PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for your kind support!

PMC
16th November 2012, 07:39 PM
G’day Trendsetters!

Thanks for your kind support, greatly appreciated!

I have spent the last 3 days bed ridden in hospital due to this dreaded Crohns disease. I am sick and tired of all the operations, medication and the constant feeling of being so fatigued.

I have never felt so depressed and as hopeless as a human being to what has occurred to me over the last 12 months. I constantly remind myself that there is always someone far worse than myself (especially terminally-ill children, god-bless them!)

This website and it’s amazing members have been like a breath of fresh air at times, especially when I have been struggling to cope with life in general (especially on my dark days.)

At present I am extremely sore, it feels like a Viking warrior has it me with a broad-axe in the “gazutts”, “freckle” (arse for you lay-persons!)

Over the last twelve months I have been severely violated by the “arse surgeon” we have now become good mates! (Keep it clean people!) Or as my army mates have advised me, I am now an honorary naval officer, (a reared admiral!)

PS, all the very best!

Regards, your humble servant!

Paul (RLI)
:sterb003:

NissanGQ4.2
16th November 2012, 07:55 PM
On the bright side you still have forum access and your still here :)

How long are you in for?

Good luck with it all Paul

PMC
16th November 2012, 08:03 PM
On the bright side you still have forum access and your still here :)

How long are you in for?

Good luck with it all Paul

G,day NissanGQ4.2

I got home tonight, i cannot sleep properly in hospitals.

Thanks mate!

Regards,

RLI

NissanGQ4.2
16th November 2012, 08:15 PM
Good 2 hear ur back home

Yeh I was the same when I was in hospital, couldn't sleep, couldn't drink beer, couldn't walk 2 the toilet and there was no way in hell was I gunna crap in a bed pan.

I hate hospitals!!!

All the best with the recovery

Cheers

Todd

nissannewby
16th November 2012, 08:19 PM
It's just as good having you here as it is being here for you. You have the knack for telling a story mate it kinda just sucks you in and although it may not be the happiest of topics you still manage to entertain. Cheers mate. Hopefully one day we can catch up one day.

stevogq
16th November 2012, 08:27 PM
good luck with all your going through bud

i hope a speedy recovery

Stevo

wildgu6
16th November 2012, 09:13 PM
Good too see ya back on deck Paul, Not so good to hear what your dealing with, use to work with a fella with crohns and saw what he and his family went through.
We ended up having a fund raiser for him and collected enuf funds for him to get the latest trial meds from the states. Wasn't cheap I tell ya. So yes Paul I can certainly empathize with you buddy,
All the best mate, Keep up the fight,
and what Eva ya do, don't fart in the bath, lol sorry mate couldn't resist.
God bless to you and yours

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

Lonicus
17th November 2012, 06:57 AM
Glad to see you back home and with us in here again mate. Home always makes you feel better than you do in hospital.

threedogs
17th November 2012, 07:49 AM
X 2 on sleeping in hospitals, would have to be the worst place for a kip. Anyway you're home so hopefully things will start to look up again, As you know only a PM away

macca
17th November 2012, 08:25 AM
All the best there Paul, wish you a speedy recovery from your last hospital visit and we will all make sure the light at the end of the tunnel is turned on for you.

DX grunt
17th November 2012, 08:51 AM
Glad to hear you're on the mend and at home.

Hey a quick favour. I'm on arov shift this week, so can you tell me what's been happening on Home and Away? lol

All the best, bro.

Take care out there.

Rossco

PMC
17th November 2012, 10:52 AM
It's just as good having you here as it is being here for you. You have the knack for telling a story mate it kinda just sucks you in and although it may not be the happiest of topics you still manage to entertain. Cheers mate. Hopefully one day we can catch up one day.

G'day nissannewby,

I am heading to Cape York next August with an expanding group of friends! Hopefully we can catch up together for a coldie or two?

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

PMC
17th November 2012, 10:53 AM
Good 2 hear ur back home

Yeh I was the same when I was in hospital, couldn't sleep, couldn't drink beer, couldn't walk 2 the toilet and there was no way in hell was I gunna crap in a bed pan.

I hate hospitals!!!

All the best with the recovery

Cheers

Todd

G'day Todd,

Thanks mate!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

PMC
17th November 2012, 10:54 AM
good luck with all your going through bud

i hope a speedy recovery

Stevo

G'day Stevo,

Thanks mate!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
17th November 2012, 10:57 AM
Good too see ya back on deck Paul, Not so good to hear what your dealing with, use to work with a fella with crohns and saw what he and his family went through.
We ended up having a fund raiser for him and collected enuf funds for him to get the latest trial meds from the states. Wasn't cheap I tell ya. So yes Paul I can certainly empathize with you buddy,
All the best mate, Keep up the fight,
and what Eva ya do, don't fart in the bath, lol sorry mate couldn't resist.
God bless to you and yours

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

G'day wild98,

Thanks mate!

PS, I do not have to worry about farting!, i have got a shit bag on at present!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

PMC
17th November 2012, 10:58 AM
Glad to see you back home and with us in here again mate. Home always makes you feel better than you do in hospital.

G'day Lonicus,

So true, thanks mate!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
17th November 2012, 11:00 AM
X 2 on sleeping in hospitals, would have to be the worst place for a kip. Anyway you're home so hopefully things will start to look up again, As you know only a PM away

G'day threedogs,

Thanks mate!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

PMC
17th November 2012, 11:01 AM
All the best there Paul, wish you a speedy recovery from your last hospital visit and we will all make sure the light at the end of the tunnel is turned on for you.

