PDA

View Full Version : My gu ute

harro959
31st October 2012, 03:31 PM
Hi guys
I recently purchased a 02 gu td42r ute from a family friend for $22500. It has only done 80 000km.

When i got it everything was stock. Since then i have installed the usual suspects:
- driving lights
- UHF
- DIY battery system using 2 waterproof ABS plastic boxes as fuse blocks and another as a distribution block with relays inside it and a waterproof blade fuse holder panel mounted to the top.
- Aluminium canopy with RTT, side awning, water tank, kitchen draws and fridge slide which i got off ebay for $1300 :). Its not the prettiest but it does the job and for $1300 i can put up with its ugly looks.
- $60 ebay snorkel that i fitted with a friend. It has a few flaws that i fixed with silicon so it will now do the job nicely.

Sitting in the shed i have a boost gauge, oil pressure gauge and pyrometer to go in as well as a suspension kit in the mail (just the ebay bluepac cheapie). I also have the parts for a diy battery control panel identical in idea to the abr sidewinder one only 1/3 of the cost and made from better parts.

Hopefullt in the next couple of weeks when i finish exams i am also going to make a shelving system out of ply to go behind the passenger seat to keep everything tidy.

I will post picks when i can figure out how to load them properly.

Thanks for looking.

Let me know if you want more info on something

threedogs
31st October 2012, 04:01 PM
Looks great, check out Cuppas build A place foe everything and everything in its place.
More pics is good

harro959
1st November 2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks three dogs cuppas build thread is awesome. Lots of ideas for me to steal/incorporate into my own creations :)

DX grunt
1st November 2012, 10:25 PM
Welcome Harro

Great to see another camping ute on the forum.

Where you from?

Take care out there.

Rossco