PDA

View Full Version : stabilizer release?

bad055
1st November 2012, 08:41 PM
what does the stabilizer release handle do and when do you use it?:icon_bonk:

nissannewby
1st November 2012, 09:41 PM
Disconnects the rear sway bar and you use when off roading so the rear suspension can move more freely

taslucas
1st November 2012, 09:44 PM
yep, just as nissannewby said. Also you could find a little bump and park up on it in the same spot with the disconnects released or locked and hop out and check the difference in flex.:)

bad055
1st November 2012, 10:09 PM
ok. thankyou guys.

taslucas
1st November 2012, 10:17 PM
which model do you have mate? You should have a light in the dash to indicate when it is released. it says "stabi off" in the gq's, id imagine it would be the same for the gu's. Hopefully someone will be along to confirm that.

vitox
9th February 2015, 01:48 PM
hi guys, sorry to unearth this, but im not getting anywhere looking for pictures or diagrams of the control mechanism for this stabilizer release, my safari has the feature but the control wire just ends before entering the chassis and the button inside to operate it is nowhere to be found, im thinking to install a second parking brake handle as there is space for it in the center console, and use that to drive the stabilizer release mechanism, anyone have any pictures or ideas?

doka404
9th February 2015, 02:56 PM
GQ or GU? no button on the GQ to disconnect that i know of..just this handle that you pull..

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/02/24.jpgonnec

AB
9th February 2015, 07:04 PM
GQ or GU? no button on the GQ to disconnect that i know of..just this handle that you pull..

onnec

We didn't have this luxury in Australia for the gu's.

I love mine in the Q, but I think OS models in the gu had them though.