PDA

View Full Version : new member

BP4X4
16th November 2010, 02:01 PM
Hi All, my name is Brendan from outer Melbourne. This is my first ever forum site.
I have 2 Patrols, a 99 GU TD42T with a Trak Shak camper (we need to room with 4 kids). Love to getaway when work allows although have mainly done lots of Vic High Country & little bit of Sth Aust outback so far.
My 2nd Patrol is more of a project, I love the durability, simplicity (no black boxes) and reliability of the TD42T, so I purchased a cheap 1990 GQ with a seized TD42 (the owner didn't pick the slow weep from the water pump). I am in the process of putting in a '99 TD42T motor into the GQ, it's all going well, but there are more differences than I thought there would be (I am using the GQ accessories off the old motor where I can).
Being fairly limited in terms of resources and tools, it is a slow process for me as I want it to be done right with no shortcuts.
Hopefully some people would have already gone through this process and this forum will be full of useful info.
Cheers

AB
16th November 2010, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the forum Brendan, sounds like your a busy man!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Wouldn't mind seeing some pics if you get time and put them in the members rides section.

Enjoy!

YNOT
16th November 2010, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the forum Brendan.

Tony

Woof
16th November 2010, 05:06 PM
Welcome Brendan, enjoy the forum mate

Maxhead
16th November 2010, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Brendan, enjoy

wildgu6
16th November 2010, 05:25 PM
Hey Brendon, Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on baord the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
And a few good laughs along the way as well.

Good luck buddy, sounds like you have your work cut out for you,
Welcome aboard, Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete

DX grunt
16th November 2010, 07:52 PM
G'day mate & brother.

Welcome to the forum. Good to see the owners of 4.2's coming out of the woodwork. Well done.
Got 4 kids too & know the routine. lol
Please enjoy and feel free to contribute. 25 posts will give you access to a manual.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

BP4X4
16th November 2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks all for the friendly welcome. Glad to hear I'm not the only guy with 4 kids.

I hope to post some details of the TD42T conversion into the GQ when I'm done (and photos). It's been fairly straightforward, but not 'plug and play' so to speak if you start with a fairly bare TD42T engine with no accessories as I did.

Finly Owner
16th November 2010, 10:25 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Brendan

Tim

patch697
17th November 2010, 08:14 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.