PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen sticker. What size?

mudski
25th November 2012, 08:34 PM
So I want to get a NissanPatrol.com.au sticker for the windscreen but I'm stuck on what size.
750mm x 50mm

Or

1100mm x 75mm

I reckon the 750mm might be a bit small but then I chuck a tape up along the windscreen and think the 1100 might be too big. Oh the pain! Its been giving me a headache...
Help a brother out in this decision please.

MEGOMONSTER
25th November 2012, 08:54 PM
I would probably go the 750 x 50, only because it won't obscure you vision out the windscreen, having a big one might look a bit dicky, but I guess until I see them both side by side you won't really know.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

mudski
26th November 2012, 08:02 AM
Slept on it last night, I think I'll go the 750 and a smaller one for the back aswell. Think.

Sir Roofy
26th November 2012, 11:58 AM
slept on it last night, i think i'll go the 750 and a smaller one for the back aswell. Think.

send a pm to taslucas hes got the lot

BigRAWesty
26th November 2012, 12:00 PM
Just make sure your wiper blades clear you stickers.. if they hit your blades will peak them off.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

mudski
26th November 2012, 05:18 PM
Pm sent to taslucas and paid. I thought it would be good to have above the smaller back sticker is italics saying "Proud and paid sponsor of". Dunno if it would be to erm, wanky or not.

Sir Roofy
26th November 2012, 06:29 PM
pm sent to taslucas and paid. I thought it would be good to have above the smaller back sticker is italics saying "proud and paid sponsor of". Dunno if it would be to erm, wanky or not.

i dont think so,seems a good idea if it takes off
thats really puting it out there

PMC
26th November 2012, 06:32 PM
G'day folks,

I will be after one also. Is there any photo's what they look like on a Patrol!

Regards,

RLI

mudski
26th November 2012, 06:40 PM
Just spoke with Lucas. He's gonna make some up and send them off to me. I'll post the pics up when they arrive. Just on ideas for the colour though. My first thought for the italics was white, so it stood out. Then I was thinking of the same grey as the "Patrol" in the sticker...

Sir Roofy
26th November 2012, 06:43 PM
just spoke with lucas. He's gonna make some up and send them off to me. I'll post the pics up when they arrive. Just on ideas for the colour though. My first thought for the italics was white, so it stood out. Then i was thinking of the same grey as the "patrol" in the sticker...

white would ok

mudski
26th November 2012, 06:44 PM
I put the ideas to lucas. Lets see what he comes up with...

megatexture
26th November 2012, 07:17 PM
my only thoughts are it could give the impression you have to pay a membership in order to join and that could put off potential members?

mudski
26th November 2012, 08:07 PM
Could give the impression yes, but that's why I put sponsor, not member. Or even something like A Proud and Passionate member of...
Or even go one further

Mudski is a Proud and Passionate member of...
Megatexture is a Proud and Passionate member of...

Bit to long though.

mudski
5th December 2012, 05:54 PM
O.k got my stickers today. Put the rear one on with the "Proud and paid sponsor of" on there. It actually looks really good. Gonna put the windscreen one on tonight if I don't get to pissed and then the pics will flow.
Taslucas where are ya mate? Your a champ!

taslucas
5th December 2012, 08:19 PM
Hey! I'm here! Wheres the pics mudski!?

Tap, crackle, pop

mudski
5th December 2012, 08:48 PM
Too dark now. I'll post them up tomorrow. The back one looks great with the preverb above it. I'm real happy with that. The windscreen one went on straight but as the top of the screen is curved it kinda looks out of whack I reckon, even though its on dead straight. I thought to cut it up and stick it down with the curve of the windscreen but I would prolly make it worse. I'll let the members be the judge.
Feck it! Here some pics. The shots would come out better during the day but. My other worry is that the wipers are going to touch the windscreen sticker. Hoping for a few days with no rain and sun to let the stickers adhere better and they should be o.k
Thank you so much Lucas!!!

taslucas
5th December 2012, 08:56 PM
Sweet as mudski:-) the "sponsor" bit looks awesome:-). I thought that id match up the same grey as in the logo. You like?
Yeah a good few days of Sun will help the sticker on the windscreen. Even a nice warming with a heat gun will help a lot. The longer before hitting the wipers, the better but they should hold up pretty well.

Tap, crackle, pop

mudski
5th December 2012, 09:03 PM
Mate your spot on with the grey instead of white. I love'em.

taslucas
5th December 2012, 10:44 PM
:-)

Tap, crackle, pop