PDA

View Full Version : Fresh look!!!

pjwooly
11th November 2012, 11:03 AM
Thort i'd post some pics of my new fresh dash.I was replacing my speedo and in the process of having it all appart thort i mite give it a refresher with something.Saw these plastic paints in Bunny's and thort i'd give it ago.

Would like to know what you think.:hpfredgeorge1:

growler2058
11th November 2012, 11:08 AM
Looks bloody great mate! Has almost inspired me to get out n wash the mud off mine left over from easter meetup hahahahahahahahahahaha almost

MEGOMONSTER
11th November 2012, 11:15 AM
Definitely an improvement, can't believe how good it looks. Well done.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

MudRunnerTD
11th November 2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah WOW man that looks Great! it could have looked Awful! your a brave man! But Damn that looks good! That centre panel is sweet mate.

Bigrig
11th November 2012, 12:03 PM
That looks awesome mate!! Inspires others to have a lash ... what colours were available if you recall??

BigRAWesty
11th November 2012, 12:35 PM
Looks very nice. Did you remove you speedo and tacho from the dash before painting? Or just tape them up??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

pjwooly
11th November 2012, 03:51 PM
:bananarock:Nah mate had it all appart to replace the speedo guage so thort i would try painting it and make it super modern like all the new cars:icon_driving:

pjwooly
12th November 2012, 01:41 PM
If i recall there was only a few colours -black,dark blue,silver and maybe red then just clear.
I'm taking a run down there now so will have another look although my bunny's not the main one.

threedogs
12th November 2012, 01:51 PM
looks good but aren't you a little young to be playing with power tools.
Hope you asked mummy and daddy LOL

scotty83
12th November 2012, 02:46 PM
that is a very nice looking job. looks well worth it. need to redo mine as some rocket scientist use an abrasive cleaner on mine before i bought it. Will have check out the mancave store. Thanks

pjwooly
12th November 2012, 03:21 PM
Ha yeah!! nice one.The young bloke has to be out with daddy when the tools are out.
Bunny's have a decent range of colours too for dash stuff like the silver and gold and black but also yellow blue red and white.

Thanks for the thumbs up anyway guys.

Timbo
12th November 2012, 03:41 PM
That looks really nice mate, well done.

Looks stylish!

Bigrig
12th November 2012, 03:43 PM
What's the actual paint called mate? Is it that 'revolution' gear in the back of third photo??

Winnie
12th November 2012, 04:01 PM
Centre dash bit looks shit hot but not a fan of the gauge cluster

DIAL-A-TAP

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2012, 05:26 PM
Very impressed mate, love the look as it seems to bring it up to date!!!

big_fletch
12th November 2012, 06:58 PM
That looks tops mate, well done.. Last time i painted plastic dash pannel's didn't go so well hahaha

pjwooly
13th November 2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah fair enuff winnie.Will look good if you can change the guage faces i reckon to a darker colour.I would like to have black ones.
This will be a work in progress.Still got some ideas for the rest of the dash.

oxmann
23rd November 2012, 10:05 PM
Looks real nice mate...did you have to prep the plastic ? give it a rub down or just hit it with some alcohol type cleaner to get the crit and s...t off and whats the name the paint is under ??..........nice job

cruiserman
14th February 2013, 11:17 PM
Looks real nice mate...did you have to prep the plastic ? give it a rub down or just hit it with some alcohol type cleaner to get the crit and s...t off and whats the name the paint is under ??..........nice job

Bit of a grave dig, but I guess that is what all my research is leading me too :P

Looks great mate, but as per the above question, did you have to do much in the way or prepping? Also did you apply a clear coat over the top? Hows it looking 1.5 years on? :)

Turbo
17th February 2013, 10:57 PM
that is amazing!

happygu
17th February 2013, 11:02 PM
Thort i'd post some pics of my new fresh dash.I was replacing my speedo and in the process of having it all appart thort i mite give it a refresher with something.Saw these plastic paints in Bunny's and thort i'd give it ago.

Would like to know what you think.:hpfredgeorge1:

Nice job PJ - Looks nice and fresh....

Northern Lad
20th February 2013, 11:35 PM
I reckon this looks pretty neat. I'm tempted to do my centre console but i think I'll give the dash a miss.......for now any ways!

Kast
21st February 2013, 02:06 AM
That's superb pj. Been contemplating doing all my rocket scientist stuffed plastics, think door pulls, vent surrounds and centre console. Like some others I'm keen to know how you prepped it all.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2