PDA

View Full Version : New patrol

Ads88
3rd November 2012, 10:05 PM
Hey guys I have just brought a 2007 crd patrol, I have heard there are must do I items to do to them, any suggestions.

Cheers guys

schanmala
6th November 2012, 06:29 PM
Hello,

EGT/Pyro gauge
Boost Gauge
ScanGauge
EGR Block
Catch can
Exhaust
Chip

Done :)

Lieney
6th November 2012, 06:47 PM
Dawes and needle also maybe schanmala.
I've heard some of the others have had issues with CRD and EGR blocking.
Here is where you'll fid the answers

schanmala
7th November 2012, 05:40 PM
oh yes correct ^^^

Sorry dawes setup if you have high boost issues.

Some guys say the chip can sometimes help with controlling it.

Pepper
9th November 2012, 03:14 PM
What fuel useage are you getting ? and is it a manual or auto ? my 07 auto does 6klm/litre around town or on highway (driven very carefully) worse towing,my two previous 3 itre patrols both manuals and pre CRD did 8=8.5 km/litre.
I have heard many reports of high fuel consumption on 3 litre Crd engines.

BTW a must have in my opinion is an additional fuel filter to try and prevent damage to pump and injectors from contaminated fuel/water....Repair bill can be huge...

matto9018
9th November 2012, 09:12 PM
I got CRD myself, its 2008 Auto also.. I fitted everything apart from chip.. I never needed Dawes or Needle valve.. When I'm hammering it, it never went over 15-16PSI even cruising around town.. I get low 13s around town and low 11s and high 10s on the highway fully loaded. Penalty of grunt on the highway when its loaded... Also DON'T EVER drive carefully or baby those 3Ls engines when warmed up. They love to be revved and driven hard all the times. Don't get scared cruising 3.5k RPM along the road... I also had Di before my CRD always had slightly better on fuel then CRD but not that much anyways...
You can find higher RPM use less fuel in those ZD30s aswell. It just the way they are. My mods are Boost/Egt gauge, 2 3/4 Beaudesert System, Provent200, EGR blank and Scan Gauge too. I just ordered CC Intercooler :D

Cheers

threedogs
9th November 2012, 10:02 PM
Hi mate you'll be right just fit some gauges EGT and boost so you can see whats going on ,Other that that just drive it
EGTs can get high but just back off when needed

MEGOMONSTER
10th November 2012, 05:40 AM
Hi mate you'll be right just fit some gauges EGT and boost so you can see whats going on ,Other that that just drive it
EGTs can get high but just back off when needed

These are my gauges. 22252

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

Superoo
17th November 2012, 04:17 PM
Hi mate where did you get them from?
Cheers.

MEGOMONSTER
17th November 2012, 04:39 PM
They're Autron gauges, one is dual batt volt gauge and boost/EGT gauge, any shop can get them for you, quite expensive though, cost me nearly 1k supplied and fitted. Got mine through ARB

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

threedogs
17th November 2012, 04:41 PM
As you can see from Mego fit your EGT and BOOST guages first, Then later when you do other mods like EGR block, or bigger zoorst you'll be able to see any changes and adjust as required.
Better driving with guages anyway ,I love knowing whats going on under the bonnet,especially if towing up a big hill, if it gets too hot just back off, highly recommend this as your first mod for any GU new or not so new