PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh? Wot clutch is wot n wots beta?

Breaks
16th November 2012, 01:06 AM
Gday guys, ive been tryin to price up clutches for my TB42 gbox and im juz wondering wot the difference is between heavy duty and 4 terrain clutches are an wots better? Any other options i should be searching for? My GQ only gets drivin on the beach or bush once or twice a week but i dont want to have to replace it again anytime soon. There anything else i should also change at the same time i got the box off, rear main, Thrust bearing ect?? Also will the diesel clutch fit my petrol box? A few place sed it would but sum say no? Any difference between the 2 if they fit?

nissannewby
16th November 2012, 12:15 PM
They should be same. Try Extreme4x4 Sport on here he deals with exedy clutches for patrols. There are a few good items. 4terrain is good a few lads on here are running them, Exedy safari tuff also are good. And NPC do a 6x6 patrol clutch which is suppose to better than a safari tuff with factory feel. These all come in at a similar price it will be basically whoever can give you the best deal.

As for replacement, most come as a kit and will have a new throw out bearing and spiggot bearing to replace while you have it out. Its always good practice to change the rear main seal on the engine as well while the gearbox is out and its an absolute MUST to get the flywheel machined.

Gordy
17th November 2012, 01:47 AM
Given that its not the easiest of monsters to get in and out, i would suggest that you put the best you can afford in, i have the 4 Terrain clutch in mine and i find the feel quite good. if you believe half the hype about reduced heat and better engagement with the finger buttons.. I tow a heavy camper through a lot of ordinary places and give my clutch a fair work out at times and i guess only time will tell how this will stand up to the test of time compared to other heavy duty clutches out there, but i was impressed at the look of the 4 terrain pressure and clutch plates.
As above, a must for the flywheel otherwise you will get shudder,
cheers