PDA

View Full Version : Other forums

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 08:50 AM
Not 4wd related but...

I got onto a shooting/hunting forum I have not been on for 2 years and thought I would do a post about a large group of properties I am trying to get permission to shoot on and they are owned by a client I garden her factory for.

Now here is where it goes funny.. the comments of rooting her came up almost straight away and people asking where the property is (big no no as no one gives up that info) when I reply to that in joke form I am met with childish hostility..

Then when I ask why would I want to root some woman who probably could not care about me one bit and I have a wife who I love so much and 2 beautiful kids I am met with calm down mate it's only a joke and then they all start with the +1 +2 for rooting this woman.... I mean Faarrkk you lot are children!!!
Now I talk shooting up in a positive light but these drongo's dont seem to care how they are viewed and do nothing for there interest in shooting???

I dont want to get online so I can get into childish fights with people.. I dont know.

I am so glad this forum is the way it is.. even if I cant say " Could not organise a root in a brothel with a fist full of fifties" without being censored!! he he!!!

rusty_nail
26th October 2012, 08:56 AM
I think your exactly right mate, there are many "faceless men" on this forum, but thats only cos i haven't met them yet and I sure I may one day. I've also found on other forums those faceless blokes are more interested in remaining that way cos they wanna be assholes. This forum has a great culture which is why I have no problem handing over a measly amount for money for forum sponsorship and even purchasing some of the merch. This forum has such a "lean on me" culture I reckon it's great, just make sure your badge stays Nissan =)

Tappin

kevin07
26th October 2012, 08:56 AM
well make sure you dont buy a nav as they will get stuck into you as well thank god for patrols

Sir Roofy
26th October 2012, 09:00 AM
If you can get onto the properties in deer country mate send us a pm
and we could check them out

Sir Roofy
26th October 2012, 09:02 AM
i think your exactly right mate, there are many "faceless men" on this forum, but thats only cos i haven't met them yet and i sure i may one day. I've also found on other forums those faceless blokes are more interested in remaining that way cos they wanna be assholes. This forum has a great culture which is why i have no problem handing over a measly amount for money for forum sponsorship and even purchasing some of the merch. This forum has such a "lean on me" culture i reckon it's great, just make sure your badge stays nissan =)

tappin

hoping to catch up with you in the future as well

MudRunnerTD
26th October 2012, 09:40 AM
I am on a number of forums and it is very clear that this forum has a completely different position on what is considered acceptable and Everyone to a Man accepts that as being reasonable.

No Junk.
No Junk Posts.
No Junk People.

Makes it easy to read and live here.

growler2058
26th October 2012, 09:48 AM
I am so glad this forum is the way it is.. even if I cant say " Could not organise a root in a brothel with a fist full of fifties" without being censored!! he he!!!

I prefer couldn't organize a $2 root with a fistful of $5 notes ;-)

Sent via my tapping thumbs

choppie
26th October 2012, 09:53 AM
Have looked at other forums before but think it's not worth putting up with the crap.
that's why I like this forum cause it's the best on the planet :gossip:

The BigFella
26th October 2012, 10:02 AM
cant agree with you blokes more, this forum is unique in it doesnt have the ratio of keyboard hero's as some Ive been on.
A mate got perma-banned from a motorbike riders forum for making a broad statement regarding the possibility of taking legal action for cyber bullying?
Go figure, the thread was sent to the Australian mods and the bloke got booted, no corrospondance entered into your honour!

And as for keyboard hero's, dont get me started on that other patrol forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

so thanks guys for making this forum what it is, simply awesome!

growler2058
26th October 2012, 10:05 AM
I got moderated on another forum for typing sh1t hahhahaha didn't bother me except there is no consistency with other longer standing members there typing fark and similar not being edited.

wildgu6
26th October 2012, 10:14 AM
Well said by all,
its almost like we are hand picked lol.
Nah i think the etiquitte here is far above the rest and i put that down to the great Moderating,

BA, these fellas give guys in the shooting scene a bad name.
I meen come on if you (like yourself) read some of this garbage I'm damn sure property owners wouldnt be letting ^$$#@(e$ like that on their property, what to shoot it up.
Di******* like that just make it harder for genuine peeps to get out there.

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 10:54 AM
Well said by all,
its almost like we are hand picked lol.
Nah i think the etiquitte here is far above the rest and i put that down to the great Moderating,

BA, these fellas give guys in the shooting scene a bad name.
I meen come on if you (like yourself) read some of this garbage I'm damn sure property owners wouldnt be letting ^$$#@(e$ like that on their property, what to shoot it up.
Di******* like that just make it harder for genuine peeps to get out there.

Thats right.. I treat the place as if it were mine and help out the farmers/property owners where I can including planting 800 trees (that nearly killed me) but that farmer repays me with having a pretty free run on his place including camping and so on.

I was part of a motorcycle forum that was not too bad but every now and then it seem to get out of hand and the Mods were in there little cool club and if you did not fit in with them you got shit canned on a regular basis.

I once was at a stunt riding meet up (not legal but on private property) and 2 idiot girls with limited experience decided to drag race with no helmets on and they both crashed at high speed at the same time (something to be said for darwinism) and people were rushing around like pork chops, one girl just sat there loving all the attention from all the blokes and the other was rushed to hospital in a car.

Now I got on the forum later that night and did not mention names but basically said what a bunch of dickheads and they deserve what they get..... the shit hit the fan and I was black balled.

Not for the right reasons either, now if you are stupid enough to put a meet at jeopardy by being stupid then you deserve what you get.

I was a senior member there but after that....

