PDA

View Full Version : Rear dust deflector

paulyg
3rd November 2012, 11:42 PM
Has anyone put one of those plastic dust deflectors that go above the rear doors on there patrol?
Did it make any difference?

MEGOMONSTER
4th November 2012, 12:01 AM
I think it does do something. I do have it on my 2011 GU. Might be a bit hard to work properly with the roof rack on. But hey it was for free.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

megatexture
4th November 2012, 02:20 AM
Yea doubt it will work all that well with a cage but a mate has on his car And he gets nowhere as much dirt and dust on the barn doors

Squalo
4th November 2012, 03:02 AM
I found one in an op shop at Noosa, I knew it was a Patrol deflector straight away. $15... plus some double-sided tape. Personally I'm not convinced, my Territory has one as well, both cars end up with a lot of dust on the rear screen.

my third 256
4th November 2012, 05:17 AM
got it on mine and a lot less bust on the back i drive a lot on dirt roads and notice the difference

threedogs
4th November 2012, 05:30 AM
Less dust plus IMO they look tuff too

paulyg
4th November 2012, 08:15 AM
I have a roof rack with a roof top tent on mine, I still get heaps of dirt on the back doors.
They probably don't work with anything on the roof that changes the air flow over the roof.

krbrooking
4th November 2012, 08:25 AM
I took mine off and used it as a wind deflector on the roof racks I made I think it looks better that way. I also took it off because I didn't think it would work as well with racks on the roof.

twisty
4th November 2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah, they're okay. Keeps some of the dust off but, on dusty roads, nothing helps.

dads tractor
8th November 2012, 10:57 PM
Had 1 on my 2000 wagon and driving in centralian bulldust you could see it working .that was with a camper and no roof rack but i think the best idea is to turn the fan on from outside flat chat and pressurise the cab.