PDA

View Full Version : Any savvy advice on belt replacement (A/C, Alt & P. Steering) would be highly welcome

Anaurath
27th October 2012, 02:48 PM
Hi Guys,

Just trying to change all the belts in my TB45. From a theoretic point of view it seems affordable, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of tips and tricks to be aware of.

Any advise from your side would be very welcome. Apart of being all of them very worn, the decision of change them comes from a weird sound coming from the A/C one. If I spray some silicon on it the sound disappears, but after less than a minute it comes up again.

Do you think it would be necessary to replace also the A/C pulley?

Any tip to properly tension all the belts?

Thanks in advance,

BigRAWesty
27th October 2012, 03:49 PM
Try new belts,
if the belt sits a few MM's down into the pulley then it's probably best to get new pulleys for optimum operation and life from your new belts. But it is not vital.
Your new belts will still work on a worn v-belt pulley.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

threedogs
27th October 2012, 05:05 PM
Most belts when tensioned right is approx 10mm - 15mm deflection, Ring Gary or email nizzbits great prices on OE parts.
Air con belt probably an arm and a leg to buy if similar to tojo's, wait till it breaks, if you can live without it for a day or too IMO

Robo
27th October 2012, 10:32 PM
Yes,
keep the sleeves off new belts for future size reference.
even put old belts in them and put under back seat in case.
Check idler bearing.
Water pump is ok ?.
Fan viscus clutch is ok ?.

Anaurath
28th October 2012, 12:06 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions guys,

Regards,

JakeKafka61
23rd May 2024, 03:47 PM
I need to follow this thread as I'm about to replace an all soft Alt and ps belt!