PDA

View Full Version : Diesel shortage Melbourne - Fill your car up

AB
7th December 2012, 09:18 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-06/diesel-shortage-fears-aired/4412644

Not really sure "exactly" whats going on but apparently the two local servo's in my area have ran out of diesel and all the talk back radios are getting phoners saying similar things around Melbourne.

Might want to fill your beast up today before the weekend, just in case...

MudRunnerTD
7th December 2012, 09:22 AM
Just got a call from a mate. we have a big weekend planned. He just drove around 5 servos in Geelong looking for Diesel. ALL SOLD OUT!!! He got in a queue of 20 Trucks and cars with Tank Trailers all buying up from a Truck stop in Batesford to get fuel in Geelong!!!

AB
7th December 2012, 01:06 PM
Just went for a drive around Bayswater and all the servos were out of Diesel.

Except one 7/11 store...

Bob
7th December 2012, 01:09 PM
Just Noticed a Service Station in Bendigo with no Diesel
One of the rare occasions that it is better to have Petrol LOL

markp90
7th December 2012, 01:30 PM
Just went for a drive around Bayswater and all the servos were out of Diesel.

Except one 7/11 store...

i got diesel from bp last night in fg no probs..

jack
7th December 2012, 01:58 PM
Two servos in Ballarat were out yesterday, struck it lucky at the third.

healy
7th December 2012, 02:05 PM
Plenty of petrol around lol

threedogs
7th December 2012, 02:24 PM
No need as have larger 75 lt aux tank full and Half full main, was gunna 4x4 with BA ,but we'll see how this "shortage" pans out

Sir Roofy
7th December 2012, 03:05 PM
Mmmmm shell in trafalgar have no diesel,never seen united so busy

BearGUST
7th December 2012, 03:16 PM
I haven't driven the Pootrol since cup week, dunno how much she's got in her. I just filled a work car at the Todd Rd servo at the bottom of the westgate, no drama's there... so far... If they run out there it'll be a worry, massive amounts of trucks fill up there!!!

threedogs
7th December 2012, 04:10 PM
No shortage Deerpark way, ticked off as my coupon gave me 15 cents off a litre, only topped up main couldn't been last weekend Say la vive

Maxhead
7th December 2012, 04:18 PM
I wonder whats the go with diesel down in Mehico

taslucas
7th December 2012, 04:28 PM
Plenty of (overpriced) diesel here.

Maybe it's the start of the apocalypse...?

Tap, crackle, pop

MEGOMONSTER
7th December 2012, 04:35 PM
Just filled up diesel at Shell Princess Fwy Point cook

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

nissannewby
7th December 2012, 04:35 PM
Plenty of (overpriced) diesel here.

Tap, crackle, pop

For Melbournians anyway still plenty of diesel up here too :p

Maxhead
7th December 2012, 04:36 PM

and diesel zombies are stealing the fuel

threedogs
7th December 2012, 04:42 PM
Reckon AB has shares in diesel somewhere?? Just putting it out there.IMO

big_fletch
7th December 2012, 05:54 PM
As of an hour ago, Shepparton has only 2 servo's left with diesel and all surounding towns in our area are out. Benella, nagambie, numurkah, tatura, euroa ect are all dry apparently. I have also just heard that aparently Bendigo has none left either.. Was talking to a Caltex depot owner that it could be up to 2 weeks before our area see's diesel again so myself and Tur7le have both just filled out patrols up. Hopefully we get some fuel soon as was an absolute mad house at the servo's here. 15-20 trucks queued up out of the servo and down the road as well as cars and people with big tanks on trailers.. Should be an interesting week around my area lol

Tur7le (works at local council) has also just informed me that the council offices huge diesel tank has now been dedicated to emergency vehicles only, and the council can no longer fill machinery or trucks till there is diesel in our area again.. Looks like us in the country area wont be expecting and diesel for a while by the sounds of it

threedogs
7th December 2012, 06:41 PM
I missed the news ,was there any mention of it on the idiot box ?????

Drew
7th December 2012, 06:47 PM
Paddy and jerry are full as a goog. At least half of the servos I've seen today had none.

Winnie
7th December 2012, 06:49 PM
Looks like you all might have to come for a drive to the valley because they've all got it down here

DIAL-A-TAP

Agronaught
7th December 2012, 07:08 PM
Question from a welchy... Why the shortage?

taslucas
7th December 2012, 07:38 PM
Shell refinery in Geelong had a diesel production spill at 2am Thursday morning. maybe they haven't got production going again? I heard Mobil was buying diesel from Shell also so that could be why everyone is short. Maybe they all buy diesel from shell?