The hunting forum I did not gell with that well, it was ok and tried 4x4 earth and that other one and none seem to fit until I found this little forum just sitting there off to the side and love it!!!!!

lorrieandjas
26th October 2012, 11:28 AM
I always reckon forums are like pubs - we all love 'em but there are just some pubs you don't want to hang out in! I think its a testament to the moderators, admins and to the members this forum is as informative and easygoing as it is. I think a certain amount of positive peer pressure on here is a good thing. I know what you mean about "cool moderators" and arbitrary banning/black-listing. Happens way too often - and if you read the forum charter or rules - they are never consistent. I think some of the forums out there should be private forums so they can all ooooh and aaah at each other.......

boots
26th October 2012, 06:30 PM
Same same - used to be on another certain hunting forum and it was great .Till it reached XYZ... number of members and some were affiliated with other hunting orgs , things got nasty and heated and the mods were soft . In the end the pin was pulled on the whole lot . On my second forum membership here and really like the diversity this place offers .

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 09:56 PM
Sounds like most of us had similar experiences. I used to love the other forum but it got overrun by nobheads and mods were no better. This place is the place to be no doubt. Never experienced a forum like it. And the mods don't need to be nazis coz we all take pride in the place. Nobheads, few and far between as they are, generally dont last long here. Cheers!
Here here!!!

my third 256
27th October 2012, 07:05 AM
I prefer couldn't organize a $2 root with a fistful of $5 notes ;-)

i like couldn get a root in a wood yard myself

threedogs
27th October 2012, 07:10 AM
I've tripped over a root, going again next trip WTF
I just need to say I loves use awl, from TD

The BigFella
27th October 2012, 08:03 AM
yes well you know what they say,,,,,,,, "you can root a beat however you cannot beat a root"

Bloodyaussie
27th October 2012, 08:50 AM
I did not have to much of a problem with the censorship from last time but it seems the other mods are a bit more relaxed about this expression.... the mod who edited it last time is no longer with us????

I just got the news that I did not get permission to shoot on these properties as they have there paid shooters , bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want one huge bugger to shoot on, very sad now.

dads tractor
28th October 2012, 10:16 PM
I would just like to add that I find it hard to express a view when replying to forums to be takin in the right context but have been told that I'm very direct when I express myself , BUT hey this community is second to none.Thanks to all members:

mudski
28th October 2012, 10:35 PM
I think your exactly right mate, there are many "faceless men" on this forum, but thats only cos i haven't met them yet and I sure I may one day. I've also found on other forums those faceless blokes are more interested in remaining that way cos they wanna be assholes. This forum has a great culture which is why I have no problem handing over a measly amount for money for forum sponsorship and even purchasing some of the merch. This forum has such a "lean on me" culture I reckon it's great, just make sure your badge stays Nissan =)

Tappin

Faceless? Heres my noggin...

Anyhow, I'm a member of two other 4x4 forums, joined them all around the same time as here, but like here teh best, and two computing forums as I'm a computer addict aswell. The computing forums are the worst by far. So heavily moderated for stupid shit and they let all the kid keyboard warriors roam around mouthing off.

Irish
29th October 2012, 12:57 PM
Haha, just saw this after reading the thread on that other forum. There's a few good guys on it but way to many who think their poo doesn't stink.
I hardly post there as a lot of the time when you ask an honest question you get someone taslk down to you like you're an idiot.
I don't need a forum to do that, thats what my bank manager is for!

threedogs
29th October 2012, 01:18 PM
Just had a smell,,,,,, mine stinks.lol this is first and probably only forum I'll join.
Have only met one, but reckon I have a lap top full of "MATES" I could drop in
on and have a beer or three at anytime and vice versa LOL

Irish
29th October 2012, 01:38 PM
Haha, I'm not game to try mine mate. I'd have to put myself on trial for illegal use of chemical warfare.

Yeah, you do get the impression on here that the good bloke to knobhead ratio is heavily weighted towards the good bloke side of the scale, which is refreshing(unlike your poo).

Did someone say beer?

rusty_nail
29th October 2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah I heard beer but not VB... That stuff stays in winnies fridge lol

Tappin

threedogs
29th October 2012, 01:55 PM
Just for that you can't come, Irish you're good to go after I freshen up.
Nothing wrong with Winnies fridge either

rusty_nail
29th October 2012, 02:04 PM
Nothing wrong with Winnies fridge either

Cept it's full of that Very Bad Vitamin B

Tappin

oncedisturbed
29th October 2012, 02:38 PM
Looks like we have been in the same boat with various forums, gotta admit as well this the best by far. I lost count how many of them I am on but hardly "check in" on the others.

Tap, Tap Taparoo

macca
29th October 2012, 02:47 PM
I waffle on, I hi-jack, I get the wrong end of the stick, I tell the mods how I like my new vest only cause theirs hasn't arrived and you still let me stay.

You got to be good blokes and lassies.

waffle waffle waffle waffle

rusty_nail
29th October 2012, 02:54 PM
I tell the mods how I like my new vest only cause theirs hasn't arrived and you still let me stay.

Hahahahaha too true, only this forums mods could put up with our rubbish lol

Tappin

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2012, 03:50 PM
See this is all the more reason I am so looking forward to the 16th!!!!!!

Was round at Mudski's place this morning and we could have gotten in trouble for doing bugger all today with very little effort....... would have easily turned into do ya want a coffee into do ya want a beer!!!!!!!

mudski
30th October 2012, 10:16 PM
Haha!! guess what mate? I cracked my first stubbie around 45miuntes after you left. I really had the cbf's after you'd gone. So on the wireless went in the garage, and I tinkered and drank frothies. Like I did today actually!!!