PDA

View Full Version : 4WD Virgin

Wotan81
15th November 2010, 02:26 AM
Hi to all out there. I've just bought a 1995 RX Turbo Diesel. It has 312,000km on the clock but sounds pretty good. My partner and I have found a fair few small problems with it ranging from rattles and squeaks to possible evidence of an accident (a bent radio aerial shaft INSIDE the car body) to a bullet hole through the floor under the passenger's seat but all in all, it's pretty good. We don't know anything about 4WD and I don't know much about cars in general but we're looking forward to finding out.

Cheers,

Linley

YNOT
15th November 2010, 05:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Linley.

Tony

Maxhead
15th November 2010, 06:23 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate, enjoy

benno_84
15th November 2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Linley,

Welcome to the forum, I have only joined recently and am in a similar situation to you (just bought a 1998 GU with 350, 000 on the clock and don't know much about 4wds). The guys on here are just fantastic when it comes to offering good advice. Can I also recommend that you download or get hold of a few workshop manuals for your truck there are a number available for free here and you can also get the on ebay pretty cheap, I have 3 different ones for mine and I have found them to be invaluable when it comes to just understanding the vehicle and also doing some basic maintenance. There is also a really great thread which Tony has been working hard on at the moment, if you search for 'preventative maintenance' you will find it. It has some really good info in it on some of the things you might need to have a look at especially with the Km's your 4wd has on it.

Good luck and welcome.

Lloyd

AB
15th November 2010, 07:37 AM
Welcome to the forum Linley, feel free to ask anything and join in the conversations.

DX grunt
15th November 2010, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the forum, Linley.

Lots to read and talk about. Keep talking, coz after 25 posts, you'll have access to download a manual.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

wildgu6
15th November 2010, 04:49 PM
Hey Linley, Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on baord the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Should be able to get all the answers and help you need around here.
With a few good laughs along the way as well. Welcome to the world of off road, you will love it!!
Congrats' on the purchase buddy, sounds like a rip snorter.

Good luck buddy, Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete

NissanGQ4.2
15th November 2010, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the forum Linley,

Great bunch of people on here always willing to help out were they can :)

If you don't mind visiting the MembersMap Thread and posting what suburb from Adelaide you are from, I will add you to the map

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...au-Members-Map (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1006-NissanPatrol.com.au-Members-Map)

Cheers,

Todd

Woof
15th November 2010, 05:57 PM
Welcome Linley, enjoy the forum

patch697
16th November 2010, 10:20 AM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Finly Owner
16th November 2010, 11:18 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Linley, sounds like a story book Troll. Better take some photos and place in members ride, We Love photos(blank out number plates).

Tim

Wotan81
18th November 2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome, y'all. I came here to find a manual but I'm happy to stay to see what people are up to, to join in and to learn (even if I don't understand 1/4 of what everyone is saying). Useful vids on Youtube help in deciphering some of the more esoteric bits of advice.

cheers

Linley

DX grunt
18th November 2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome, y'all. I came here to find a manual but I'm happy to stay to see what people are up to, to join in and to learn (even if I don't understand 1/4 of what everyone is saying). Useful vids on Youtube help in deciphering some of the more esoteric bits of advice.

cheers

Linley

Finding the manual is no problem. The problem is talking enough for 25 posts to be rewarded. Congrats Linley, you're up to 16. Not too many to go, so keep talking, bro.

shoppenhauer
18th November 2010, 09:11 PM
welcome aboard