PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap ... Was my first reaction!!!

Coldcomfort
3rd December 2012, 05:44 PM
No Patrols. Not even other inferior 4 X 4's. But a large sports touring bike and a boat or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dtXFThyr764

growler2058
3rd December 2012, 05:48 PM
I said a bit more than holy crap!!!

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

BigRAWesty
3rd December 2012, 05:53 PM
Lmfao

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Maxhead
3rd December 2012, 05:54 PM
Was a nice bike...lol

threedogs
3rd December 2012, 05:55 PM
Am I missing something ?????Bike falls on boat/jetty and.........?????

Maxhead
3rd December 2012, 05:57 PM
Am I missing something ?????Bike falls on boat/jetty and.........?????

Thats it TD, we're very easly entertained mob...lol

Winnie
3rd December 2012, 06:09 PM
hahahahahahaaaaaaa I think I peed a little.

Bigrig
3rd December 2012, 06:38 PM
It soooooooo hard to look cool and draw attention these days!!!! lmao

taslucas
3rd December 2012, 06:49 PM
Hahahaha thats awesome!

Tap, crackle, pop

MEGOMONSTER
3rd December 2012, 07:25 PM
Looks a little staged to me, if not what a d..khead

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

growler2058
3rd December 2012, 07:35 PM
Looks a little staged to me, if not what a d..khead

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

I think full on D head look how he seems to face plant the boom definite $&@!?£%# ;)

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

AB
3rd December 2012, 08:23 PM
I wasnt expecting that....lol

stevogq
3rd December 2012, 08:27 PM
lmao well you can say "he is living life on the edge"

Coldcomfort
3rd December 2012, 08:31 PM
A few cruel posts here. Can't say if it is staged or not. That bike is/was a yamaha FJR1300. Arguably one of the most capable long distance sports tourers ever built. If you look carefully he caught his LH pannier on one of those bollards. That pushed the bike ubruptly to the right and straight into the drink. Well almost into the drink.I doubt that he was trying to look cool just for the sake of it. He was just wearing some sensible safety gear.
Todays modern sports tourers are quite wide at the rear. Those here that have riden one would know what I mean by that.

Cheers.

lorrieandjas
3rd December 2012, 11:06 PM
A few cruel posts here. Can't say if it is staged or not. That bike is/was a yamaha FJR1300. Arguably one of the most capable long distance sports tourers ever built. If you look carefully he caught his LH pannier on one of those bollards. That pushed the bike ubruptly to the right and straight into the drink. Well almost into the drink.I doubt that he was trying to look cool just for the sake of it. He was just wearing some sensible safety gear.
Todays modern sports tourers are quite wide at the rear. Those here that have riden one would know what I mean by that.

Cheers.

Used to ride a CBR1100XX and VFR800. Easy to do. Staged or not I dunno - expensive prank if it was! That had to hurt.

Clunk
3rd December 2012, 11:27 PM
Just some poor unfortunate fool who forgot how wide his rear end was........ but quite amusing to watch

taslucas
4th December 2012, 06:49 AM
Just some poor unfortunate fool who forgot how wide his rear end was........ but quite amusing to watch

Are you talking from experience? lmao

krbrooking
4th December 2012, 06:55 AM
If only we could see his face, I reckon his eyes would have been the size of dinner plates.

my third 256
4th December 2012, 07:12 AM
maybe he thought that boat was the ferry

Coldcomfort
4th December 2012, 08:26 AM
Used to ride a CBR1100XX and VFR800. Easy to do. Staged or not I dunno - expensive prank if it was! That had to hurt.

VFR800 was my last bike before the 1400. The V4 VFR is one very nice machine......

lorrieandjas
4th December 2012, 09:19 AM
VFR800 was my last bike before the 1400. The V4 VFR is one very nice machine......

It surely was! Loved the CBR though as well - for a big heavy bike (well not up there with a Gold Wing!) it handled really lightly - even with the stock bar ends. Miss riding bikes!

Jas

Clunk
4th December 2012, 10:01 AM
Are you talking from experience? lmao

Nooooooooooo not at all, not me mister. I've always known what sort of gap I can get my rear end through. :D:D

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

mudnut
4th December 2012, 10:09 AM
Ouch!! Just shows how things can turn ugly in the blink of an eye.

rkinsey
4th December 2012, 11:03 AM

Cheers.

Its always heartbreaking to see that sort of thing hapening to any bike and rider. Hope he is ok. Could of done some serious damage in that fall. (Not only to his pride either) Once you ride one, there is a culture you just seem to get and its all about the bike. It doesnt matter which one you ride, and all riders seem to feel the same way. Its why its very rare that anyone will let another ride his/her bike.

My last bike was a 1989 GSX750F. Even after 15 years and some very ordinary treatment, you still had to lean over the front wheel in third gear and up just to keep it on the ground!!! Yes Jas, I miss 'em too.

lorrieandjas
4th December 2012, 11:05 AM
Its always heartbreaking to see that sort of thing hapening to any bike and rider. Hope he is ok. Could of done some serious damage in that fall. (Not only to his pride either) Once you ride one, there is a culture you just seem to get and its all about the bike. It doesnt matter which one you ride, and all riders seem to feel the same way. Its why its very rare that anyone will let another ride his/her bike.

My last bike was a 1989 GSX750F. Even after 15 years and some very ordinary treatment, you still had to lean over the front wheel in third gear and up just to keep it on the ground!!! Yes Jas, I miss 'em too.

I used to love the saying "Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog hangs its head out of a car window!". Getting twitchy to go for a ride now! And you are dead right about the motorcycle fraternity - regardless of what you ride there is a certain bond between riders.

rkinsey
4th December 2012, 11:38 AM
I used to love the saying "Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog hangs its head out of a car window!". Getting twitchy to go for a ride now! And you are dead right about the motorcycle fraternity - regardless of what you ride there is a certain bond between riders.

Hahahahaha!!!!! Once you have been bitten by the riding bug, its with you forever! Im on http://www.bikepoint.com.au/ right now.... Hmmmm... can I squeeze another GSX or even a VFR into the budget next year???

lorrieandjas
4th December 2012, 01:40 PM
Didn't like that vid at all.

Added this one to the collection recently. 'tis another love of mine.

Nice mate - let me guess how you got your forum name!? :)

Jas

rkinsey
4th December 2012, 02:11 PM
Added this one to the collection recently. 'tis another love of mine.

Now there is a very nice piece of hardware. You are one lucky man Plasnart... Now im scowering the classifides.... im starting a new job in the new year and I think i need a new transportation device....

wildgu6
4th December 2012, 04:08 PM
Ouch.... Bloody gear bags,

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

Coldcomfort
4th December 2012, 04:36 PM
This my current ride. It has covered 60K in the two years since I bought it.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/outbackjack0870/DSCF0221.jpg

Clunk
4th December 2012, 04:59 PM
Does a Peugeot Ludix Blaster 50cc scooter count?

taslucas
4th December 2012, 06:04 PM
Does a Peugeot Ludix Blaster 50cc scooter count?

It does if you jump it onto a boat!

Tap, crackle, pop