PDA

View Full Version : want 30 ish more hp / torque

ozzyboy
30th October 2012, 06:27 PM
hey hey.
quick run down.
96 gq, TB42E, pacemaker extractors and a 2.5 inch exhaust, 270k on the clock
manual gearbox, standard diffs, 33 inch tyres, 3 inch lift
currently duel fuel, but almost positive i will be losing the gas and putting in a lr tank.

Today, i had it tuned, and air sensor replaced. this alone added 10hp @ the top end.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/ozzyboy2000/IMG_0710.jpg

green line was pre air sensor, red line after.
Tomorrow, the throttle position sensor to be replaced, and i am getting it compression tested, just to give a bit of an idea how the old donk is feeling. Recheck the tune numbers.

Prior to this tune, coming back from neurum trip, i noticed pulling the camper, she needed a little more grunt.
Am looking at ideas where too from here.
Any ideas would be appreciated ...

cheers

ozz

Bigrig
30th October 2012, 06:54 PM
Not sure on that road speed rating? They only dyno'd mine in second and third gear to get power and torque production - in those gears, I wouldn't be cracking 60 in second and 90-100 in third??

Hmmmm

Steve4wdin
30th October 2012, 07:14 PM
Super Charger.and hang on

MEGOMONSTER
30th October 2012, 07:49 PM
Super Charger.and hang on

Here's one that should fit.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

ozzyboy
31st October 2012, 06:30 PM
ok. Today the tps was replaced, and gq re-tuned.
Just so happened the fuel pump went on the dyno. so still to happen is replace fuel pump and 1 last tune.
This is where i am at so far.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/ozzyboy2000/IMG_0711.jpg

supercharger sounds great, but as far as i can see, they don't make them in a kit for the tb42, and a lot of mucking around to get one to work / fit?

ozz

Ben-e-boy
31st October 2012, 07:28 PM
you could always get the head and manifolds ported and a valve grind a cam

Dhuck
31st October 2012, 08:42 PM
you could always get the head and manifolds ported and a valve grind a cam

Yep petrol port, polish, valve grind and have the head shaved a little and custom cam grind. Look at the injectors (but from someone that knows about them) and maybe a smaller blower than the one above, how ever you are looking at big dollars for it on the trol. Go hard and get a motor built for av gas or meth. lol. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ben-e-boy
31st October 2012, 09:39 PM
and 6 1.5inch throttle bodies

nissannewby
1st November 2012, 06:29 PM
You could play with the timing a little, high quality plugs and leads with plug gaps set accordingly, simple things like valve clearances, air cleaners/air flow, smaller tyres lol. Even just getting your injectors cleaned and serviced could add some extra hp. All these small litte things could add up to your 30hp.

ozzyboy
1st November 2012, 07:24 PM
ok. after a new throttle position sensor, air flow sensor, fuel pump, some cleaning of plugs,and about 6 hours on the dyno, have ended up with this.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/ozzyboy2000/IMG_0713.jpg

ozz

Ben-e-boy
1st November 2012, 09:59 PM
now you have a solid base to start improving on.. do you have extractors and an exhaust??

macca86
1st November 2012, 10:58 PM
Six hrs at prodyno your pockets must be deep haha they did my turbo expensive bit they ran late finishing it forgot things on my list I gave them and didn't use the brands I asked for. They were that lazy didn't even put the engine cover back on. Their diagnostics were good to try and get more work but lied said I needed new pads 5000km after I changed them still got meat on the pads 20000km later

Robo
2nd November 2012, 04:39 AM
Clean injectors.
Clean airflow metre.
New air and petrol filters.
Improve any air intake restrictions.
Cold air induction
New cap and rotor button.
New plugs, personally like Iridium around $120 for 6 plugs.
New upgraded ign coil .
Clean inside all electrical connections in engine bay.
Including any earths.
Add a new earth strap or 2, to head and block and batt neg pole to improve circute.
If you have extractors, insulate em, reduces under bonnet temps helps alot
If going straight petrol + Turbo, refer to bigrig posts for info.
well well over 30 HP that way.