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2012/12/06/356143_news.html

Question from a welchy... Why the shortage?

Tap, crackle, pop

mudski
7th December 2012, 10:38 PM
7 Eleven South Morang has not much left in their tanks. No servos in the Mill Park area had any at all. I just put 130ltrs in. Don't think I'll be playing in the mud this weekend. :( I was looking forward to it too. And i'll be carrying a 20ltr jerry in the back too just in case I see a servo with some...

BigRAWesty
7th December 2012, 10:48 PM
Still good in south east sa...
They havent bumped the prices yet have they??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MC97GQ
7th December 2012, 10:50 PM
Buy up guys, and party hard this weekend and next, get all that wheelin' out of your system, because it could be the end of the world as we know it(TO QUOTE A GREAT SONG).

According to the Mayans the world is due to end in 14 days,

GO HARD OR GO HOME.

mudski
8th December 2012, 07:29 AM
Anyone know when this is going to end? I want to go play tomorrow but can't afford to burn fuel when I need it for work.

stevogq
8th December 2012, 07:59 AM
don't worry mudski just syphon your neighbours

threedogs
8th December 2012, 08:09 AM
Plenty my way still.

Very smart bunch those Mayans my bags are packed where do I stand in line????

growler2058
8th December 2012, 08:11 AM
Plenty my way still.

Very smart bunch those Mayans my bags are packed where do I stand in line????

At the back!! hahahahahahaha

threedogs
8th December 2012, 08:22 AM
Bwaaah You telling me I broke all my globes,,,,,, hang on all my globes are back, who's touching my globes ,, please would the person who touched my globes please step forward
and not Abu ben Boobi, alright you pack of globe touchers,,,,,,,,,,

Sir Roofy
8th December 2012, 09:00 AM
looks like you all might have to come for a drive to the valley because they've all got it down here

dial-a-tap

on the radio this morn ,shortage of diesel in the latrobe valley

Winnie
8th December 2012, 09:01 AM
Glad to not have a diesel at the moment lol.

DIAL-A-TAP

mudski
8th December 2012, 10:36 AM
Did a job in Richmond this morning. Most servos heading in from Mill Park had diesel. So I filled two jerry cans just in case. Looks like I'm in for tomorrow.

threedogs
8th December 2012, 11:53 AM
I think everyone just panicked, plenty locally

AB
8th December 2012, 12:04 PM
Plenty in Yarra glen research and eltham too.

mudski
8th December 2012, 12:46 PM
No servo's in my area at all have any. I wouldn't call it plenty.

threedogs
8th December 2012, 02:07 PM
Did the world end, ????? Just a panic attack nothing on the news, way to hot and dusty to go anywhere, then when you stop, 3 second rule and get out
the flies eat you on the spot

Clunk
8th December 2012, 03:45 PM
it's all a conspiracy in order to get people to panic buy and buy up all the old stocks of diesel.................. the the price hike will come!!!!!!

oh and the Mayans got their dates wrong, they never took into account the leap years, so the end of the world was yesterday, so now it doesn't matter about having no diesel coz there's no where to go and no one to go with!!!!!! hahahaha

janderson
8th December 2012, 05:12 PM
As of an hour ago, Shepparton has only 2 servo's left with diesel and all surounding towns in our area are out. Benella, nagambie, numurkah, tatura, euroa ect are all dry apparently. I have also just heard that aparently Bendigo has none left either.. Was talking to a Caltex depot owner that it could be up to 2 weeks before our area see's diesel again so myself and Tur7le have both just filled out patrols up. Hopefully we get some fuel soon as was an absolute mad house at the servo's here. 15-20 trucks queued up out of the servo and down the road as well as cars and people with big tanks on trailers.. Should be an interesting week around my area lol

Tur7le (works at local council) has also just informed me that the council offices huge diesel tank has now been dedicated to emergency vehicles only, and the council can no longer fill machinery or trucks till there is diesel in our area again.. Looks like us in the country area wont be expecting and diesel for a while by the sounds of it

Safeway in Cobram got a delivery this morning. Was also told Strathmerton also has diesel.

stevogq
8th December 2012, 05:34 PM
in cragieburn shell has no diesel bps has and roxy has none also Caltex Thomastown will not be running out according to the operator

AB
9th December 2012, 08:42 AM
So what's the go AB? You just stirring up the hornets nest?? Lol

Healesville ran out and Yarra Glen ran out on Friday but YG got 15,000 litres bought in on Saturday.

Went to Eltham yesterday and they all had some...

