PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Time Safety

Woof
7th December 2012, 06:07 PM
Hi All, with a lot of us going on holidays over the Xmas break I thought that it was a good time to BUMP our 4X4 Safety Thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?57-4x4-Safety
We want all members and their familys to have safe and enjoyable holiday, so please take time to read the current threads and feel free to add any of your tips as well.

MEGOMONSTER
7th December 2012, 06:41 PM
Our aim as a forum is zero fatalities over the Xmas holiday, be safe and be weary of fools on the road.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

wildgu6
7th December 2012, 07:15 PM
Yes well said guys.
There are so many idiots out there, stay alert and be aware, It doesnt have to be your fault.

Posted this clip back in 2010 and thought it might be time to dig it up and bring us all back to reality.
Well worth a view, but i WARN you some scenes are disturbing. Gave me goose bumps watching it again, it really hits home just how complacent we can get out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

Stay safe everybody over the festive season and Enjoy. Yes it is the season to be jolly, but if you get jolly get a cab.

threedogs
7th December 2012, 07:19 PM
I tend to avoid going away on the major breaks as this is the time people who don't normally drive do.
I'll go weekend before or after a long weekend and usually have the place to myself. Bring home as
many as you take its a great feeling. Stay safe It's not hard

Lonicus
7th December 2012, 07:30 PM
Stay safe guys & have a great Christmas!

Best piece of driving advice I ever received was to treat everyone else on the road as an idiot and expect them to act accordingly.

pearcey
7th December 2012, 08:29 PM
Just returned from a quick round trip to Bendigo and in 1500 K`s only saw 2 idiots just hope it stays that way.
Was breatho`ed in Bendigo by two very polite cops which was a pleasant surprise as only the week before was breahto`ed, drug tested, licence and rego checked at 10 o`clock in the morning by a very impolite and officious little Sargent who was looking for an argument, GOD dosen`t he know retirees cant afford a drink before 11 o`clock.After that little rant PLEASE keep the speed down and don't drink and drive and most of all don't let a mate drink and drive

Bigrig
7th December 2012, 09:07 PM
X10000 ... be safe, allow for others not adopting the same principle, and remember its far better to be late and in one piece then the alternative!

lorrieandjas
8th December 2012, 01:37 AM
It's all been said above. Stay safe all. Remember - if you have to think whether to drive or not you already know the answer.

Jas

MEGOMONSTER
8th December 2012, 06:43 AM
Remember - if you have to think whether to drive or not, you already know the answer.

Jas

Well said Jas.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

macca86
8th December 2012, 07:29 AM
I'll have to be extra safe and aware this Christmas break. Our travel plans are brisbane to stanthorpe for a week (3 hrs) then stanthorpe to tully via roma, emerald, townsville (18 hrs will split into 2 days of driving between me and the wife.) Then tully back to brisbane along the bruce highway over 2 days (17 hrs) It's a lot of driving I trust my wife and I as we travel long trips regularly it's the other people I don't trust especially those that travel bush roads at dawn and dusk are bloody fools.

MEGOMONSTER
9th December 2012, 12:24 AM
This is exactly what I was talking about to be extra careful other idiots in the road. Extremely sad for all the families concern. PLEASE READ THE STORY. http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/wrong-way-leads-to-sudden-tragedy-20121208-2b1u7.html

Pog mo th'oin.

lorrieandjas
9th December 2012, 01:58 AM
That's what scares the bejesus out of me. I know I, and most of us can drive safely, but an idiot on the road - no wonder we all prefer to drive off-road! Sad story - but swerving for 30kms takes the cake in that story. Said it before in this thread - stay safe all and watch out for yourselves and your families. Scary stuff.

Jas