PDA

View Full Version : Changing out Front crank seal, new part looks different

TJH
14th November 2012, 12:51 AM
hey guys, have any of you blokes changed out a FRONT SEAL on a GQ and found that the replacement part isnt identical to the old?
as you can see in the pics, The new part is thinner in width than the old part, although the diameter seems the same. Any ideas if this is normal?
Really dont wanna stick it in put everything back together only to find it leaks oil coz its the wrong part!
its a nissan gen part # 13510-43G01

any advice would be appreciated cheers

-TJ

the ferret
14th November 2012, 01:05 AM
Mate, have a look on the back of the seal, if the numbers match exactly it will be the right one
OR.
The seal you have taken out may not be original and a bodgy.
Cheers, the ferret.

TJH
14th November 2012, 01:22 AM
hi ferret. I didnt consider the old might not be original, The numbers do not match up. the old one has this on it: SGR2 58 80 10 AE
The new has: SH2R 58 80 7 F
The old one could have been leaking coz its the wrong part? also it was on the piss when i first saw it in place, wasnt flush against timing case
According to the guys at nissan this is the correct part.. ill just chuck it in there and hopefully all is good ;)

the ferret
14th November 2012, 01:36 AM
It's a double lip seal, so should be ok, just check that the crank doesn't have a wear groove from the original factory seal, maybe that is why someone has replaced it with a wider seal.
Only tap it in till it's flush, use a socket to put it in nice and straight.
Cheers, the ferret.

choppie
14th November 2012, 01:43 AM
Did you check old seal to see why it was leaking, ie: look at seal lips to see if worn evenly or not, slight dent in seal where it's been
hit by hammer?

TJH
30th November 2012, 12:05 AM
Replaced the seal, all looking good so far no more leaking. cheers guys

lorrieandjas
30th November 2012, 12:49 AM
I'm x2 with the ferret. I think your old one was non-genuine but from your last post all appears good?

Jas

TJH
22nd January 2013, 11:29 PM
Yeah mate, all done and dusted - thanks!