Or I could of just said they are all out so I can keep it to myself...LMAO

MEGOMONSTER
10th December 2012, 07:33 PM
My mate in Geelong says he still can't find diesel out there.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

mudski
10th December 2012, 07:36 PM
Great timing for me to blow my clutch hey? Filled up on Saturday, plus two jerry's and now its sitting in my garage...

Winnie
10th December 2012, 07:37 PM
Haha you won't need diesel for a while hey

DIAL-A-TAP

Sir Roofy
10th December 2012, 07:47 PM
healesville ran out and yarra glen ran out on friday but yg got 15,000 litres bought in on saturday.

Went to eltham yesterday and they all had some...

Or i could of just said they are all out so i can keep it to myself...lmao

sorry andy but thats not in your nataur your to genorus my friend

MEGOMONSTER
10th December 2012, 09:24 PM
Lily dale area is short on diesel as well

Pog mo th'oin.

stevogq
10th December 2012, 09:26 PM
Only place I found diesel was bp cooper st Epping

krbrooking
10th December 2012, 09:42 PM
Great timing for me to blow my clutch hey? Filled up on Saturday, plus two jerry's and now its sitting in my garage...

Well seeing as there is such a shortage mark I can take all that diesel off your hands if you are so eager to get rid of it. Lol.

Winnie
11th December 2012, 05:24 AM
Heard a woman on the radio saying that they should take all the 4WDs off the road and leave the diesel for the farmers. Uhh, what do you think 97% of farmers are driving?

DIAL-A-TAP

MEGOMONSTER
11th December 2012, 04:03 PM
Heard a woman on the radio saying that they should take all the 4WDs off the road and leave the diesel for the farmers. Uhh, what do you think 97% of farmers are driving?

DIAL-A-TAP

And we do take our rigs off road

Pog mo th'oin.

lorrieandjas
11th December 2012, 05:06 PM
And we do take our rigs off road

Love it Mego!

janderson
11th December 2012, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=Winnie;303832]Heard a woman on the radio saying that they should take all the 4WDs off the road and leave the diesel for the farmers. Uhh, what do you think 97% of farmers are driving?

What’s her phone number? I want to know what time she will pick me up in her petrol car to take me to do my monthly shop tomorrow. It’s a 120km trip return. If she had half a brain she would be dangerous.

MudRunnerTD
11th December 2012, 05:22 PM
She is probably driving a diesel Territory! Or Passat, or BMW, or Merc or or or a Land Crusher!!!

MEGOMONSTER
11th December 2012, 05:41 PM
No, she drives Toymota Prius. Wasn't it obvious.

Pog mo th'oin.

MEGOMONSTER
12th December 2012, 05:42 PM
2 pumps out of 8 have diesel at Shell Point Cook exit off princes fwy

Pog mo th'oin.

BigRAWesty
14th December 2012, 09:15 AM
Turns out there is a flow on affect. Reports of shortages in Adelaide and now here in the mount...
I'm off to get fuel..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

wildgu6
14th December 2012, 09:34 AM
Turns out there is a flow on affect. Reports of shortages in Adelaide and now here in the mount...
I'm off to get fuel..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Certainly is happening Kal
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=16816

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

AB
14th December 2012, 09:37 AM
Jut imagine all of the crud people will be putting in their engines when they suck the tanks dry...

Check your fuel filters too ladies and gents!

BigRAWesty
14th December 2012, 09:40 AM
Jut imagine all of the crud people will be putting in their engines when they suck the tanks dry...

Check your fuel filters too ladies and gents!

Top tip.. were all. Scraping the bottom of the barrel... Lol...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

krbrooking
14th December 2012, 09:50 AM
I was able to to get diesel at shell on the corner of the Hume and donnybrook if anyone is still looking

BigRAWesty
15th December 2012, 04:45 PM
Well I think people jumped the gun a little down here. Were all good. Plenty of stock..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 05:17 PM
Drove past couple servos today that I don't normally go past, as I took a mate home from work, and both still had no diesel.

threedogs
15th December 2012, 05:47 PM
Yawl pannick freaks, no shortage my way, never was, oh well ,
will be popping down in the morning to get through xmas/new year period

boots
15th December 2012, 06:25 PM
Brand new caltex on station st deer park was out today TD . Went to fuel up the work ute and no joy .

threedogs
15th December 2012, 06:43 PM
Where abouts is that, haven't seen any new stations going up but hey
I only use the super market one, Caltex fuel anyway, never ran out

boots
16th December 2012, 11:11 PM
Where abouts is that, haven't seen any new stations going up but hey
I only use the super market one, Caltex fuel anyway, never ran out

My apologies TD , not station rd but continuation of - mount derrimut rd deer park .