victoria

threedogs
9th December 2012, 11:09 AM
Hello and welcome I like the fact that you asked the most important question first, ring 4WD Vic they'll have a list of all clubs in your area
for you to join and learn Safely, enjoy,

Maxhead
9th December 2012, 05:04 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

healy
10th December 2012, 09:19 PM
welcome to the forum mate nice looking rig there 4wdtrackers are in dandy belzi is apart of the club i ran into them on sunday and seem like a nice crew to do some tracks with or you can join club HEALY lol

ShaunM
11th December 2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for all the welcome messages everyone. I've hit the 4WD Vic website and found a couple of clubs both which run training courses. Now I just need the Patrol - the wait is killing me. I should get to pick it up in the next couple of days.

Conradk
12th December 2012, 08:58 PM
Hey Shaun. Its the most fun you'll ever have with your clothes on! The is also plenty of priceless experience and advice to be had in this forum in the various threads. Use the search tool to find these treasures.

The Viking
13th December 2012, 12:06 AM
Well what can I say, welcome and hopefully lot's of clever words come your way. I am getting better and slowly consider my self as a Patrol mechanic :) Like your rims are you interested in selling as I am only good for 3 1/2 rims with some terribly terra tracs on them. Just kidding perhaps I should make a post on rims and tires. Anyone like terra trac from hercules?

/Erik

Forest1970
17th December 2012, 11:21 PM
Welcome mate great forum, you'll love it

cruizerbitz
17th December 2012, 11:43 PM
Welcome mate, She sure has a Purdy color, Enjoy the ride.