PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys, new guy

Jason
20th November 2010, 04:54 PM
Hi fellow patrol owners.y name is Jase from Glasshouse Mountains in Qld. Currently have a 98 GU st patrol with a RD28ETD motor which I am about to undertake a head replacement. Been a while since I have rebuilt a motor (15Yrs). Any tricks or traps I need to be aware of?? All advice is welcome

Cheers

Jase

patch697
20th November 2010, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Jason.

Mate there is plenty of help & friendly advice available here so you should get the answers your looking for. I hope you take some time to have a good read & join in on whatever is going on at the time.

Enjoy.

p.s. We love pics here so some of your Rig in the members Rids section would be great.

YNOT
20th November 2010, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Jason, good to have another Queenslander on board.

I've never rebuilt an RD28, but I think it will be a fairly straight forward job. As with any overhead cam engine set it on TDC before you start taking the head off.

What has happened to the head that it needs to come off?

Tony

Woof
20th November 2010, 08:12 PM
Welcome Jase, enjoy the forum mate

Maxhead
20th November 2010, 09:28 PM
G'Day Jason, welcome to the forum mate

AB
22nd November 2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask anything and join in the conversations.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd November 2010, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Jason, very nice bunch of guys n girls on here always willing to help out where they can :)

Have added you to our Google earth members map, just PM me if you want to be removed

Enjoy the forum mate.

Cheers

Todd

DX grunt
22nd November 2010, 07:05 PM
G'day Jase

Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

wildgu6
22nd November 2010, 11:36 PM
Hey Jase, Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on baord the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Have a 98 GU but havent had to rebuild, just replace, you should be able to get a few answers around here somewhere.

Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
23rd November 2010, 01:00 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Jase. Good luck with rebuild. So many sunny coast guys joining. Good to see.

Tim

Russell1974
23rd November 2010, 11:05 PM
gday mate welcome keep us posted with the rebuild