PDA

View Full Version : my 2.8t GQ pics

dahero
7th December 2012, 07:41 PM
Hi all,

thought i might ad some pic of my GQ. havent done a great deal to it yet.

will start building a few things after christmas for it! the plan is to start with a over head console and there after a winch bar with side rails. ill keep adding photos as i go along in time.

btw havent got any flex pics yet :p

MudMac
7th December 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi mate.
Nice looking car you have over there. I like white cars ... it's hard to keep the paint in good condition but looks awesome.
Are you satisfied with baby engine? :D

dahero
7th December 2012, 07:55 PM
hahah yeah as you can see i washed it earlier today and noticed it needs a good waxing all over.. there goes my xmas holidays lol
yeah for a 2.8 turbo its not bad lol wanna do some upgrading on the engine though.. or hmmmm i somehow tell the missus that if you ad 2 more cylinders is runs cheaper.. lol

growler2058
7th December 2012, 07:58 PM
Mighty fine lookin whitey ya got there mate

dahero
7th December 2012, 08:01 PM
thanks mate.. once i fit muddies and 2 inch lift i wanna get it real brown one day lol

MudMac
7th December 2012, 08:10 PM
Tell a girl that they are smaller :D
As for an engine ..... increase a boost to 1.2 BAR using MBC, add some more fuel on a pomp and rotate a boost pin. You will find it as completely new engine. But use a boost gauge and do not overdo the fuel dose beacuse if you have more fuel than air in diesel it couses higher EGT which is a stright way to blow up a head.
I'm running on 1,4 boost and no black smoke practically ..... but I'm tired of this engine and going to swap it for RB25DET NEO.
RD28T isn't bad engine ... it's just way to expensive.

dahero
7th December 2012, 08:16 PM
Tell a girl that they are smaller :D
As for an engine ..... increase a boost to 1.2 BAR using MBC, add some more fuel on a pomp and rotate a boost pin. You will find it as completely new engine. But use a boost gauge and do not overdo the fuel dose beacuse if you have more fuel than air in diesel it couses higher EGT which is a stright way to blow up a head.
I'm running on 1,4 boost and no black smoke practically ..... but I'm tired of this engine and going to swap it for RB25DET NEO.
RD28T isn't bad engine ... it's just way to expensive.

hahah yeah true ill do that!
yeah i was thinking of adding the boost gauge anyway, but thanks mate that some handy tips there. i was thinking to do small modifications for a few year and when i can scrap the money together (and courage) to buy a LS2 and swap it myself :D

threedogs
7th December 2012, 08:57 PM
It's in very good condition a 2" lift some 33"s and a pair of Prolockers and you'll be unstoppable.
Think your mods through carefully. Do coils last IMO

dahero
7th December 2012, 09:14 PM
yeah defiantly doing the coils last, get a better indication to what weight etc it is. the lockers on the front would they be a pretty straight forward job of changing?

MudMac
7th December 2012, 09:15 PM
LS i great .... but I want to keep it as factory spec as possible. Check out my RD riding around the track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3lF8LRa8Kw

dahero
7th December 2012, 10:35 PM
thats nice man, got some good speed there.. be a great track to when its wet! i havent really taking mine tru rough tracks yet. only been driving in the bush tracks. hoping to do some proper offroading soon aye! im itchen for it!!

MudMac
14th December 2012, 09:40 AM
Yep ...
... another vid .. onboard this time ;) ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aUEsl2QRso

mzed
8th January 2013, 07:48 PM
Nice alpine look

MudMac
9th January 2013, 10:00 PM
Sorry for my silly question mate ... but what does it mean alpine look? It refers to a white colour of Dahero's truck ?
My english isn't perfect .... so don't blame me :1087: