my mk failed it uk mot today failed on welding rear shoes wheel bearing and

front leaf upper bushes on both sides you can see the crack in the one bush

my question is will leaf bushes from a later patrol fit ie a GQ or later

as i think i may be struggling to source mk bushes in uk

cheers

lee

threedogs
23rd November 2012, 09:04 AM
Not sure about your terms but if you measure eye to eye on leaf spring it would give you an idea,
Or buy some poly block material and get some turned up on a lathe, pics would be good, thinking blind here

audiman
23rd November 2012, 09:41 AM
thanks 3 dogs that does help a bit at the mo truck is my mates workshop and would need to get the bush out before I could take a pic of ie to pic

not thought about poly bushes would have to price poly block up

cheers

Lee

taslucas
23rd November 2012, 12:03 PM
Hi mate. Mk front shackles are different to MQ. And so probably different to GQ but I'm not %100 sure. (have a search in the MQ/mk section, theres a thread there somewhere). And only gq Utes have leaf springs here, the wagons are all coil.

Tap, crackle, pop

audiman
23rd November 2012, 07:33 PM
thats interesting that same truck in different countries have different setups

well going to ring a 4x4 speciliast this morning and see what i can come up with

cheers

Lee

audiman
25th November 2012, 06:03 AM
well i was unable to get bushes for the leaf springs for a mk in uk but i did get resr bushes off a mk1 isuzu trooper leafer which turned up today and are now fitted

Also got ns front wheel bearing adjussted up so rear shoes and welding now needs doing and then hopefully it will get through the mot and be on the road again

supposed to be at a pay and play site next weekend but dont think it will be ready oh weel there will be other ones to go on

cheers

Lee

threedogs
25th November 2012, 06:50 AM
Well at least its all sorted and ready to go and get dirty now, good luck hey