PDA

View Full Version : GQ stabiliser bar connecting links

knilands
24th November 2012, 05:50 PM
Hi folks,
As mention in my introduction post I am seeking help with identifying the part numbers and possible suppliers of the stabiliser bar connecting links for my leaf sprung 6/89 GQ Ute. They have bushings on both ends and do appear to be mentioned on any websites. The websites that I have googled only mention the bushing/ball joint versions which will not fit my setup.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
John k

NissanGQ4.2
24th November 2012, 05:56 PM
Hi John

PM me your VIN number if you want and I might be able to look find the part # on Nissan Fast

Cheers

Toddie

knilands
24th November 2012, 08:15 PM
Hi Toddie,

Thanks

BigRAWesty
24th November 2012, 08:26 PM
Front or rear??
If front, rip it off.. I've found it doesn't affect the handling in road, but allows a lot more flex off road.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

GQ TANK
24th November 2012, 09:22 PM
Give this guy a call

BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
Teloscopic Light Mounts, General 4x4 Accessories & Suspension, Welding Work, DTV & Comms
Ph 0400 250 734 Bordertown SA

NissanGQ4.2
24th November 2012, 10:04 PM
Yout VIN didn't work John, but this should be the same as what your after

NissanGQ4.2
25th November 2012, 06:14 AM
Front or rear??
If front, rip it off.. I've found it doesn't affect the handling in road, but allows a lot more flex off road.

Just be careful if you rip it off, I dare say you will find that ripping it off will defect you 4b and also void any insurance claim you make in an acco it they realise its not there

Did that diagram help John? I didn't get a chance last night to search that number on google to see if it was the right one

Cheers

Todd

growler2058
25th November 2012, 06:18 AM
Some GQ's didnt come from factory with the front swaybar, (like mine)

NissanGQ4.2
25th November 2012, 06:53 AM
Some GQ's didnt come from factory with the front swaybar, (like mine)

If it come out of factory with one and you take it off....defect.

oilpond
1st December 2012, 03:34 AM
Cut a normal size one in half and weld it onto the top half of the original and reassemble, worked for me...Nissan said they would only sell me the whole unit @ over a thousand bux(Bullshit i say to you sir:)

BigRAWesty
1st December 2012, 09:43 AM
Hi folks,
As mention in my introduction post I am seeking help with identifying the part numbers and possible suppliers of the stabiliser bar connecting links for my leaf sprung 6/89 GQ Ute. They have bushings on both ends and do appear to be mentioned on any websites. The websites that I have googled only mention the bushing/ball joint versions which will not fit my setup.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
John k

Throw up a pic of the parts that are worn. It may be a simple machine job which I could do for you and send across

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)