PDA

View Full Version : Forum is slow

Bob
30th October 2012, 06:36 AM
The Forum seems to be running very slow and just got the following message

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Other Internet Site are normal speed

taslucas
30th October 2012, 06:39 AM
Yeah it slows right down for me from time to time (usually the worst when trying to open the home page and login). I had to refresh the page this morning as it was taking forever to load up the home page but after that it seems fine now.

Winnie
30th October 2012, 06:47 AM
No problems for me on tappa

DIAL-A-TAP

threedogs
30th October 2012, 06:53 AM
Wondered what was happening, not a tech head so just thought normal.

T0nka
30th October 2012, 06:58 AM
Its being powered by a zd30

Bigrig
30th October 2012, 07:07 AM
Maybe we're just too fast?!! lol

BigRAWesty
30th October 2012, 07:54 AM
Good one tonka

Forums do tend to slow if there is an influx of traffic on the server. It could be a mad rush from us or hacking junk riding the waves trying to find easy pray..
When the site is under attack it'll slow further as it has to fend off the attackers, this is when a servers integrity is tested.. If there not up to the challenge they crash. But with technology these days the forum can deny access so it can devote itself to deceive tactics.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

AB
30th October 2012, 08:01 AM
Seems to be ok now yeah?

We actually got attacked the other day, someone tried to bring us down which is a first.

My provider mentioned how they needed to do some work one morning this week so it could of being that...

mudski
30th October 2012, 08:05 AM

No a TD42... :)
I use Firefox for my browser and have a little ad-on program called Ad Block Plus. No more slowness for me....

taslucas
30th October 2012, 09:07 AM
No a TD42... :)
I use Firefox for my browser and have a little ad-on program called Ad Block Plus. No more slowness for me....

I use Firefox and have ad block too but dint have ad block turned on much as it sometimes removes useful stuff. I buy sponsorship here to get rid of the ads:-). That is all except one that's always down the bottom

Tap, crackle, pop

Maxhead
30th October 2012, 09:14 AM

It would be lightning fast if it was powered by the 3l :)

Sir Roofy
30th October 2012, 11:19 AM
it would be lightning fast if it was powered by the 3l :)

here here ill second that lmao

choppie
30th October 2012, 11:39 AM

That's nasty Tonka LOL

taslucas
30th October 2012, 11:42 AM
It would be lightning fast if it was powered by the 3l :)

But would have melted by now!

Tap, crackle, pop

Maxhead
30th October 2012, 11:49 AM
But would have melted by now!

Tap, crackle, pop

oooouch!!! hahahah Haven't got a come back at the moment, leave it with me...lol

taslucas
30th October 2012, 11:51 AM
Haha ok I'll wait for you to catch up. Lmao

Tap, crackle, pop