PDA

View Full Version : electric windows...

tappethead
17th November 2012, 05:24 PM
hi guys just a quick question but can anyone tell me if the electric window winder on a gu patrol is the same as the e/w on a gq? (front left) as the fr left window on our gu has stopped working in either direction. Both switchs seem to be working as i am getting power right up to the last harness connection when i operate them (just before the winder regulator/motor) i have been offered a gq regulator pretty cheap so i was just wondering if it is the same??? thanks in advance for any words of wisdom...

NissanGQ4.2
17th November 2012, 05:53 PM
Not to sure mate, are the part numbers the same?

Are you referring to the motor itself???

Yendor
17th November 2012, 07:17 PM
Just to make sure its not one of the switches causing your problem, connect your test light up to both of the wires that go to the motor (one wire to the tip of the test light and the other wire to the negative lead of your test light).

Then just work both switches, your test light should light up when either switch is pressed both up and down.

The switches not only switch power they also switch earth to the motor as well.

Sorry don't know if the motors are the same.

tappethead
17th November 2012, 08:09 PM
Yep was thinking of a complete drop and swap... and I'll give the switchs the once over with the test light tomorrow. Thanks guys...

NissanGQ4.2
17th November 2012, 08:20 PM
Yep was thinking of a complete drop and swap... and I'll give the switchs the once over with the test light tomorrow. Thanks guys...

I can post up pics / post measurments of the gq ones if u need, should be able 2 compare it with yours.

If after testing the switches you still believe the motor is gone pull the motor out and connect it directly to the battery, if it spins it works, plug it back in and try again, don't ask me why but doing this worked for me and another member

Yendor
18th November 2012, 02:42 PM
Here is the circuit diagram for the LHF window, hope it helps.

tappethead
19th November 2012, 07:59 AM
so i connected my volt meter to the front passenger window connector red to #5 and black to the other wires while i did this i operated the switches passenger side and main drivers side and got readings of 12.6v and -12.6v with that i thought the fault may only be in the motor??? or have i missed the point completely? and yes pictures would help as before i did this i took out the regulator hoping to find a problem loose connector etc but not the case...i did take pictures of it before i put it back in to keep the window up (its been a wet weekend) thanks again guys...

Yendor
19th November 2012, 07:26 PM
Pin number 5 at the LHF window switch is an ignition feed, it has power when the ignition is turned on (sorry this is not shown in my previous post, it's on another page in the workshop manual).

I'm not sure why you got a negative reading with the positive of your voltmeter connected to pin 5 (white wire).

Try this, connect the positive of your voltmeter to pin number 1 of LHF window switch (Blue with a Black trace wire) and the negative to pin number 2 (Blue with a Red trace wire)

When you press up on either switch you should get a positive 12volt reading and when you push down on either switch you should get a negative 12volt reading.

Let us know what the results are.

Robo
20th November 2012, 03:04 AM
The elec window winder motor works in both directions, IE clock wise and anti clock wise for up and down.
so +12 and neg 12 is a good indication things are as they should be.
The part numbers are usually still visible on these parts so have a squizz to compare em

NissanGQ4.2
20th November 2012, 07:03 PM
Sorry for the delay, haven't had the chance to pull the door trim off until today

These are some pics from front passenger side

22747 22748 22749

Pics of rear passenger side, bracket is the same as front I believe

22750 22751

I have more pics of the electric motor stripped down somewhere, just having trouble finding them, If i find them I'll post them up for you as well.

Part numbers for my 1992 TI GQ

Front Doors

Rear Doors

Below are from a 2001 GU 2

Front Doors

Rear Doors

So from what I can gather from nissan fast the GQ and GU motors are the same part number so will be the same

But the rear part numbers are different so I assume would not work, but I don't know that for a fact

Cheers

Toddie

tappethead
22nd November 2012, 04:04 PM
hi guys thanks for the response so far ill check it all out on the weekend but just quickly it looks like the actual motor is the same (same part number) yahooo....
:hpfredgeorge1:

NissanGQ4.2
22nd November 2012, 05:50 PM
have you removed the motor and connected it directly to your battery yet??? It will tell you straight away if its the motor or somewhere in the electrics