PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding fuel system

Yendor
1st December 2012, 02:12 PM
Hi Guys.

I need some help. I replaced the fuel filter on my ZD30 and I have been unable to bleed it.

Any tips?

Regards Rodney

boots
1st December 2012, 02:29 PM
Have you removed outlet hose on filter housing and tried to prime with hand pump on filter housing or is yours different .

Yendor
1st December 2012, 02:37 PM
I've tried it with the outlet off, I've even tried it with the fuel filter loose

boots
1st December 2012, 02:44 PM
Do you have compressed air on hand ? could remove tank filler cap and force air in the tank - but you need to regulate the pressure and reduce considerably . remove hose from inlet side of filter to ensure flow if you consider this option ,

MudRunnerTD
1st December 2012, 03:08 PM
Rodney I have done my fuel a heap of times in the last 6 months trying to sort out a problem. Solved! You should be able to take off the pump side of the fuel filter and put a plastic cup under the outlet and use the hand primer pump. Prepared to pump as much as 200 times if you have too!! It can take a heap to pull up from the tank. Don't give up!

MudRunnerTD
1st December 2012, 03:10 PM
Fuel filter tight outlet off and ship loads of pumping should get it done.

Yendor
1st December 2012, 03:18 PM
Fuel filter tight outlet off and ship loads of pumping should get it done.

I feel like i've already pump it 200 times, my arms are about to fall off.

Ok I will give it another go.

Cheers mate

nissannewby
1st December 2012, 03:18 PM
Hard and fast mate will get it going initially. The other option is to put a facet pump inline so when you do a service you just hit the key let it pump.

Yendor
1st December 2012, 03:33 PM
When pumping and you put your finger over the outlet pipe how much pressure should you feel?

Mine feels like there is hardly any if any.

nissannewby
1st December 2012, 04:24 PM
There won't be a lot until you get fuel up to it. How much fuel is in your tank? Do you have a compressor you could knock up a venturi and suck it through

Yendor
1st December 2012, 04:37 PM
I have a compressor how to I make a venturi?

nissannewby
1st December 2012, 04:59 PM
It's like a "T" piece if you push compressed air through the straight part it moves over the orifice of the t piece and creates a vacuum

Yendor
1st December 2012, 06:04 PM
It's alive!!!!!!

Thanks for your help guys. I ended up pressurising the fuel tank.

Cheers Rodney