PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Oman

Dippee
11th November 2010, 02:39 AM
Hi Guys from sandy Oman. I just picked up a 1998 GU 4.5ltr to take out into the local mountains and wadis of Oman, onto our quiet sand beaches, and into the deserts of the middle east. Plenty to do here, and I think I have just the right vehicle - although I think it maybe needs some tweeks and bolt-ons!:wink:

I found this site, and hope to gain some knowledge from some old hacks at off roading as I am totally new to real off roading, and I hope to share some of my experiences and meet some new friends. I may not be in your locality, but a shared interest brings things closer.

All the Best

Dippee

mudtrolluk
11th November 2010, 03:40 AM
Hi, welcome and well done on getting a patrol. Best advice I can offer is find a club to join in with first, you’ll learn a lot quick, I did. I also learned being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no recovery was poo too, but that’s me, phil.

YNOT
11th November 2010, 06:08 AM
Welcome to the forum Dippee.

Tony

Maxhead
11th November 2010, 06:10 AM
Welcome mate, enjoy

AB
11th November 2010, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the forum Dippee, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

DX grunt
11th November 2010, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
11th November 2010, 09:44 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

wildgu6
11th November 2010, 07:39 PM
Hey Dippee, Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on baord the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and plenty of good advice.
And a few good laughs along the way as well.
Congrat's on the purchase buddy, and welcome to the world of offroad. You will love it.

Good luck buddy, Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete

Woof
11th November 2010, 07:49 PM
Welcome Dippee, enjoy the forum and your new toy mate, when you get some photos of your play area can you post them up for all to see.
We love photos.

Finly Owner
11th November 2010, 10:58 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Dippee.
Tim

Russell1974
12th November 2010, 12:32 AM
howdy hope you enjoy our community

Pete's GU3
12th November 2010, 07:22 PM
Hi Dippee , i've seen some footage of you guys on you tube having fun in the sand...crazy stuff .......i think if you want a bolt on try a camel .....!!!!!!
have fun