PDA

View Full Version : My First Patrol

James_R
7th December 2012, 10:21 AM
G'day boys and girls,

This is my first Patrol. She's a 2003 GUIII ST 4.8l Wagon.

It came with a factory snorkel, front bar and roof racks, 2" lift RAW shockies and King Springs. I've since added an ARB 2.5m awning passengers side.

Plans for it are some new springs and shocks (old shockies and springs have just about had it) Rust Proofing, Engel 40L, drawer system for the rear, a roof basket, a dual battery system and a UHF. Might consider a more robust winch bar depending on finances in the next 12-18 months.

I'm pretty lucky in the sense that at the moment I'm able to afford the juce for it at the moment, but I'm going to try and get accessories that I'm able to bolt straight onto a 2012 GU in 5 years time, as being a bit realistic about things once we have kids It's going to be hard to keep the old gas guzzler in the family.

lorrieandjas
7th December 2012, 10:30 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Nice ride! Enjoy the forum as there a lot of great people on here with heaps of tips and advice.

Jas

James_R
7th December 2012, 11:08 AM
G'Day Jas,

Mate I did an intro thread that's probably been buried deep in the depths on the introduction section by now I'd say.

lorrieandjas
7th December 2012, 11:26 AM
Hey mate - sorry - apologies! I misread your number of posts and saw 1 not 16. Getting dyslexic in my old age! Anyways - welcome aboard!