PDA

View Full Version : Long time listener, first time caller!

Drewboyaus
12th November 2012, 02:17 PM
G'day all,
Been getting plenty of ideas and hints from this excellent forum for the build up of my GQ toy for the last 12 months and thought it was about time I pulled my finger out and joined in the conversation!
Relatively new to 'wheeling but picked up my project GQ about 12 months ago....it had a life as a police dog squad truck before occasionally towing a horse float until I found it with only 200K on the clock.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22348
It came with the bar, long range tank and crappy Narva spotties but was clean as a whistle and the motor and running gear was spot on.
Below is what it looked like at the start of this year with a few of the mods done....and plenty more to come......
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22349

Cheers all....

MEGOMONSTER
12th November 2012, 02:20 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

scotty83
12th November 2012, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the show... plenty of GQ guru's here so ask away and get out there.

threedogs
12th November 2012, 02:50 PM
Welcome an Attwod special, great ppls here plus heaps of info and tips for you , ask away

growler2058
12th November 2012, 03:01 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent via my tapping thumbs

AB
12th November 2012, 03:12 PM
Looks very neat mate well done and welcome to the forum!

BigRAWesty
12th November 2012, 03:14 PM
Welcome mate. Seems you know here's the best forum going around..
Nice Q. Very straight.
So what's on the future mods list so far??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Drewboyaus
12th November 2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks. I'm just about to upgrade the headlights to HID and I scored a set of IPF900's on ebay really cheap that I'm going to upgrade at the same time......for the rest of the list, in no particular order, roof platform (already have the HD rhino bars), side awning, swap my standard ARB bar for an ARB winch bar, add winch, rocksliders & scrub bars, rear bar and locker(s).
The locker is the age old debate for me.....air or auto......I'm pretty sure I'll go front first though as their ain't much a GQ even in standard trim that it can't get up when driven properly.
I've been leaning towards auto (in the front) but don't know what that would be like to drive on some of the steeper high country climbs where you need to cross from one side of the track to the other to climb some of the rock shelves.....

Bigrig
12th November 2012, 03:45 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

lorrieandjas
12th November 2012, 05:11 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people and heaps of advice and tips to be had.

wildgu6
12th November 2012, 05:17 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

healy
12th November 2012, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2012, 05:20 PM
Welcome aboard mate.......

big_fletch
12th November 2012, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great starting platform and very nice truck you have got there.. Cant wait to see what ya do with it

Fletcha

Dhuck
12th November 2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

my third 256
13th November 2012, 01:34 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

The Big Rig
13th November 2012, 10:42 PM
welcome to the forum mate, nice looking patrol :)

2TROLLFAM
16th November 2012, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the Forum .. Awesome bunch of guys & girls here .. you should enjoy !! :) but you already know that LOL