PDA

View Full Version : Patrol gq 1989 2nd barel of carbie not opening

Dragonwall2000
23rd November 2012, 11:15 AM
Hi im new to the forum.

Just got a Patrol gq 1989.

Im hoping someone may be able to tell me the reason why the 2nd barel of carbie is not opening. It's not jammed as I can open it manually with a rod of metal when engine is off. I have noticed it's vacuum fed through an electrical valve, but there is no sensor or switch on throtal in the cab. Does anyone know what the wires are connected to? What is the process to test the valve? Also is the suction pipe feeding it surposed to be connected to the manifold itself or to the suction above the butterfly?

Many thanks!

Dragonwall2000
24th November 2012, 09:21 AM
Hi,

I'm noticing people are reading this and may not know the answer? Does anyone know where I should look to find this info, please?

Thanks!

93patrol
3rd January 2013, 06:11 AM
i know its been a while dragonwall and you may have fixed it but to me it sound like you have a split in the diaphram the the vac hose goes to and i believe the hose is attached to the carby from memory

if you want to check if it is the diaphram try sucking heavily on the hose connected to the valve if they open then obviously its not that ,

no idea what the wires are connected to but you could trace them back to thier source by following the wiring harness

GQ TANK
14th January 2013, 10:00 PM
Im sure I read a post from an Ex nissan mechanic that commented that at one stage some carbys where replaced under warranty due to this issue.

I dont know why though

Robo
9th February 2013, 09:33 PM
I have a 93 model and the 2nd butterfly is vac operated but it is via an internal passage where the secondarys vac cylinder screws onto the side of the carb body.
The vac cylinder has an o-ring between it and carb body.

There is NO vac line running outside the carb to the vac actuator.

The wires you mention should be either fuel cut solenoid or a vac cut solenoid for the bcdd system.

cheers