PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol Conversion 5 Speed Auto Onto 4.2 Turbo Diesel

kenscaddie
11th November 2012, 08:54 AM
Hi Forum Members,
Just Join the club this morning. Resides in Sydney NSW.
I am a long time Nissan driver having converted from Toyota some 10 years ago.
Currently running a 1999 ST 4.2 Turbo Diesel on 5 speed manual box. ( 4.2 Engine doen 410,000 with minimal servicing, runs like a dream )
Looking at buying a 2009/10 4.8 Litre petrol unit with 5 speed sports shift auto.
Looking at converting the 4.8 petrol to a recondition 4.2 diesel so that I have a newer patrol.
Like the 2013 version about to come out, but am put off with the V8 Petrol Engine.

Does any one have any data as to whether you can fit the 5 speed auto trans to a 4.2 litre diesel engine.

Would welcome any assistance.

MEGOMONSTER
11th November 2012, 10:12 AM
You might want to intro yourself in the intro section first. Before the mods hit you with the intro stick.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

MudRunnerTD
11th November 2012, 11:02 AM
Intro stick is here >>>>>

Hi mate,

We ask all new members to head over to the intro section and post a G'day thread. tell us a little about you and your car and say g'day. Kinda sets the mood as it were and its polite to say g'day when you enter a room ;)

Re your post:

I think you will hit a wall with that conversion! although it sounds sweet you will struggle to get it engineered as i understand it, you cant fit an older engine to a newer vehicle? The TD42 was phased out due to ADRs and i doubt very much you will be able to make it comply in a 2010 vehicle. Sorry. Dont take my word for it but do some more research from that angle before spending your cash.

You may be able to put it into a 2006 which is essentially the same car as the 2010 so no big deal

Cheers MR

johno90
18th November 2012, 08:22 PM
mud runners right, the laws are pretty clear when it comes to this stuff, A converted engine other then the original or not available for the year and model of the car must not be older then the car its going in. 2010 must comply with emissions, a td42 wont even come close to meeting them, sorry mate.

threedogs
18th November 2012, 09:30 PM
X 2 with everyone else engine needs to match model your putting it into, all emissions etc sorry.