PDA

View Full Version : ZD 30 power loss code 0707

adam120278
26th November 2012, 09:54 PM
Hi all,
I have a 2004 gu3 zd30 engined patrol which until yesterday the vehicle had never given any trouble what so ever. I got the caution light the vehicle entered limp mode and we crept home painfully.
After retrieving the code 0707 I immediately replaced the fuel filter, I had a lot of trouble bleeding the system with the hand primer and ended up pressurising the fuel tank to get fuel up to the filter bowl assy. I cleared the fault and it returned a few more times then it just went away, I thought must have still been a little air in the system. Well approx 20klms later same thing 0707 and limp mode, however this time it did give a puff of white smoke, letting the throttle of and reapplying returned the power even though the fault light was still illuminated, (this was not the case when I had the original problem prior to the filter change, power was not recoverable). I fitted a catch can and manifold pressure gauge(boost) today the boost seems to be ok, maybe a little high it spiked at 17 psi momentary. I have no pyro gauge yet. I pulled the intercooler off and flushed it along with all the plumbing, I tried cleaning the over boost pressure switch and I primed the fuel system again, this time with a fresh batch of diesel from a different supplier than my usual one, still same problem persists fault code 0707 limp mode initially the return to power after resetting the throttle. I guess maybe tps ?. I noticed that after ever run of the car, I can pump the manual primer on the bowl assy and it takes 2-3 to get it hard again is this normal or a sign of air introduction, I will get clear hose for the supply and return tomorrow and see if there is any bubbles but I,m running out of ideas well cheap ones anyways. Hope somebody has encountered something similar.
Kind regards
Adam

adam120278
26th November 2012, 10:00 PM
Sorry I have also cleaned and checked the voltages on the maf sensor and they are exactly as the info I retrieved from this forum says they should be.

Regards
Adam

macca86
26th November 2012, 10:37 PM
Was going to say maff. Maybe change over maff with a friend and see if it changes anything

adam120278
27th November 2012, 09:18 PM
Well after leaving the battery disconnected for the night 2 more fault codes and some fiddeling with the wiring on the back of the injector pump the problem has currently vanished as quickly as it arrived ????????????? Leaves me a little nervous :)

Diesel-Mate
28th November 2012, 08:50 PM
I have heard of zd30's having problems with the common rail pressure sensor and pretty much shutting down the engine because of that, might be worth a look

TUR7LE
28th November 2012, 09:33 PM
If its the injector pump timing code .... I think it is I had the same problem with mine but it only started after I used the sub tank .... I ran some diesel conditioner and it cleared for a bit and came back .... I then did the filter ... It came on strait after then the next morning .... I haven't seen it again ..... That was 2 weeks ago .