PDA

View Full Version : Best way to waterproof doors seals?

lorrieandjas
30th October 2012, 12:08 AM
Hi guys and gals. Just curious on the best way to waterproof door seals for decent water crossings? I know nothing's perfect - but what's your opinion? Done a heap and done 4by training but still looking for a good way to seal doors - other than "don't stop!"

Jas

threedogs
30th October 2012, 06:41 AM
You said it don't stop, if its a very big river like the Jardine you could use 2" masking tape.
personally I wouldn't worry about it ,water wont get in unless you stop, Check pic,
you'll see my mate in the distance as we didn't know where the road went, it was like this
for k after k and towing a camper. No water got in ,,,depth was 600-700 mm

taslucas
30th October 2012, 06:44 AM
have you tried to test your door seals? I stopped in a river a while ago to see what would happen and not a single leak:)

BearGUST
30th October 2012, 08:07 AM
I've got a spray called 'rubber care' that I spray on seals from time to time. Keeps them moist which helps.

JonnoD
30th October 2012, 11:41 AM
The real problem isnt the door seals, while it doesnt help if they are cracked ect, but it is the drain hole that lets all the water in. You could always plug them up and then have to manually drain them every so often. Also check that the rubber gromets in your floor are in tight as they will let water in as well

twisty
31st October 2012, 09:35 AM
A good dose of wd40 helps