G'day macca,

Thanks mate!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

PMC
17th November 2012, 11:06 AM
Glad to hear you're on the mend and at home.

Hey a quick favour. I'm on arov shift this week, so can you tell me what's been happening on Home and Away? lol

All the best, bro.

Take care out there.

Rossco

G'day Rossco,

Stella is pregnant, the old Police Sargent is having an affair with the local butcher and low and behold the place is about to be hit by a cyclone!

Regards,

RLI

The BigFella
17th November 2012, 11:11 AM
Hows things RLI, havent been introduced as yet but Im the BigFella.
I live just down the highway from you, (Port Stephens) I pass through Coffs almost weekly in my jaunts up and down the coast.
I drive an old GU Patrol and regularly tow a car trailer up and down the coast transporting 4x4's. hotrods and the like.
If your up for visitors, drop me a pm with your details and I will call in for a cuppa, if not totally understand.

Keep the faith old son, catch you soon maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nissannewby
17th November 2012, 11:12 AM
G'day nissannewby,

I am heading to Cape York next August with an expanding group of friends! Hopefully we can catch up together for a coldie or two?

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

Im heading down that way in the first 2 weeks of the new year. I am gonna cruise down to canberra for summernats then make my way back up the coast stopping at a few places I have been to before and hopefully some new ones. So a coldie or 2 or 3..... could be on the cards

threedogs
17th November 2012, 12:43 PM
Cape York last went in 83 , so my BFF thought we should do the trip again next year around late Aug as always like having birthday away somewhere. Be great if we can all meet up somewhere along the track?

PMC
17th November 2012, 09:26 PM
Cape York last went in 83 , so my BFF thought we should do the trip again next year around late Aug as always like having birthday away somewhere. Be great if we can all meet up somewhere along the track?

I am currently organising an August expedition next year with some of my mates! I will post up info year soon!

Regards,

RLI

choppie
18th November 2012, 11:36 AM
Blooby hell Paul sounds like you have had a right royal pineappling mate, hope the recovery is speedy and you are out trolling again soon.
All the best mate

Choppie

Bloodyaussie
18th November 2012, 04:40 PM
It's good you have a sense of humor still looming and you do have things to look forward to,never be afraid to reach out to those around you as it is felt these are the ones we dont want to burden.

I have struggled a bit this year for no obvious reason and it has felt like a dark cloud over me but I am aware and smart enough to know there is more.....

Hope your health goes well mate.

PMC
18th November 2012, 04:52 PM
It's good you have a sense of humor still looming and you do have things to look forward to,never be afraid to reach out to those around you as it is felt these are the ones we dont want to burden.

I have struggled a bit this year for no obvious reason and it has felt like a dark cloud over me but I am aware and smart enough to know there is more.....

Hope your health goes well mate.

G'day Mate!

That's one of the Male species fundamental floors, that we fail to ask or reach out for help! I hope all things are fine with you mate!

PS, "Life is like a piece of shit, it is great until you step in it"

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

PMC
18th November 2012, 04:54 PM
Blooby hell Paul sounds like you have had a right royal pineappling mate, hope the recovery is speedy and you are out trolling again soon.
All the best mate

Choppie

Thanks choppie,

I can still feel the sharp F--KING edges of the pine!

Regards,

RLI

89gqpatrol4x4
18th November 2012, 05:19 PM
good to hear your back at home now and that it's not slowing you down with the cape trip and all. I wish we could join you up the cape but I have a wedding to pay for. Keep up the positive attitude too.

PMC
19th November 2012, 08:07 AM
good to hear your back at home now and that it's not slowing you down with the cape trip and all. I wish we could join you up the cape but I have a wedding to pay for. Keep up the positive attitude too.

G'day 89gqpatrol4x4,

Thanks mate!

Regards,

RLI

lorrieandjas
19th November 2012, 10:37 AM
Good to hear you're on the mend mate. I might be up for a tagalong to the Cape - timing sounds good. Glad you got yourself sorted in time and didn't just bury your head in the sand!

Jas

PMC
19th November 2012, 04:03 PM
Good to hear you're on the mend mate. I might be up for a tagalong to the Cape - timing sounds good. Glad you got yourself sorted in time and didn't just bury your head in the sand!

Jas

Thanks Jas,

One great thing i can take out of my military service, is that Aussie soldiers have a wicked sense of humor, even during tough periods of time!

PS, I will post a thread soon about my trip to the Cape. Stay tuned!

Regards,

RLI

threedogs
19th November 2012, 05:21 PM
Can we use another term other than Pineappling it sounds so, well primitive first, painfull second,and thirdly dont think its a word lol

PMC
19th November 2012, 09:46 PM
Can we use another term other than Pineappling it sounds so, well primitive first, painfull second,and thirdly dont think its a word lol

G'day threedogs,

How about Zulu polling!

This is where the victim is bent over and held by 6 Zulu Warriors, whilst another 8 Zulu Warriors sprint from 20 yards all holding onto a 20 foot, 4 inch round sharpened tipped log, jamming it into the poor victims rear-end. This resulted in the log SCREWING splinters and all, ouch! all the way through and out of the victims chest! Then the poor sod, whist still alive was then placed and stood up into a 6 foot hole already dug to die.

PS, They virtually looked like a screwed Kebab!

Regards

RLI