PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm dunno

Timmo
28th November 2012, 10:14 PM
Hi guru's,

Well I hope that you can help me? My bloody mighty GU is starting to um well when I'm accelerating its starting to konk out like its not getting enough fuel I have cleaned out the air filter which was putrid after the long drive to Darwin and its still playing up any takers

Also when I had a look at the air filter it has a small hole in it from a small bit of ash from driving from through a bloody fire on the way up north, I know I know I should have waited for the fire to pass but we drove through it.

happygu
28th November 2012, 10:28 PM
First try changing out the air filter for a new one, and then second the fuel filter, as you may have got a bad batch of fuel up that way...

Timmo
28th November 2012, 10:35 PM
Cheers happy

MudRunnerTD
28th November 2012, 10:36 PM
Assuming it a 3.0lt? check and clean your MAF. you can buy cleaner at your local Auto shop

Timmo
28th November 2012, 10:51 PM
Cheers mud but is that the thing near the air cleaner

MudRunnerTD
28th November 2012, 11:20 PM
yes i think so mate, Sorry i am Definitely NOT a 3lt man but have read enough here to say that this is one of the first places to look. Pretty sure its between your Airbox and Turbo.

nissannewby
28th November 2012, 11:25 PM
They are generally mounted in the pipe leading from your air cleaner to turbo and will have an electrical plug on it.

Sir Roofy
29th November 2012, 06:49 AM
Hi timmo yes mate check the m,a,f sencor but just spray it till its clean dont touch the nd of it very sensitive
type in maf in the search box above theres good reading there
and disconnet your your battery for a day to reset the computer

macca86
29th November 2012, 06:52 AM
Id say fuel filter needs changed/drained

threedogs
29th November 2012, 06:54 AM
X 4 with the above you'll need those stupid star headed tool to remove. Just to the Left of the air cleaner standing in front of Patrol.
spray like all get out. shake and let dry, DON'T BLOW DRY. re fit with new air filter
re connect your battery.

my third 256
29th November 2012, 07:54 AM
did my maf the other day and forgot to connect up the electrical plug and it was very slugish i thought what have i buggered now
when i got to school to pick up the little one popped the bonnet and discovered the connector wasnt on
put on and on the way home everything back to normal then i cleared the fault code with the ultragauge

Timmo
6th December 2012, 01:56 PM
ok guys did the MAF with the cleaner from auto pro put in a new airfilter don't know how t do the fuel filter, after doing that the beast when accelerating the beast still is feeling like its not getting fuel............when ya accel it drops power and hops along???????????? until its warm then goes good.............will get the fuel filter done by a pro cause im not good with mechanic crap........could it be some thing else? I know I just drove all the way up to Darwin from perth but had a 80000k service before we left..............

threedogs
6th December 2012, 07:04 PM
Not at this stage, as you have new OE air filter, clean MAF sensor, battery reset, sort of only leaves the fuel filter.

Timmo
6th December 2012, 08:23 PM
Cheers doggy

happygu
6th December 2012, 10:34 PM
Fingers crossed the new fuel filter will fix it