PDA

View Full Version : New Zimbabwe member

Ian Carruthers
9th November 2012, 04:23 PM
Hi all

Look forward to chatting on this site, just yesterday bought my first CRGY60 Patrol 1995. Other vehicles in my arsenal are Mazda B2500DX turbo 4x4, Toyota Hilux surf 4x4 & a limited work in progress Landrover forward control with an ADE diesel motor.

I bought my Patrol at an auction : As seen & without test driving as they could not start the engine due to missing keys. Drove it home yesterday problems are, bit of black smoke, reverse sincro shot & difficulty to engage 1st gear. Noise at right front freewheel hub (intermittant) & most importantly has a missfire.

First going to remove & have the indjectors tested then look into the right front clicking noise. Gearbox will take a look at last. There are also a series of small vacuume pipes loose/perished & liying loose, need to find out where they all go............... Looking forward to getting started on it this weekend................Cheers Ian C

Sir Roofy
9th November 2012, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forum ian enjoy your stay

wildgu6
9th November 2012, 04:30 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people,
Sounds like your weekends planned out,

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

Bigrig
9th November 2012, 04:32 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

threedogs
9th November 2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome Ian plenty of info and tips, enjoy

healy
9th November 2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
9th November 2012, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bloodyaussie
9th November 2012, 04:40 PM
Welcome aboard mate ........

MEGOMONSTER
9th November 2012, 05:04 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Sounds like you have your work cut out for ya.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

Dhuck
9th November 2012, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
9th November 2012, 07:08 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard, gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Lonicus
9th November 2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome aboard Ian, sounds like you've got yourself a new project!

BigRAWesty
9th November 2012, 09:04 PM
Welcome Ian. I'm guessing you bought a td42 engine?
Either way both engines are very simple.. I'm pretty sure the standard 12mm garden hose (or equivalent) is used for all your vacuum hoses.

But plenty of help and knowledge here

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

krbrooking
9th November 2012, 09:27 PM
Hello and welcome Ian where a abouts are you in zim. I have an uncle that lives there and his brother inlaw has a panel shop if you are interested, he lives in Harare.

big_fletch
9th November 2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great to have another member aboard

Fletcha

TJH
10th November 2012, 12:54 AM
Welcome!!!

Ian Carruthers
10th November 2012, 01:12 AM
Thanks 4 the welcome guys it's 3.30 pm in Zimbabwe & no work in the shop so closing NOW for a few beers & i'll contemplate my diagnostical direction for tomorrow. Will keep you posted on developments.
IC

Ian Carruthers
10th November 2012, 01:21 AM
Hi Kallen - Ja TD24 naturally aspirated (much the same as myself for the moment) .......................
re pipes > no negative it's the small guys about 4mm - Havent spent much time under the hood, no doubt will have some detail by Monday.
Wires/relays/electrics/pipes do my head in, give me a pre 1980 car anyday, trying to change with the times!
Cheers IC

2TROLLFAM
10th November 2012, 12:09 PM
Welcome :) Absolutely one of the best forums around with a great bunch of members willing to share advice/experience :bigthumbup:

Maxhead
10th November 2012, 12:14 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

FredFrothen
10th November 2012, 06:31 PM
welcome mate

my third 256
12th November 2012, 07:47 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen