PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

MasterUWA
30th October 2012, 01:45 AM
Hey Everyone,

My name is Matthew and I'm living in Perth. Have always wanted to get into 4x4'ing but it was never really a family thing. However I now have my licence and after growing up around 4wd's my whole life I've decided to buy my own this summer and really get out there and give it all a go (Im also a new member of my local Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade and feel very much like a rookie when going offroad in the fire trucks so am looking to get a whole lot of experience that I can use there as well).

Im studying to be a Mechatronics Engineer so I'm hoping I will be able to lend my knowledge of electrical systems to the community.

One last thing, is there somewhere in this forum that I can ask for opinions on Patrols that I am looking at buying? I figure most of you have done a whole lot of hunting for patrols and I'm fairly new.

Thanks,
Matt :biggrin:

BigRAWesty
30th October 2012, 02:07 AM
Welcome Matt. You've come to the right place..
It grow your question up in the general chat section.
The biggest thing is your budget.. You can pick up a nice GQ project car for $5000-$8000, right up to a fully loaded vertical wall climbing monster for $50000...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Woof
30th October 2012, 02:26 AM
Welcome Matt, as Westy said just whack up a post in general chat..........enjoy the forum mate

growler2058
30th October 2012, 04:41 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent via my tapping thumbs

MEGOMONSTER
30th October 2012, 04:55 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

threedogs
30th October 2012, 05:47 AM
Welcome Matt ,I'm sure you'll find your ride , jump in anytime and enjoy.
Dual fuel are cheaper but keep an eye out for a 4.2 diesel it'll out last you lol

Dhuck
30th October 2012, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
30th October 2012, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

If you don't get many replies here you may want to ask this question somewhere else as a lot of people don't read the introductions section.

Sir Roofy
30th October 2012, 10:38 AM
Welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

choppie
30th October 2012, 10:45 AM
Hey Matt, welcome to the best forum on the planet, good friendly bunch, not too many bite LOL

rainman01
30th October 2012, 06:08 PM
Welcome mate, you have certainly come to the right place for advice.

Kablamo
30th October 2012, 06:28 PM
4.2 turbo diesel baby, most common in a ute but wagons can be found.

wildgu6
31st October 2012, 09:33 AM
G'day Matt, Welcome aboard buddy.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

2TROLLFAM
1st November 2012, 07:04 AM
Welcome Aboard the best forum on the net (both Patrol wise and other) .. the guys & girls here are the best !!! Nothing is too much trouble & No question is "dumb" (and trust me I've asked some dumb questions LOL) If you have the knowledge please share and if like me, you dont, then join in anyways .. it's a great little community !!

Once you've posted your intro - jump into the other threads to have a look around or ask questions - not everyone gets in here (Intros) and sometimes your questions will be missed if posted in this area. :)

Hope you enjoy your stay !!

my third 256
1st November 2012, 08:14 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Maxhead
2nd November 2012, 12:49 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

healy
2nd November 2012, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

nissanforever
12th January 2013, 08:35 AM
hello and welcome to the forum

DX grunt
12th January 2013, 11:49 AM
Hey Everyone,

However I now have my licence and after growing up around 4wd's my whole life I've decided to buy my own this summer and really get out there and give it all a go (Im also a new member of my local Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade and feel very much like a rookie when going offroad in the fire trucks so am looking to get a whole lot of experience that I can use there as well).

One last thing, is there somewhere in this forum that I can ask for opinions on Patrols that I am looking at buying? I figure most of you have done a whole lot of hunting for patrols and I'm fairly new.

Thanks,
Matt :biggrin:

G'day Matt

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us - especiallly being another Sandgroper.

I used to be part of DFES (Dept of Fire and Emergency Services) and instruct on a few things, but can't remember if you're allowed to drive DFES vehicles on P's.

DFES, as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), do provide training for you.

If you want to ask questions about your troll, go to General Nissan Patrol Chat section, and ask away.

Take care out there, and enjoy your studies at UWA.

Rossco

MasterUWA
20th January 2013, 11:53 PM
Hey Rossco,

Turns out I am indeed allowed to drive DFES vehicles on my P's but not under operational conditions (ie emergencies etc.) and I'm not illegible to participate in any of the driver training courses because they contain operational conditions driving. Hopefully this year I may be allowed to do the courses however as I am getting of my P's in November, just in time for the next fire season, and doing the course during the season would be quite hard to organise and not as helpful.

Matt

Lowedoggy18
21st January 2013, 11:36 PM
hello matt,im new aswell!

the godfather
21st January 2013, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the nut house Matt. I assume you are studying at the wonderful UWA.

Lowedoggy18
22nd January 2013, 11:55 AM
hello, im new aswell, im lachie and im in ingham

wildgu6
22nd January 2013, 12:56 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT